Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #1981
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saylorbunch

Ok, so where do you get this moleskin? I've checked a couple of stores with no luck. Maybe in a different section?
I can usually find it in the Dr. Scholl's section at Wal-Mart, Walgreen's or CVS.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #1982
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post

I can usually find it in the Dr. Scholl's section at Wal-Mart, Walgreen's or CVS.
Target, too.

I have heel spurs & plantar fasciitis. For the former, a softer heel area in my shoe is needed after a while. For the latter, I pretty much live in Birkenstocks of every style. The two don't play nice together.

For our trip, I stressed about shoes while others were stressing about a plan of attack for the parks!!! My dr gave me a heel lift and RX for orthotics for my tennis shoes. I didn't want to wear them (hot & bulky to pack) so I brought Chacos & Birkenstocks. Chacos gave me arch support & enough give so my heel would be happy but I started to get blisters (even with anti-friction gel)!!! Switched to my Birks & my heel was aching before the day was over. The heel lift didn't work because its made for shoes & not sandals.

The only thing I could think of was the moleskin had an adhesive backing. As dumb as it looked, I cut out heel-shaped pieces and stuck them to my feet!! It helped!

We are heading back in Nov. I'm still at a loss about shoes. I guess I will be lugging extra pairs to the parks so I can switch when needed.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #1983
Letterhead
Mouseketeer

Be at the parks for opening. This allowed us to walk onto so many rides without queuing. Nobody seems to turn up until after 10.30am.
Letterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1984
mguilford1
Mouseketeer

Smile December tips?

Any tips for an early December trip with our 8 year old granddaughter? We will be staying at AK Jambo!!!! This will be her first time at WDW!
mguilford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #1985
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilford1 View Post
Any tips for an early December trip with our 8 year old granddaughter? We will be staying at AK Jambo!!!! This will be her first time at WDW!
Early December is a great time, because the decorations are up, but the parks aren't crowded. The best suggestion is: get to the park for rope drop; you can see a lot of attractions in the first couple of hours before the bulk of the people arrive.

carlbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #1986
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlethings View Post
About mid-day breaks, at the time we are going, park hours will be shorter with the exception of one night at MK, do you still recommend breaks if the hours are 7:30pm or earlier? I really do love the idea of it but it seems we'd be wasting precious touring hours if we leave for 3 hours on a shorter day.
This is such a great question. You see the "take afternoon breaks" strategy in so many posts, but to me it can be counterproductive if you go in the off-season. If the parks close early, leaving for a long break eats into park time too much. I usually go in October, and (except for the parks with evening EMH), the parks tend to close anywhere from 5:00 to 9:00 at the latest.

So for me, I tend to only take an afternoon break occasionally, usually when going to a park that closes "late" (like Epcot, at 9:00 pm). I might take a quick trip back to the resort in the afternoon to shower and change clothes if I get particularly hot and sweaty, but tend not to linger long at the hotel. I figure that I can relax at night and/or go to bed early - but don't waste too much time on afternoon breaks.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #1987
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilford1 View Post
She will have a ball! It's a wonderful age to enjoy Disney. They don't get as tired, no strollers to deal with, a bit more adventurous.

Suggestions: Get an appointment at Harmony Barbershop to have her hair done. It is fun, much cheaper than Bibbidi Bobbidi and cute.

Take her to Japan in Epcot and go to pick a pearl. It is about 15-17.00 and you pick an oyster and they get your pearl out. Pick the ugliest oyster you can find.

The crystal store in Germany at Epcot is fun, too. I found a tiara for DD there that was JUST beautiful!

Club Kool at Epcot is the Coca Cola's from around the World and you can taste all kinds for free. Kids love this.

There is a silhouette place to the left of the castle in MK, across the bridge, before Hall of Presidents. It is fantastic. They do an awesome job. For 8.00, if you get a frame, I think we paid 15.00 and they give you 2 silhouettes.

Festival of the Lion King, Kilamanjaro Safaris, Flights of Wonder are ALL great attractions at Animal Kingdom for kids.

I don't know how ride adventurous she is...but, great down time rides are:

PeopleMover, Railroad, Liberty Boat, Tom Sawyer's Island...nice for a rest.

My DD loves Pirates, Big Thunder Mtn, Splash (MK) Kali Rapids (AK) and Mermaid and Toy Story (DHS), Soarin', Spaceship Earth (Epcot)

Have a great time!

Definitely, Definitely go to Osborne lights in DHS - magnificent!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #1988
LifeOnCloud8
Earning My Ears

The Disney tip I'm really glad I listened to? Take a break at the resort during the hot part of the day. You'll need it. (And this is coming from a college student with ADD and an excess of energy.)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #1989
ErinsAuntMimi
Earning My Ears

Safely carry meds/pills in park...

If you have a few pills to be taken while in the parks, put them in a contact lens case with screw-on lids. The case is small, fits easily in a zipper pocket or pouch, and it is waterproof so it keeps pills dry.

(DH) (Me) (DS 22)
ErinsAuntMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1990
leannak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
The Unofficial Guide - It is my Bible! Although I would like to try a Passporter next time.

Asking to ride in the front of the monorail. On our last trip we only got it once, but the trip before we did it a bunch of times. The kids love it.
Any tips for riding in front of monorail? Who do you ask? Are there CMs always at the monorail stops? I don't remember. Also, any idea how many can fit? We'll be 4 or 5 adults and 3 kids ages 9 & under.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #1991
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post

Any tips for riding in front of monorail? Who do you ask? Are there CMs always at the monorail stops? I don't remember. Also, any idea how many can fit? We'll be 4 or 5 adults and 3 kids ages 9 & under.
Riding in the front is no longer allowed at WDW. There had been a tragic accident in 2009 and no one other than the Monorail Pilot is allowed in the front car.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #1992
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

You can ride in the front but only at Disneyland. Go to the front waiting area and ask. It may be restricted to four people (no strollers), but my memory is fuzzy.
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #1993
leannak
Mouseketeer

leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #1994
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ibis View Post
You can ride in the front but only at Disneyland. Go to the front waiting area and ask. It may be restricted to four people (no strollers), but my memory is fuzzy.
You're correct - only four people total at DLR.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #1995
BooCar3126
Dreams Really Do Come True

ahhh been there!

]~1989 Disney World ~1993 Disney World ~
~1999 Disney Cruise Line ~2010 Disney World ~
and soon to come 2013 Disney World!
BooCar3126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: