Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #271
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykathleen2005 View Post
If you want to take videos, especially longer ones you are going to need a VERY large memory disk. There should be specifications on the package as to what kind of memory you will need and depending on the pixel size. The bigger the pricier these can be and may add significantly to the cost of the camera.
Will a 4 GB work? I already bought the camera, and hubby ordered me a memory stick for mother's day. I'm thinking I shouldn't have any problems with having enough room for my camera with something that big, don't you? Any tips will help. Thank you. BTW anyone out there buying memory sticks my hubby went online and got my 4GB for the cost of a 2GB so for certain shop around, it pays to look online (and I'm sure you know what sites I'm talking about) to find cheap buys. It totally paid off for us!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #272
Madisonsmom926
Mouseketeer

PhotoPass

I have to agree that the photopass photos are great!! But they are expensive. After our trip last year, my mom found a program on the internet called "Cropper catcher" (I think) The program will allow you to crop a section on any page and save it on your computer. So, we looked up our pics, added whatever details we wanted (borders, pictures, character signatures, etc) then cropped out the pic and saved it on our computer. Then we printed them out ourselves. They may not be as clear as the ones you get from Disney (not sure, because we never ordered any) but it will, without a doubt save you a lot of money, especially if you have a bunch of pics on there like we did!!!
Madison
Mackenzie
Heather
Corey
Madisonsmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #273
Reminiscing_Cody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Will a 4 GB work? I already bought the camera, and hubby ordered me a memory stick for mother's day. I'm thinking I shouldn't have any problems with having enough room for my camera with something that big, don't you? Any tips will help. Thank you. BTW anyone out there buying memory sticks my hubby went online and got my 4GB for the cost of a 2GB so for certain shop around, it pays to look online (and I'm sure you know what sites I'm talking about) to find cheap buys. It totally paid off for us!
Depends on what compression method your camera uses to store the video, as well as video resolution and frame rate (I'm assuming standard TV resolution of 640x480 at 30 frames per second).

My Fujifilm compact does about 15 minutes per 1 GB, but it uses a very high quality (and thus high storage requirement) compression method. My friend has a Casio compact that does about 30 minutes per 1 GB but it is slightly lower quality video.
Reminiscing_Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #274
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Taking a bottle of SoftSoap for the hotel. You don't have to worry with slimy Mickey soap and it's a pump. We loved it!!
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #275
silverarrowknits
makin' memories

1. Have a Disney drawer to keep everything I only use at Disney.
2. Get a DDE card & make ADRs.
3. Just get the Mr. Potato Head Disney pieces and buy a Mr. Potato Head at Wal-mart.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #276
LindsayDunn228

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrowknits View Post
1. Have a Disney drawer to keep everything I only use at Disney.
2. Get a DDE card & make ADRs.
3. Just get the Mr. Potato Head Disney pieces and buy a Mr. Potato Head at Wal-mart.
I thought that was only for Florida residents.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #277
silverarrowknits
makin' memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayDunn228 View Post
I thought that was only for Florida residents.
It is for AP holders and Florida residents. I have a Florida resident AP.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #278
LindsayDunn228

Oh ok.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #279
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I love all the tips on here!

Our last trip, I packed a pair of slippers. Just plain old fuzzy slippers. They didn't take up much room in our suitcase and they were heaven to put on every time we got back to the room.

It gave my feet a much needed rest after walking for miles and miles at the parks!
Old 05-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #280
Punky's Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post

Our last trip, I packed a pair of slippers. Just plain old fuzzy slippers. They didn't take up much room in our suitcase and they were heaven to put on every time we got back to the room.

It gave my feet a much needed rest after walking for miles and miles at the parks!
That is a great idea! I'm going to add that to my list!

THANKS!

DisneyWorld...September 15th 2007!!!
Disneyland.....May & October of 2006
Disneyland.....June of 1996
Disneyland.....Summer of 1984
Punky's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #281
SweetSally
Earning My Ears

Quote:
As soon as I read this I thought - "Ooooh that's sounds nice"

Great tip
2/76 and 2/89 - off site~2/98 - BWV - Honeymoon~10/99 - BC and BWV~5/00 - BWV~1/02 - OKW~12/02 - BWV - DD 1st trip ~9/03 - BWV~5/04 - BCV~8/04 - Pop Century~2/05 - POR~9/05 - All-Star Movies - DS 1st trip ~10/05 - OKW~2/06 - SSR~7/06 - YC and BWV~12/06 - BWV~6/07 - OKW~11/07 - SSR~5/08 - BWV and VB

SweetSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #282
disneyscotland
Earning My Ears

Planning my second trip to WDW. The first was when I was kid so didn't have to stress about planning. But now that I do, this thread will make it so much easier. Thanks everyone for the great tips!
disneyscotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #283
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:

I surprised our kids with Disney character slippers on the first night in our hotel room. They were a hit!
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #284
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Just back, and these were the best.
1. Skirt hangers (the plastic free ones from stores with two clothespin type clips) which I used to hang bathing suits to dry. The suits dried very quickly and they were easy to move away from the shower curtain rod and hang on the hooks on the back of the door while someone was bathing.
2. The two for a dollar ponchos from Dollar Tree. There were 6 of us and I had bought 18 ponchos. I used 9 of them and brought the others back. We used 6 for a sudden rainstorm, (and then to sit on over wet bleachers at Fantasmic), and 3 to keep us dry for our second ride on Splash Mountain, which has been changed so you get SOAKED on the first turn when you go by the plunging log. You sit there while their plume covers you. When we got off, we just passed them on to other riders.
3. A pack of drip-dry metal hangers from Dollar Tree. It was so nice to have enough hangers, and I could have thrown them away if I wanted.
4. I had the shoe holders but didn't use them much. We had a small ledge above the sink (in Pop) and our toilet articles fit there nicely.
5. Small fans from Big Lots for the kids, and a mist fan from Wal Mart - those things really cool you off. If you go in the summer, be SURE to have one.
6. Use either Unofficial Guide or Tour Guide Mike to find out which parks to visit when, and which rides to visit when. It does make a difference.
7. A carabiner water bottle clip from Wal-Mart. It hooked on to my small park pack and held a regular size water bottle, which wouldn't have fit in my pack. Great to have a sip any time I wanted one.
8. Travel packs of Wet One antibacterial hand wipes to carry everywhere.

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
PittypatBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #285
Grand2me
Mouseketeer

Just back and I must say I had a great time!! The weather was beautiful.

I am SO GLAD that I heard about moleskin through this site. My feet have never blistered in the past and I have no idea why they would start now. After the first day of walking in Epcot and the extra hours at AK, my feet were raw. Moleskin SAVED MY TRIP. I will never leave home again without them. I am also getting some better walking shoes.

I also can not stress DRAMAMINE(the less drowsy version) and getting the souvenir mugs. Unfortunately the day before we were supposed to leave, DH lost the mug in MK. We were able to share drinks and bring ice into the parks which was priceless. It was a good thing to have.

ALSO, If you are staying on site and do not have the DDP, shoot yourself in the foot now and save yourself the trouble. the DDP pays for itself in almost one meal. You cannot justify paying $110 for dinner any other way.

As I think of others, I'll post more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: