Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #1831
DisneyMagic3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz

I'm wondering this myself. Does anyone know what the minimum order amount is for garden grocer or other delivery services? We'd like to have some snacks and a case of water. We won't have a car, so stopping somewhere is not an option.
Garden grocers min order is 40$ and anything under 200$ has a 14$ delivery fee. Over 200$ and the fee is waived.
DisneyMagic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #1832
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

We sent water and coke ahead of time from Staples. It was free delivery and the package was waiting when we got there!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #1833
punky1973
Earning My Ears

Sorry
punky1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1834
angbuz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMagic3 View Post
Garden grocers min order is 40$ and anything under 200$ has a 14$ delivery fee. Over 200$ and the fee is waived.
Thanks!!!
August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
angbuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #1835
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWfamily
Best thread ever! I will try to add a few tips that are unique from our 10 day vacation at DW back in 2010. I sure learned a lot.

[*]Buy a fancy princess dress on Ebay or a costume store on line, and bring it to Bibity Bobbiti Boutique. My daughter had an extremely beautiful Belle dress that looked like it cost 100 dollars in the BBB store, it was 22.00 dollars on clearance at a costume retailer online.

[*]If you get mild nausea on rides like Soarin' or anything that moves like I do, including boats, monorail, even the Peter Pan ride, don't let it side track you. Use Sea-bands. You can buy them at Walgreens or CVS. Put them on your wrists BEFORE you take the bus or car to the parks and do not take them off. They have literally freed me to do almost any rides with zero nausea!

[*]If you can't get reservations at BBB, or you don't want to spend the $$, the barber shop on main street does a fabulous job on everyone's hair, the barbers are so friendly, there's sometimes a character there, and they will doll up your kids for the day for a fraction of the time and money.

[*]Probably been mentioned before, but on a hot day, Tom Sawyers Island is a great couples get away. It is so surreal to be almost alone on an island with thousands of bustling people in the park. The caves are dark and cool on hot days, and it's a great little place to get away from all the stimulation and just climb around and explore and take some really unique pictures of the Train roller coaster.

[*]If you have little ones, do not miss the Play and Dine Breakfast at Hollywood Studios. My kids danced their heads off for almost two hours and the food was amazing. If they are Little Einstein fans, this is for them... We then got to walk around the park and take amazing pictures on vacant streets before it opened. One of my favorite all time memories of Disney was that morning.
***Please tell me how to inquire about 'Play and Dine' at Hollywood Studios. When I search under dining on Disney site it doesn't come up for me?? Thanks for any info.
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #1836
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I think it is Hollywood and Vine!!
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #1837
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

One tip I read online was to book an early ADR at one of the theme parks. We booked a breakfast ADR at HS for 8:05 am, so we will already be in the park before rope drop. Sounds like a good idea!?!? We figure if we get finished at 9 am, we would at least have a little bit of a head start on the crowd by (I hope) being first in line for Toy Story Ride. Has anyone else done this and does it work?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1838
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
We sent water and coke ahead of time from Staples. It was free delivery and the package was waiting when we got there!
Tell me more about ordering from staples. Do you have to have a staples credit card? Did you order on line? How far in advance did you order the water in soda? Any information will be helpful.
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #1839
elittleton
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve View Post
Tell me more about ordering from staples. Do you have to have a staples credit card? Did you order on line? How far in advance did you order the water in soda? Any information will be helpful.
I didn't order from Staples but from Costo. With Costo you don't have to have a Costo card and you can use any credit card. I think I ordered our water about 1.5 week before leaving. I just went to their website and placed the order.
elittleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #1840
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdeve

Hey! Nope I used my regular visa debit card to order. I placed my order online. When I ordered, they had a promotion for free shipping with no minimum.

I ordered it like 12 days before but I got confirmation it was there like 2 days later. When we got to the resort, we went to the guest services desk and gave them our tracking number and they had it waiting!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #1841
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytutu View Post
Practical tips:
zip lock bags in every size for a variety of reasons--I used zip lock bags all over the place. I kept one in the diaper bag for dirty clothes, one in my fanny pack for items that I didn't want to get wet, I used them for groupling things together in luggage to make searches faster

brita fill n go--this saved us a bundle in money. Since they have been discontinued I need to go stock up on filters

fanny pack--yes, they are unattractive, but man, they are handy

buy small fan to use in parks before you go

head back to the resort in the afternoons

Magical tips:

Ride in the conductor's car of the monorail

Make breakfast PS times before MK opens (8:30)

Get a window seat while eating in the castle and an aquarium seat while eating at Coral Reef
who do you ask about riding in the conductor's car on the monorail?
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #1842
casanova5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurph
who do you ask about riding in the conductor's car on the monorail?
Its no longer allowed
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #1843
momtosam
Oh, Schmootsie-poo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetback View Post
Was this more cost efficient than having groceries delivered from a local store?
I never costed it out, so I don't know. I just liked knowing that I had the stuff the I wanted waiting there for me. I also throw in other things, too, like toothbrush holders from the Dollar Store and our toiletries (I get a better deal on full size products with coupons than on travel sizes).
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #1844
pmurph
Earning My Ears

oh ok thank you
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #1845
mndisneylovinmom
Earning My Ears

Here's a tip, I WISH some one had told me our first Disney trip.... Don't pack everything you read! Seriously.

about 2 months before our Disney vacation I would pick up 1 or 2 items at a time every time I was shopping. I had a wicker laundry basket half full,of little things! From flashlights, ponchos, pieces of table clothes ( I cut them in squares and used them to sit on during parades) every type of medicine that you could possibly imagine. You name it, we had it! I packed and brought all the stuff along. Very neatly organized in ziplock bags. The problem? We used about 5 things that I packed. Once we did the trip, I can really imagine needing some of what we brought. If you do, there's always first aid stations and stores!
What you need, and what are staples that I always bring now? Band aids, Neosporin, Tylenol, mole skins, sunscreen, spare zip lock baggies, ponchos, little tiny flashlight, pepto bismol tablets, and Dramamine. I also carried our penny pressing tube every day along with some other personal items too.
Of course, every one is different! But, not only did this stuff take up space on luggage and in my backpack or tote, but it's extra weight too to lug around all day. Just some friendly advice from someone who learned what you REALLY need, and what you DON'T.
mndisneylovinmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: