Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #1726
sb682
DIS Veteran

I love this thread! I've been to Disney many times but our first trip with our son is coming up very soon. I've gotten so many good ideas from all of you.

One of my favorite tips (so far): If you have a Target Red Card, buy Disney gift cards for your trip. They're sold at most of the registers and you'll get $100 to spend but only pay $95. Doesn't sound like much, but that's a free Dole Whip on Target! BJ's sells them as well, but the discount's not quite as good.

I've also been checking the Dollar Spot section for fun surprises to bring on our trip. DS is a huge fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates and they have tons of stickers, temporary tattoos, notebooks (perfect for autographs) and the little coloring sets in bags, all for $1 each. I think they also have Phineas & Ferb and Minnie's Bow-tique stuff right now.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #1727
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb682 View Post
I love this thread! I've been to Disney many times but our first trip with our son is coming up very soon. I've gotten so many good ideas from all of you.

One of my favorite tips (so far): If you have a Target Red Card, buy Disney gift cards for your trip. They're sold at most of the registers and you'll get $100 to spend but only pay $95. Doesn't sound like much, but that's a free Dole Whip on Target! BJ's sells them as well, but the discount's not quite as good.

I've also been checking the Dollar Spot section for fun surprises to bring on our trip. DS is a huge fan of Jake and the Neverland Pirates and they have tons of stickers, temporary tattoos, notebooks (perfect for autographs) and the little coloring sets in bags, all for $1 each. I think they also have Phineas & Ferb and Minnie's Bow-tique stuff right now.
The dollar spot at Target is also a really good place to pick up glow in the dark bracelets. You get 15 of them for $1.00. You can put them together to make necklaces or leave them as bracelets. Last time we went to Disney we gave them to the kids to wear when it got dark and used them to decorate the stroller. I always pick up 2 or 3 whenever I am in there and throw them in my set aside for Disney tote.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1728
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Packing outfits in ziploc bags. I have a lot of extra ziploc bags now, but I'll save them for the next trip. They came in handy quite often.

The hanging closet organizer was great, but we could have used two of them for our family of 6
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #1729
sb682
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
The dollar spot at Target is also a really good place to pick up glow in the dark bracelets. You get 15 of them for $1.00. You can put them together to make necklaces or leave them as bracelets. Last time we went to Disney we gave them to the kids to wear when it got dark and used them to decorate the stroller. I always pick up 2 or 3 whenever I am in there and throw them in my set aside for Disney tote.
I just realized that today! Threw a package in the cart when DS wasn't looking.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1730
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny

Why is it needed? I thought I read that there are mug wash stations at the soda area for the refillable mugs.
Yes, like disneymama said it's just a sink with no soap. Plus, we liked to get a drink in the evening and take it back to our room. Then you'll want to be able to wash the mugs before you go to sleep so you can use them in the morning, and I wouldn't have wanted to walk all the way back to the drink station at that point.

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #1731
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
Yes, like disneymama said it's just a sink with no soap. Plus, we liked to get a drink in the evening and take it back to our room. Then you'll want to be able to wash the mugs before you go to sleep so you can use them in the morning, and I wouldn't have wanted to walk all the way back to the drink station at that point.
That's a good point. It's one thing to rinse it between drinks but after sitting all night it would definitively would need soap! Thanks!
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #1732
Disneymama01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny

That's a good point. It's one thing to rinse it between drinks but after sitting all night it would definitively would need soap! Thanks!
I always found it easiest to bring my own dish soap and wash it in the room. Some morning there are big lines for that silly sink
Disneymama01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #1733
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Packing outfits in ziploc bags. I have a lot of extra ziploc bags now, but I'll save them for the next trip. They came in handy quite often.

The hanging closet organizer was great, but we could have used two of them for our family of 6
Are you using the 1 gallon or 2 gallon size?
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #1734
BrittanyGuest
Earning My Ears

Plan your trip for the next day by avoiding Disney magic hours that morning. Always so crowded.
BrittanyGuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #1735
BrittanyGuest
Earning My Ears

We also should have brought our swim suites. Didn't realize the pools are heated. It would have felt great after a long day.
BrittanyGuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #1736
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Callie View Post
Are you using the 1 gallon or 2 gallon size?
I used 1 gallon for the kids and 2 (I think) gallon for the adults. 1 gallon was fine for our almost 10 year old, but by the time we go back she might need the bigger bags, too. The adults might have been able to get away with 1 gallon if it was shorts weather.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #1737
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyGuest View Post
We also should have brought our swim suites. Didn't realize the pools are heated. It would have felt great after a long day.
We didn't use ours because we were exhausted by evening and it was chilly in the evening, but if we were going in one of the warmer months I'm sure we would have.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #1738
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymama01 View Post
I always found it easiest to bring my own dish soap and wash it in the room. Some morning there are big lines for that silly sink
Thank you. As someone who has never been, I would not have know about this.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #1739
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny View Post
I jot down the numbers on the cards so I can still claim them if lost. I never thought of the possibility of another guest using them, though!
Often the photographers will forget to hand back a card to the party in front of you....takes your photos and hands you back THEIR card. OOPS.

I always take a photograph with my camera (or cell phone) of the number on the back. That way if the card is lost or given away, lol....then I have the numbers and that is all you need to put in on the website to retrieve your photos.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #1740
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Another Photopass tip- keep your card on a lanyard or, if doing water parks, go early in your trip and be sure to get one of their wristband cards.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: