Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
DAWGPOUNDAJ
If my fanfiction readers don't kill me first, you'll find me at WDW hiding out. (Shh...You won't tell them where I'm at will you?)

Question Honeymoon Pixie Dust?

I was curious, but how many of you have gotten pixie dust surprises while on your honeymoon? When we called Disney to make our honeymoon reservations we did it through the normal reservation department, not the honeymoon and wedding department. (We didn't know there was a seperate department.) The CM kept telling me that she was marking down that it was our honeymoon and I of course asked why they mark things like that on the reservations. She said sometimes you can get little surprises in your room or upgrades, little bits of pixie dust here and there if there is availability. I was just wondering how many of you have had some pixie dust done for you on your honeymoons at Disney and is there anything you can do to increase your chances of having it done?

I also hear SO much about the mickey and minnie bride and groom ears. My parents got them for my husband and I as a gag gift when they found out we were honeymooning in Disney, and I have "heard" that if you wear them around the parks pixie dust happens as well. Have any of you actually done that and wore those beanie bride and groom hats around the parks, and if you did was there pixie dust involved? And I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I swear our hats our kiddie sized! My head isn't large at all yet the little white mickey bride ears do NOT fit on my head! LOL Perhaps its my inflated ego from having DH around to compliment me so much now.

Also, did any of you mark down on your PS arrangements that it was your honeymoon? We didn't have that done and I'm wondering if we should call and have them note it.

Thanks so much in advance everyone!
Proud Disney Addicts with stays at all three of the All Stars, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, the Caribbean Beach, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. Our favorite is the Caribbean Beach so far!

May 2005 - Disney Honeymoon at the Caribbean Beach and the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!!!

DAWGPOUNDAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

We had our room upgraged at both the BWV and AKL. My DH had noted on our reservations that we were on our honeymoon. I think being upgraded is dependant upon the time of year you go, and how busy the hotel is. If you want a specific room view your best bet is to pay for it, its the only way to guarantee you'll get what you want.

At several restaurants we got free desserts. We had noted on our PS that it was our honeymoon, but more often than not it came up in conversation with our server. The best thing we got at a restaurant was at JIKO. The server gave us a Happy Honeymoon card from the restaurant staff and each of the staff members wrote their well wishes in their native languages. My DH still talks about that card.

We also wore the bride and groom hats just about everywhere! They made for the most magical part of our honeymoon. Everywhere we went we got congratulations from cast members and guests and I got to talk about my Disney wedding to people!

The best advice I can give is to not go expecting anything. Some couples have gotten great surprises and others have been given a simple congratulations. Just go and have fun. If the magic comes to you, that's great. But I know that some couples go expecting all this pixie dust and surprises to be showered upon them only to be greatly disappointed when nothing happens.

Congratulations and have a great time!
hmgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #3
Firefly Girl
Disney Wedding Princess

Here is another thread about honeymoon perks from just a few days ago.
Firefly Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
Cplofdisneynutz
Any excuse to go to Disney is a good enough reason for us!!

Glad someone else is in our shoes, here is our delima:

We booked our honeymoon through AAA (only because we got a better deal) and I"m not entirely positive the agent noted this, even though I asked her too. Should I call the resort we are staying and make sure they have it noted? We do plan on noting it on all of our PS.

Any tips or answers would be greatly appreciated

Our Son Elias Allen - born May 1, 2008
Cplofdisneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
DAWGPOUNDAJ
If my fanfiction readers don't kill me first, you'll find me at WDW hiding out. (Shh...You won't tell them where I'm at will you?)

Thank you all so much for the input on this! We already booked the rooms we wanted so even if offered an upgrade we wouldn't want it. At the AKL we want to be close to the animals so the only upgrade we could even get would be a deluxe which we do not want. I'm just psyched about having giraffes nearby!

We also aren't expecting anything or any pixie dust, I was just curious about if there was any truth to the pixie dust thing or not.

So has anyone else had this head problem? I swear I put that hat on and it sits on TOP of my head! I wind up looking like this! --> Sooo not good! I mean the thing fits my 4 year old cousin fine but me? LOL

I think well note that its our honeymon in our PS reservations as well. Thanks for the tip about Boma.
Proud Disney Addicts with stays at all three of the All Stars, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, the Caribbean Beach, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. Our favorite is the Caribbean Beach so far!

May 2005 - Disney Honeymoon at the Caribbean Beach and the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
DAWGPOUNDAJ

OMG!!!!!! I was wondering where my husband had run off to this morning and he just walked back in with a SPRAY PAINTED set of mickey mouse ears!!!! He knew how much I hated that evil, hair-messing up, making my head feel too big, hat we had, and spray painted a headband kind that I actually like completely white! And of course I had to be on disboards when he came in! WOOHOO! Victory is ours! Now to just attatch that little veil thing to it!

Me with super glue... NOT GOOD!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
JoD
WDW bride May 2, 2004

The brides hat is just supposed to sit on your head and you have to bobbypin it on. I have heard a lot of grooms saying the grooms hat is small. My DH didn't have a problem with his. We wore ours everywhere and it was fun to get congrats and special treats.
JoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
Kismetdreams
I'm going to break in the hot tub!
I really do believe everyone should follow their hearts

Well, realistically, both the bride beanie and the groom top hat are really made for children. Disney does have a pair of sequined headband ears, with a veil attached. They sell it in the same spots as the other hats.

20 March 2004
Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo & Ariel's
Kismetdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #9
Firefly Girl
Disney Wedding Princess

I just used bobby pins to get the ears to stay on. Very easy.

The headbands are really cute but you can't get those customized.
Firefly Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
ShellyShellfish
Wishing upon a star

I'm debating on getting the bridal headband and ears for my H2B and wearing them on the flight down too hahahhaa

8/1997 - CBR My first trip
3/2001 - offsite Spring Break
5/2005 - POFQ Honeymoon
1/2009 - ASMusic Little Man's first trip
12/2010 - POP Little Lady's first trip & Birthdaypalooza
11/2011 - ASMovies Birthdaypalooza 2.0
5/2012 - BC/5 night Bahamian on the Magic/AKL
10/2013 - AKL Kidani! Birthdaypalooza 3.0
11/2014 - ASSports Birthdaypalooza 4.0
ShellyShellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #11
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

You can customize the headbands... sort of. I glued rhinestones to my veil and added a silver ribbion to DH's hat. They stood out as a bit different. We didn't see the headbands there and even had CMs asking where we got it.

We did wear them everywhere, got tons of congrats, a few special treats here and there. But the most fun was all the little girls and their moms explaining that we just got married. Some just looked, others asked a million questions. It was great.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #12
ShellyShellfish
Wishing upon a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco
You can customize the headbands... sort of. I glued rhinestones to my veil and added a silver ribbion to DH's hat. They stood out as a bit different. We didn't see the headbands there and even had CMs asking where we got it.

We did wear them everywhere, got tons of congrats, a few special treats here and there. But the most fun was all the little girls and their moms explaining that we just got married. Some just looked, others asked a million questions. It was great.
yeah I found the website that has the headband/groom hat for sale, the headband was $30 and the groomshat was $15...I like the headband MUCH better than the normal bridal ears that were only $15, it's just girlier and sparkleyer (is that even a word?!)

5/2005 - POFQ Honeymoon
Old 03-22-2005, 10:41 PM   #13
Cplofdisneynutz
Any excuse to go to Disney is a good enough reason for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyShellfish
yeah I found the website that has the headband/groom hat for sale, the headband was $30 and the groomshat was $15...I like the headband MUCH better than the normal bridal ears that were only $15, it's just girlier and sparkleyer (is that even a word?!)
What website did you see it on? thanks

Our Son Elias Allen - born May 1, 2008
Cplofdisneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:47 PM   #14
ShellyShellfish
Wishing upon a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplofdisneynutz
What website did you see it on? thanks
ahh, I can't find hte link, I'll try and see if I can find it somewhere and post it, I need it too so I can actually order them already!

5/2005 - POFQ Honeymoon
Old 03-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #15
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the AKL for part of our honeymoon. We paid to stay concierge and everything was fabulous they ensured that we had the Savanna view.

On our first anniversary the AKL concierge staff called to wish us happy anniversary.
dallastxcpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: