Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #1516
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Bring half the stuff and twice the money.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #1517
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

I was glad to hear about the fact you can leave your purchases for the cast members to bring back to your room.

Also here's a tip from me.
"Put the yellow disney resort stickers on your luggage the night before."

Check out my 2014 Pre-Trip Report
Wish It Was May

Check me out on Pinterest!
Luv0fDisney's Pinterest

Luv0fDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #1518
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
So true... No matter how much I budget I always find ways to exceed my planned expenses!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #1519
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Finally going back again

Bumping back onto this thread cause we are finally officially going back to Disney again!!

Used so many of the tips from this thread on my last trip in 2011. Some of my tips:

We brought a shower liner and just threw it in the bottom of the stroller, got caught in one of the quick, unexpected rain bursts so just took that out and threw it over the stroller and everyone dropped all the bags/purses/etc under the liner and everything stayed nice and dry. After the rain passed just rolled it up and put it in a large baggie and then when we got back to the resort hung it up to dry and it was ready to go the next day.

We also brought one of our soothing sounds clocks, the kids own pillows (with new Disney pillow cases of course) and their fleece blankets. When it was nap time (my son was only 3 on the last trip) I would just get him snuggled under his fleece and turn on one of the sounds on the clock and he would drop right off to sleep. Plus at night it was nice for the kids to both have their own comfy fleece blankets and pillows to sleep with and we all love the sound clock.

Brought my own tiny bottle of dawn dishwashing soap and a sponge - this worked out awesome to wash out sippy cups, the refillable mugs, etc. Also brought our own antibacterial bath and body works soap. The pump ones for easier hand washing. Not to mention the little antibacterial pocket pacs. This year they have the holders that you can attach to anything so they will be dangling from strollers and bags when we go back.

Keep the tips coming. Love this thread.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #1520
angelsmith52
Mouseketeer

This is a great thread! Thanks for all the great tips!

------------------------------------------------------
1977- first trip to Disney off property. Don't remember much except the sky buckets and NOT being able to ride Dumbo!!, 1985- All Star Music- went with a friend and her son, 2008- All Star Music-First Family trip, 2012- Art of Animation- SURPRISE Christmas Trip
angelsmith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #1521
SoontobMrsZ
Earning My Ears

Alright I need all the tips I can get...we are thinking about taking my DS in February and he'll be 16months..what are some things you did that worked and didn't work..
April 2003-Senior Trip-ASSp
June 2005-CBR
Jan 2007-POP
Jan 2009-Pop
Sept 2009-ASSp

May 2011- Stayed with Family in Kissimmee..Was pregnant with my DS
SoontobMrsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #1522
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobMrsZ
Alright I need all the tips I can get...we are thinking about taking my DS in February and he'll be 16months..what are some things you did that worked and didn't work..
Use the baby stations! They are cool, peaceful, and sell supplies if needed. Also take clear plastic bags for storage and supplies... We carried diapers, wipes, rags, and more wipes, etc in them and didn't feel bad about leaving them in the stroller while we went on attractions (much less tempting than a backpack or diaper bag). We also put smelly diapers in them and zipped them up before throwing them in a trash can (helps the smell for everyone else).

We took our youngest at about the same age and it was actually pretty easy...he loved the monorail, the train, the music, etc. and he sat in the stroller and ate lollipops all day. Probably not the best for his teeth but he loved it!

We found it was easier then that at 3 yrs when he had a strong opinion about everything! (Including which monorail he would ride based on the color!). No idea how much he remembers from way back, but he's still a Disney lover!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #1523
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

To avoid putting dish detergent in a 3oz bottle or less (for airline travel).... I've made my own dish detergent sheets-just squirt dish detergent on a good quality paper towel & let dry-then fold up & place in a zip-top bag.These are great for washing resort mugs.
One of the major dish detergent brands had a version of this on the market some years ago.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #1524
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengalB4
To avoid putting dish detergent in a 3oz bottle or less (for airline travel).... I've made my own dish detergent sheets-just squirt dish detergent on a good quality paper towel & let dry-then fold up & place in a zip-top bag.These are great for washing resort mugs.
One of the major dish detergent brands had a version of this on the market some years ago.
Now that's a great idea!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #1525
stindall
Congress Tart

I haven't done this yet but I've seen people suggesting taking a foldable water bottle to save space. They're smaller in general when filled but some you can roll up and clip. I know Vapur is a popular brand so I did a little price comparison. You can find Vapur bottles on Ebay for $2.75 INCLUDING shipping versus the cheapest vapur bottle for $15.24 INCLUDING shipping on the Vapur site. Then if you want the insulating, moisture wicking sweater for the bottle you can find it for $11.69 INCLUDING shipping versus $12.24 INCLUDING shipping. Ebay would be the way to go for either/both of these items but especially the actual bottle!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #1526
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Just bought a hanging shower mesh organizer from Dollar General. It has a clothes hanger type hook so you can hang it from the shower head, curtain rod, towel rod, etc. It has 6 pockets (2 in 3 rows). Paid $2.50

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Last edited by Zooshoveller; 10-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1527
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor
LOL - so very true!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #1528
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobMrsZ View Post
I took my DS when she was 16 months. We had a double stroller that she shared with her cousin who was 2 1/2. We had a sun curtain and we just put that down and she slept through some part of the parks. We also went back to the hotel in the afternoon to have nap time, or at least quiet down time if she was to excited to sleep. Overall I think she had a great time and it was pretty stress free!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1529
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
On a Friday night of the hardest week I have ever had in my life, I laughed out loud at this. Thx
MickeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #1530
royaltybuff
Earning My Ears

ADRs prior to a park opening to beat the crowds and obtain fast passes. Best advice ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraann View Post
Everyone had a first time for going to Disney. You remember, people heard that you were going, and lots of them gave you advice. Or perhaps, if your like me, you read everything that you could get your hands on. Well which items of advice did you listen to? Be it a practical one or a magical one. On my first trip with my 4 year old grandson, I am glad I listened when someone told me to ask to sit in the front of the monorail. We did that our first night on the way to Epcot and it was wonderful. Definitely do a character meal, I was advised. We did three, and they were all special in their own way. I also remembered hearing something about O'hana and dinner and fireworks. It was my birthday and we had spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney, which was a disaster. It was about 8 o'clock and we were back at our hotel, I was starved. We thought about room service. I remembered somewhere about asking for seating at O'hanas, you might be able to get in without a PS. It was not a busy season. We got seated, it was my birthday, I got serenaded to the tune of Hawaii 50. It was my 50th birthday. We saw the fireworks from the restaurant and it was all spur of the moment. I simply remembered, at the right time, of course, and my birthday was really magical. So you all have them. What is the one piece of advice you are glad you listened to? Practically or Magically?
royaltybuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: