Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #16
dkddis
Mouseketeer

Stay on site.
79 - ????, 4/03 - WL - Disneyitis takes hold, 5/04 AKL/BWI, 6/04 Joined DVC for treatment, 2/05 - First DVC Trip BCV & OKW, 4/05 - First DL Trip - DLH - Disneyitis worsens, 2/06 - First DCL Trip - 7 Night Western - beyond saving, 4/06 - Second DL Trip - GC -
dkddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESCHULTZFIVE
Disney store.com or did you go to the Disney store?
I got the fans at the Disney Store. I got a Minnie Mouse and a Buzz/Woody. I believe they also had an Incredibles and one other, but sorry -- I can't remember which character(s).
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #18
Nini
Mouseketeer

I too think that Fanny packs are great!

Though with a small child, I will need more than that in carry space. I have decided on a smallish knapsack (a sporty type...weather proof material) and ziplock bags for those items that must stay dry. This will enable me to carry those essential sippy cups and snacks that my little one will need throughout the day. I will also be able to carry dh's wallet for him (in a ziplock of course!) and maybe a dry pair of shorts for myself and dd3...we hate wet bottoms!!! DH doesn't care if he is wet...man thing I suppose!

Hmmmmmm...I buy the plain old light sticks for the kids for our annual cape cod trip, so I think that I will buy those again (traveling w/extended family for this trip too!) as they like to take them to bed...they double as night lights and I can generally find them at Ocean State Job Lot for approx. $.99 each!!!!!!!!!!!

-Comfortable shoes are a MUST!!!!! I agree that you should start walking BEFORE the trip. Socks with your shoes/sneakers are a plus for cutting down on blisters.

-Don't try to cover everything in one trip...you'll kill yourself trying!!!!! Save some for a reason to go back.

-I read about these...disposable cereal bowls from Target! They have the cereal in them (same concept as the boxes but they are in fact plastic bowls) and with kids, this is a great time/money saver!!!!!
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #19
ksoehrlein
Once (and Future?) CM

Location: Previously seen at POFQ, BC, WL, CSR, OKW, BWV, VWL, POR, SSR, PC, BCV, ASMu, CR, YC, PPH, AKV, ASSp, ASMo & CBR

For DD4 : The thread about how to get a PS for Cindy's Royal Table for breakfast. I never could have snagged it once, let alone three times (and counting), without those instrux!

For DS2 : I'm glad I read here about getting baby's first haircut at MK. I never knew they gave ears and a commemorative certificate until I read it on the DIS.

For me : The tips on going it alone with 2 small kids. I ended up buying a toddler harness (despite my initial reluctance) and a sling, and put both to good use. Of course bringing DH with us the next time made it even easier.

For our budget: The ING Direct FAQ! And many of the other hints on the Budget Board.

In conclusion:
2011: Goofy Challenge / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
2012: Goofy Challenge / DL Half Marathon (Coast to Coast) / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
ksoehrlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #20
allforpooh
DVC Member

Towncar instead of Mears

Grocery Stop -buy cheap styrafoam cooler-buy pop- bring a lg ziploc bag to use for the ice refills much less mess..

Refill water bottle in Park

Put all of the Park, parade, and Firework times on a index card on one side, your tentative schedule with PS's times and #s along with Resort, Dining phone numbers on the other side and laminate - I keep this in my backpack.....

Pack then take out half - I always end up wearing the small comfortable stuff over and over

Teva Sandals

Go to the Park Early, go back to resort by 12 or 1 - rest, nap, swim - then dinner and back to parks - everyone is in a much better mood.

Check the refurbishment schedule right when you get there in case anything was added - one year we went to MGM after we were there a couple of days and found that Rock N Roller Coaster just went off line for a week but had been opened the first 2 days we were there.

To be honest there are so many things I have learned from these boards that each time we go it is more relaxing and fun....

Denise
WDW 23, DL, DCL, Disney Hilton Head, Italy, St Thomas, San Juan, Sedona AZ, Washington DC, Williamsburg VA, New Orleans, Grand Canyon, New York City, Vegas, Universal Studios, Mackinaw Island, Chicago, San Diego, British Virgin Islands, London, ABD Ireland, Germany, Aruba Mexico,France, Belgium, Spain

Food and Wine October 2014
allforpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:31 PM   #21
Yardbird
Picks up a variety of nuts every few weeks
I have one in the center of my right hand
butter or nothing for me!

Discount Codes! When I joined Dis last year, I had no idea that discount codes existed. Last June we were able to use a McDonald's code and paid $79.00 a night for POFQ. Then in October we used a room only code and got WL for $139.00 a night. This June we will be returning for our first DVC trip (another tip)!

There are so many useful tips that I learned from these boards, that I can't even begin to mention them all!
Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM   #22
briarberry
Mouseketeer

Smile early, early, early!

We found getting to the parks at opening was a lifesaver. We did all the rides we wanted to do in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland by 10:30 one day. It was an EMH. It got crowded shortly after and we just left and hung out at the pool and returned around 3:00.
Good shoes are a must! I love my Birkenstocks!
briarberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #23
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

My best tip would be to always choose the left line for rides. My kids would see who we would be behind if we went to the right. Every ride we always beat that person on by going to the left. Try it!

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:29 AM   #24
I Dream of Disney
Mouseketeer

Wear the rain ponchos on Kali River Rapids.....

First trip we were soaked and walked around with wet clothes and sneakers all day.

Next few trips, we wore the ponchos and rode the ride three or four times in a row, first thing in the morning.

We gave the ponchos to another family waiting in line.
2007 OKW, BCV
2006 BCV, VWL
2005 WL, POFQ,
2004 Poly
1994 Disney Inn
1991 Big Red Boat, CRB
1987 CRB
I Dream of Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #25
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

I glad I listened to the few people that had good things to say about Mears. I've had quick, polite,friendly, and cheap service both times that I have used them.

I'm looking forward to using them again next month.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #26
DizzKneeLand
Mouseketeer

Body Glide for your feet to reduce (and for me elimiate) the blisters. Couple that with Cool Max socks - and you are good for hours and hours of walking!!!

DizzKnee
DizzKneeLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #27
KAG Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie
I glad I listened to the few people that had good things to say about Mears. I've had quick, polite,friendly, and cheap service both times that I have used them.

I'm looking forward to using them again next month.
I'm new here. What is Mears?
KAG Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #28
MickeyMonstersMom
DIS Veteran

Codes! Otherwise, I'd never have known there was an alternative to rack rates!

Using a Town Car rather than Mears - Mears gets people there OK, but the Town Car added a nice magical touch for Grandma and Dkids. However, since renting a car last year, I now enjoy the independence and will most likely continue renting.

The Unofficial Guide's and the DIS's strategies for getting that elusive CRT PS. It worked for me back in 2002, though I haven't tried to push my luck since!

The simple importance of planning - PS's, having at least a general plan for what we want to accomplish each day and knowing which of those things to do first and avoid bottlenecks. It's so practical, maximizing our time, which also helps the vacation be more magical!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #29
momm2four
We all have those little "skeletons" in our closets, don't we?

Mears is a company that sends vehicles to shuttle people between airport and WDW.

Lori P.

Never used them, so other people can probably go into more detail.

WDW Oct. '02 HIFS DCL Wonder Oct '05 WDW Oct. 05 PORDCL Magic Oct '08WDW Oct. 08 Nick HotelUniversal Bonnet Creek Resort '10WDW/Universal Bonnet Creek Resort '12DCL Fantasy June '12
momm2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #30
Bluenoser
Mouseketeer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahannpen
The best advice I ever got, and listned to, was to make copies of the back of my park tickets incase they were ever lost. I did this last trip, and let me tell you...thank god I did. I lost my pass BUT with the copy I made, I was able to have the old one voided and a new pass issued in minutes.
How far did you have to go to get copies made? are there copiers on the resort?

Thanks.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccadjqwbxr.png[/img]

Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: