Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
donnab2005
Mouseketeer

Where is a good place to buy postcards

We are going to WDW in July and I would love to know where is a good place to purchase post cards. I like to collect them of the things we do on vacation and the last time we went to WDW I had a difficult time finding them. So can you tell me where to buy disney post cards.

Thanks for the help.
Donna

donnab2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
3disAddicts
Mouseketeer

If memory serves me right, during our 2003 trip we went into a Downtown Disney store called Wonderful World of Memories. It's located next to the art store right down from the Rainforest Cafe. At that time you could buy and mail the postcards out with an authentic Disney postmark. It was of Tink. Really neat.
They had a little post office set up next to the cash registers. Worth checking into to see if they still do that.
3disAddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #3
mickeyholic
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, on our last trip, I bought a postcard in the gift shop of resort, they were able to supply me with a stamp and even had the mailbox for me to mail my postcard. However, they must not think to check it on a regular basis because I beat the postcard home nine days later.

2001 Port Orleans French Quarter
2003 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Port Orleans French Quarter
2007 Port Orleans Riverside
2009 Pop Century
2011 Old Key West
mickeyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
weregoingtodw
Save the cookies for the TF
He knocks my socks off
I'm a green freak myself
I was so excited that I couldn't type!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3disAddicts
If memory serves me right, during our 2003 trip we went into a Downtown Disney store called Wonderful World of Memories. It's located next to the art store right down from the Rainforest Cafe. At that time you could buy and mail the postcards out with an authentic Disney postmark. It was of Tink. Really neat.
They had a little post office set up next to the cash registers. Worth checking into to see if they still do that.
That's where we bought our postcards as well! Even better, they have the 'books' of postcards that are much more economical than the single postcards, so I was able to send quite a bit of magic to friends & family without breaking the bank... which I'd already done!
weregoingtodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Dh and I stayed at AKL last fall. After searching all over the place for postcards, I discovered that my resort had a better selection than the shops in the parks or at DTD. Go figure??
SqueakyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
weregoingtodw
Save the cookies for the TF
He knocks my socks off
I'm a green freak myself
I was so excited that I couldn't type!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyMouse
Dh and I stayed at AKL last fall. After searching all over the place for postcards, I discovered that my resort had a better selection than the shops in the parks or at DTD. Go figure??
We actually shopped in the AKL shops last year. They really have some great, high-quality merchandise! We'll definitely hit it again this year.
weregoingtodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Art of Disney at Epcot sells *beautiful* postcards. They're $1 each, but worth it!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
WDW Poly Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

On our last trip the same thing happened to us. We beat the post cards home and some people got them 2 weeks after we were home. Some co workers were upset with me cause they thought I slighted them. Their faces were red when the post card finally arrived. I bought mine from our resort and sent them off in the post box they proved, and my guess is it must not be checked that often.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
BATBkindagirl
#1 KEANE fan and YANKEES fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Poly Princess
Art of Disney at Epcot sells *beautiful* postcards. They're $1 each, but worth it!
Or at MGM Studios.. the lil art store near the Magic of Disney Animation is wonderful.. I love it! The postcards are beautiful. I haven't been to the one in Epcot because my family didn't wanna go..

I HEART DISNEY!!

14 years old and loving Disney till I die

Year #2 With annual passes

BATBkindagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: