Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #1771
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer

WOW! WOW! Thank you so much for all the great tips...We leave in 10 days. Thanks again!!!!

Lisa
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #1772
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0408 View Post
Phew. Sorry it took me so long to get it posted, but these are tips I've collected for myself reading all these pages plus other threads and websites. Three months from today we leave for our Disney trip
You're amazing, Ashley! Thank you so much for compiling these lists. I'm trying to plan our first trip in 2014 and this makes life much, much easier.

I'd also like to thank everyone that has contributed to this.
pixi3ness is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #1773
dizzyblonde
Earning My Ears

@Ashley0408 - Those compilation lists are amazing - thanks for sharing!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #1774
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Phew. Sorry it took me so long to get it posted, but these are tips I've collected for myself reading all these pages plus other threads and websites. Three months from today we leave for our Disney trip
Ashley, thanks for putting this together. It's awesome!
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #1775
FlaNani
Mouseketeer

Dis Tip

The best $10 I have EVER spent at Disney was for a Balloon as soon as we walked in on the first day. I attached it to my granddaughter's stroller, and we NEVER had a problem finding it in the "stroller parking" areas, even if it had been moved!

FlaNani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #1776
Ashley0408
Earning My Ears

You're welcome everyone!! I seriously don't think I slept at all while reading through this entire thread and elsewhere and then I had to get this list compiled asap. I already have a copy printed for myself and is in my Disney Binder I hope those who are heading there before me can add to these tips for when we go in May

Me (26) Brenton (27) Matthew (5): Ryan (3):
Ashley0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #1777
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Thanks Ashley, your list is really appreciated.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #1778
WDWLover75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngal
I just want to know what kind of bag you all carry around at WDW? Some of these are really good ideas and i know that you will use them at some point, but even if you just pick and choose the ones you think will apply to you, it would be a lot to tote around. We are (hopefully) going to WDW for the first time this year (we've had 3 failed attempts). For example, i had read that, when riding the rides where you'll get wet, to bring everyone a pr of flip flops and a poncho. The poncho i might could see packing and not taking up a lot of room, they seem to get those suckers folded pretty small, but if we all took a pr of shoes, that would have to be a big bag lol. Please dont think im downing anyone by asking this, i am honestly curious!

Lisa
I actually take two bags. First I put on a very small Vera Bradley cross body. It is big enough for my camera, phone, ticket, a little cash, and a lipstick. I never take this off and can easily get almost everything I will need throughout the day. Then I have one of those string backpacks I put other stuff I might need through the day such as my guidebook, a hat, a sweatshirt. They hold more than you think they do and are very comfortable to pack. Plus they are easy on your back and take up nearly no space in your luggage.

I stay away from the water rides because I don't want to have to deal with being wet or preventing getting soaked. Hopefully you will get to take your trip this year. I think no matter what, bring ponchos, Florida weather is so unpredictable and they are quite a bit more expensive in the park.
WDWLover75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #1779
debjk4
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much Ashley0408! June will be our first trip and we need these tips!

I printed them out to read and highlight. This makes me even more excited for June to come!

Last edited by debjk4; 02-18-2013 at 07:46 PM.
debjk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #1780
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Magic Kingdom Tips
  • Harmony Barber Shop- Located on Main Street, you can go and have your baby's first haircut. Your package will even come with a pair of commemorative ears. You can also get a gel style for just $5 with mickey shaped confetti.
  • Head over to Tom Sawyer Island first thing in the morning. Cast members hide paint brushes throughout. If you can find one, your entire party will receive a FASTPASS.
Two things... I've heard that they don't do the paintbrushes at Tom Sawyer Island anymore and we did DD's first haircut and got the other kids' hair cut there. They had "pixie dust", but it wasn't Mickey-shaped
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #1781
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLover75

I actually take two bags. First I put on a very small Vera Bradley cross body. It is big enough for my camera, phone, ticket, a little cash, and a lipstick. I never take this off and can easily get almost everything I will need throughout the day. Then I have one of those string backpacks I put other stuff I might need through the day such as my guidebook, a hat, a sweatshirt. They hold more than you think they do and are very comfortable to pack. Plus they are easy on your back and take up nearly no space in your luggage.

I stay away from the water rides because I don't want to have to deal with being wet or preventing getting soaked. Hopefully you will get to take your trip this year. I think no matter what, bring ponchos, Florida weather is so unpredictable and they are quite a bit more expensive in the park.
After many trips, I have given up extra clothes / shoes for the convenience of not carrying anything. I wear a waist pack that is big enough for money, tickets, my phone, my camera, small sunscreen and a pack of wet wipes. The lip gloss goes in the pocket. My husband carries his money & tickets and the folded ponchos (.99 from WalMart so if we have to dump them we do). Of course my kids are older so that makes it easier to travel light! I always wear walking-type sandals, so if they get wet it isn't too tragic. If everyone really wants to ride Kali or go to the splash area, we do that last thing. We have souvenirs sent back to the room. Call me crazy but that's one of the things I love about a Disney vacay- nothing to tote around except my excitement!!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #1782
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey

After many trips, I have given up extra clothes / shoes for the convenience of not carrying anything. I wear a waist pack that is big enough for money, tickets, my phone, my camera, small sunscreen and a pack of wet wipes. The lip gloss goes in the pocket. My husband carries his money & tickets and the folded ponchos (.99 from WalMart so if we have to dump them we do). Of course my kids are older so that makes it easier to travel light! I always wear walking-type sandals, so if they get wet it isn't too tragic. If everyone really wants to ride Kali or go to the splash area, we do that last thing. We have souvenirs sent back to the room. Call me crazy but that's one of the things I love about a Disney vacay- nothing to tote around except my excitement!!
You have the saaaaame park packing strategy as I do Except i carry a small vera bradley saddlebag instead of waist pack
Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #1783
DreamfindingJordan
I'm Lumiere!

please... BRING EXTRA SOCKS TO THE PARK!!!!

If you get your shoes wet, and can't change them, wearing dry socks makes everything more comfortable and you won't even notice that your shoes are wet!

Also... Invest in good ponchos.

You won't be happy when you're soaking wet and walking off of Kali because your dollar store ponchos didn't work. I reccommend buying the Disney park's ponchos, they work really well and last for a long time.

Hoped a 13 year old expert's advice helped you guys!

Jordan
DreamfindingJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #1784
KittyyKattyy
**Mythical Beast**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfindingJordan View Post
please... BRING EXTRA SOCKS TO THE PARK!!!!
How could I not think of this!!

KittyyKattyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #1785
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

I always dress my 3 boys in the same color shirt...doesn't have to be the same shirt, just the same color. Looks nice for pictures, but if one wanders off, I can immediately remember what color shirt he has on, making it easier to find him.
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: