Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Lynn CC
DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISer that realizes that there may be MORE than one TF!
If she can't be on a boat, wants to be at Disney World!

How is the food at your school?

Are you on a plan? What's your favorite and how is the selection?
Thanks for the info!
Lynn CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

It is OK

I go to Hollins University and the food is OK. Our meal plan is better than most colleges. We get 19 meals a week in our dinnnig hall.
Stitch_lover_Sith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
SDAngel101
Im the Dancin' QUEEN!!
Ill be the #1 poster one day!
Late night DISer. ;-)
Can put milk in my nose and make it come out my eye

Location: I wish they all could be California girls.. Born and raised in Sunny San Diego!

We have the 2nd best cafeterias in the Cal State schools sooo I guess it is pretty well. I am on the 14 meal plan because I don't need(or even eat) 3 meals a day. We have a wide variety from hot food, soups, grilled food, mexican food, salad and fruit bars, sandwiches and pizzas. There is so much more then this but its the majority.

19 years young!

**Jules + Marissa + Maggie = Leaders of the Rebel Trio**

Zeta Tau Alpha... Only the BEST get crowned \^^^/
SDAngel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

We don't have a set number of meals but instead a declining balance per semester. The meal card is also good at the little convience store in our student Center. We have Chik Fil A, a sushi place, an Italian place, a stir fry/asian place, Wendy's, Papa John's, Subway, and a couple great sandwich/panini places. It can also be used in the library for coffee, pastries, frappachinos and such.
Soccer Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Well, let's just say there's not a whole lot of variety in my dorm. Some things are better than others, but it's nothing special.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
Lynn CC
DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISer that realizes that there may be MORE than one TF!
If she can't be on a boat, wants to be at Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess
We don't have a set number of meals but instead a declining balance per semester. The meal card is also good at the little convience store in our student Center. We have Chik Fil A, a sushi place, an Italian place, a stir fry/asian place, Wendy's, Papa John's, Subway, and a couple great sandwich/panini places. It can also be used in the library for coffee, pastries, frappachinos and such.
Sounds Great! That's got to be the best variety I've ever heard about!
Lynn CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #7
Megster
Mouseketeer
Missed all the good stuff while pretending to watch Extreme Home Makeover when the Tag Fairy knows she was just checking out Ty

UNH has 3 dining halls, which are pretty good. Tons of variety (deli, salad bar, stir-fry, fried stuff like chicken and fries, plus a rotating European section). Plus theres a cafe called Panache, a sub place (just like subway). We have a coffee office, taco bell, another sub place, smoothies. We have basically EVERYTHING.
As for meal plans, we have 3 levels. Each has unlimited meals in any of the dining halls. The main difference is how many guest passes you can get, and how many dining dollars. Dining dollars can be used at any of the other places, besides the dining halls. Its nice to have because youd on't have to carry around cash, you can just swipe your student ID.

I like UNH because you don't have to worry about how many meals, or a balance. Plus the quality and variety of food is great.

"I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best."
-Marilyn Monroe

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
-Hermann Goering, Nazi leader, at the Nuremberg Trials, April 18, 1946
Megster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #8
PigSoldier
to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free

This thread brings back terrible memories of queuing for an hour, before getting my soggy/greasy/stale slop. The food wasn't too great last year - a lot of junk food, not much selection (especially for vegetarians), and fries with everything.

Thank goodness I'm in a house this year, and I can cook all my own food!

PigSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
T-CoTink411
Mouseketeer

We have four different meal plan options to choose from. I'm on a block plan with 125 meals for the semester. That means I can eat in the cafeteria as often as I'd like (or I could even swipe people in). I think it works out to be around 2 meals per day.. or less. This plan works perfectly for me because while I don't hate the food in the dorms, it's definitely easy to get sick of.

Been There, Done That.......... Going Back!!
T-CoTink411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #10
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CoTink411
We have four different meal plan options to choose from. I'm on a block plan with 125 meals for the semester. That means I can eat in the cafeteria as often as I'd like (or I could even swipe people in). I think it works out to be around 2 meals per day.. or less. This plan works perfectly for me because while I don't hate the food in the dorms, it's definitely easy to get sick of.
I'm on the same plan, and I totally agree about it being easy to get sick of the food!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #11
musicalSaranader
I cut off 16 inches of my hair for Locks of Love
Come on, SSB, you can donate too!

At Towson U, the food could be worse, but it could be better, too. It needs more variety; it's the same stuff every day.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #12
WDWfanatic288
Is now a card carrying member of the Tag Fairy Duct Tape Patrol
I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU ARE THE BEST!
MARLON is the man!!!!

the food here is alright. some nights in the dining halls are better than others. we have different options but i have 135 meals a semester with 270 dining dollars(which you could use at like chick fil a,subway, and other places like that) and it's sooo hard to use up all the plan. last semester i got no where close to finishing it off but my goal is to finish it this semester..lol.

WDWfanatic288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:18 PM   #13
princessm12
*Fairest of them All*

In a word, EXCELLENT! Emmanuel College has the best food around. We have a retired pastry chef making our desserts!
princessm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 PM   #14
Evil Princess
I'm going through coaster withdrawl
I am, afterall, a Princess
Please don't eat ketchup near me
Has hots for Uncle Kyle

Location: Boston by location, Long Islander with all my heart and soul!!! Don't let my current address fool you, I'm still in a New York state of mind!

Our college is catered by the same company who did the Atlanta Olympics. We have two huge cafeterias (with flat screen TVs, not that those are really relevant lol), brick oven pizza, stir fry, a cheese and bread bar, salad bar, waffle stations, grill (burgers, hotdogs, chicken)...well, everything you could imagine.

We could use our dining dollars at everything else on campus: Dunkin Donuts, Mando Subs, The Wrap, Qdoba, Au Bon Pain, Wendys, Pizza Hut, some indian place, Chicken Barn...I think that's it? lol

Dining dollars are also accepted at every place to eat around campus (Uno's, Chillis, Mcdonalds, Burger King, etc).

My food is much better than those of my friends colleges, lol.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #15
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

Food Sucks

The food at my school is getting steadly worse. Oh what can I do. The dinning services people are thinking about changing the meal plan so that we can use our cards towards food in the RAT. Our snack bar that does not suck. I am not sure if this will ever happen but for right now I am living on a diet of ramen, cereal, and dunkaroo's.

But other than that food is OK. Weekends are the worst time to try to eat in the dinnig hall. They only make one dish and have a sandwitch bar, salad bar and cereal bar. Not much food for about one thousand students.

I am signed up to do the Disney Half Marithon.
Stitch_lover_Sith is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: