Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyforDisney3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 2,018

Magica Express Package

I called two weeks ago to add magical express to my reservation, gave the CM all of our flight information and I still have not received anything in the mail. I thought we would get the luggage tags and everything by now. Also, when I check our reservation online, it has a statement about changing the flight info online, but I do not see any place to do so. Anyone know if this is something that I should be able to view online as part of my reservation?
GoofyforDisney3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3
I called two weeks ago to add magical express to my reservation, gave the CM all of our flight information and I still have not received anything in the mail. I thought we would get the luggage tags and everything by now.
From the Meeting Planner FAQ:
Q: When will Guests receive their Airport Transportation Booklets with luggage tags?

A: The booklet will be mailed approximately 21 days prior to arrival.
I think it's safe to say that nobody has received their Airport Transportation Booklets with luggage tags yet. People with Magical Express reservations for May 5 could start to check their mailboxes around the middle of April.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyforDisney3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 2,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar
From the Meeting Planner FAQ:
Q: When will Guests receive their Airport Transportation Booklets with luggage tags?

A: The booklet will be mailed approximately 21 days prior to arrival.
I think it's safe to say that nobody has received their Airport Transportation Booklets with luggage tags yet. People with Magical Express reservations for May 5 could start to check their mailboxes around the middle of April.
Thanks for letting me know when I should maybe expect the package. The CM didn't give me a time frame as to when we would receive the tags and since we leave on May 6 I kind of feel like a guinea pig for the new service.

Do you (or anyone else) know if you should be able to see the flight information online? My flight has been changed twice already and I am afraid it will change again and I'll need to update it, but I do not see any options to do so.
GoofyforDisney3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyforDisney3
Do you (or anyone else) know if you should be able to see the flight information online? My flight has been changed twice already and I am afraid it will change again and I'll need to update it, but I do not see any options to do so.
When I booked Magical Express, the CM only wanted my airline and flight numbers. She said that airlines tend to adjust flight times, but that flight numbers tend to stay the same, and that Disney would check the flight times. I pointed out that I've often had the opposite happen -- the airline would change the flight number, even though the time was essentially the same.

Most airlines will let you view your reservation online, if your reservation has your frequent flyer number and you've registered for the airline's site. Otherwise, you can call the airline.

It would be a good idea to check your flights a month before your vacation, and to notify Disney if your flight numbers have changed. Then, also check your Magical Express travel booklet when it arrives.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #5
GoofyforDisney3
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyforDisney3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 2,018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar
When I booked Magical Express, the CM only wanted my airline and flight numbers. She said that airlines tend to adjust flight times, but that flight numbers tend to stay the same, and that Disney would check the flight times. I pointed out that I've often had the opposite happen -- the airline would change the flight number, even though the time was essentially the same.

Most airlines will let you view your reservation online, if your reservation has your frequent flyer number and you've registered for the airline's site. Otherwise, you can call the airline.

It would be a good idea to check your flights a month before your vacation, and to notify Disney if your flight numbers have changed. Then, also check your Magical Express travel booklet when it arrives.
Thanks Horace, I know what you mean about the flight numbers being changed. I keep an eye on my flight info on the airlines web site and I see that there is another change (this makes a total of 3 changes so far) and they have change both the flight numbers for the flight down and the return flight plus time changes. What I need to know is how to update the flight informaton on Disney.com? the Disney site says you can update the flight info, but I can not see a place to do so. I just hate making phone calls when I don't have to.
GoofyforDisney3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
purplevalentine
"If Woody would of went straight to the police then none of this would've never happened!"
 
purplevalentine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mount Rainier, MD by way of Jackson, NJ
Posts: 290

You can add your flight info online with your confirmation number on disney.com. It will be in your reservations area. There is an area that gives you Ground Transportation info. There should be a button to click to add/alter your information. Although I've been trying to add my info today and have been having problems.
purplevalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW!! Disney Magical Express Check IN Pigsty333 UK Trip Planning Forum 13 08-16-2007 04:17 PM
Disney Will Begin Transportation From Airport Kourtnie Transportation 40 04-22-2005 12:49 PM
Disney Airport Transportation WOW Transportation 5 02-12-2005 08:37 PM
New "Hassle-Free" Transportation Thing BeckWhy Transportation 7 02-05-2005 01:53 PM
NEW! Disney's Magical Express Check in Pigsty333 Completed Trip Reports 0 12-29-2004 11:29 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.