Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #1876
susanktz
Earning My Ears

Is there a way to export these threads into a Word or Excel file?
susanktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #1877
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I have been looking into a misting fan... I have read they leak. Did you use a regular fan or misting fan?
I have bought the 5 dollar ones from target in past years and have never had issues with them leaking. I wont go without the misting ones in that heat
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1878
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymama01 View Post

I have bought the 5 dollar ones from target in past years and have never had issues with them leaking. I wont go without the misting ones in that heat
I will check Target! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #1879
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymama01 View Post

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #1880
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I will check Target! Thanks!
I havent seen them yet at mine, I know walmart sells them too. Defiantly buy in advance they are $20 at the parks.... whoa
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #1881
Rozzy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Bringing a small fan to the parks....it was a GODsend last august!
I bought both misting fans and stroller fans on Amazon before we went to WDW in August 2009. There was just no better way to cool off for our whole family...even the babies! They were very reasonably priced if I remember, and it was great to be able to read the reviews of customer who bought/used them.

Rozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #1882
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanktz View Post
Is there a way to export these threads into a Word or Excel file?
The easiest way to do this is to Highlight the tips you want and then press [ctrl] c. Then open up a word document and prest [ctrl] v.

(Otherwise known as Copy and Paste)

Warning... You may have to mess around with formatting once its in word. If you go back a few pages (Can't remember which exactly) somebody recently compiled most of the still applicable tips into big chuncks easier to copy.

Hope this helps!
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #1883
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Ice water at the CS and snack shops in the parks. Water through the soda fountains tastes great, and since I drink water 90% of the time it's a big savings.

Breakfast in the room. I much prefer eating a small breakfast in the room (bagel and pb or protein bar) and heading straight to the parks. I gat a little more sleep time and save money as well.

Don't think that because you think you're a hotel snob you won't like Value or Mod. I like nice hotels/resorts, but I stay at my share of Hamptons or La Quintas, so I tried All stars, AoA, and PoFQ. I loved POFQ and while not my first choice I had no problem with ASMu. I now always look at all levels of stays and decide on which level meets my needs and wants the best.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1884
susanktz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
The easiest way to do this is to Highlight the tips you want and then press [ctrl] c. Then open up a word document and prest [ctrl] v.

(Otherwise known as Copy and Paste)

Warning... You may have to mess around with formatting once its in word. If you go back a few pages (Can't remember which exactly) somebody recently compiled most of the still applicable tips into big chuncks easier to copy.

Hope this helps!
Yeah, I've done this on some. But I was hoping for an export option. Oh well.... back to reading I go.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #1885
susanktz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
If you're staying club level then your packages will be put in your room, otherwise you have to pick them up at your resort's gift shop.
They also do this for POP (the only value resort they do this for). But I haven't been since AoA opened. Do they also deliver to AoA, or is it still only POP?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #1886
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Wink Disney Tips

Love all the tips! Just wanted to add a few more. Love Frog Toggs. Purchased mine at Walmart. They stay cool so much longer than any other item.

Be careful which cooling fans or misters you buy. I bought mine from Walmart and after using them only one day they broke. We ended up buying the ones sold in the parks and they were much better quality. Still working one year later and bringing them for our upcoming trip.

I agree ponchos are a must. I would not recommend the ones from the dollar store. As soon as we attempted to put them on, they tore. We purchased the ones in the park and again they were much better quality. Also, if on the plus side they fit better.

For, those who burn easy or are on medication which increases susceptibility to burn, I recommend bringing a hat. I ended up burning my scalp once in a water park and it was very painful, and I have a very thick hair. There also a sunscreen by banana boat for scalps, but not sure how it works.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #1887
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

They have great little battery-operated fans in the camping section at Target. Very powerful airflow, only about $3, and compact. Coleman brand. They last forever! I prefer them to misting fans when it's really humid.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #1888
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
They have great little battery-operated fans in the camping section at Target. Very powerful airflow, only about $3, and compact. Coleman brand. They last forever! I prefer them to misting fans when it's really humid.
Thanks for the tip about the fan. At three dollars, I will give them a try.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #1889
Kislaklan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaj1431 View Post

Thanks for the tip about the fan. At three dollars, I will give them a try.
I bought little battery operated fans at bjs this weekend - they had disney characters - toy story, cars, tinkerbell and the princesses- and they lite up. They were $3.50. Not a bad deal.
Kislaklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #1890
acc82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0408 View Post
Dining
  • You can order either the medium or the large drink on the plan at the counter service restaurants. They will not ask you if you want a large size drink, so make sure to tell them when you order.
THIS tip is priceless. my husband drinks a LOT of coke reguarly and even more when he's hot and thirsty. I had no clue that we could do this! will be asking from now on!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: