Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
x96oun
Earning My Ears

The Big Pineapple Hotel???

Has anyone stayed at the Doubletree Suites Lake Beuna Vista? We have read both good and bad reviews of this property (the very few there are). But would like to hear from people on these boards.
x96oun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
RC Fan
DIS Veteran

By the sounds of it, perhaps you are interested in the Doubletree Club, not the Doubletree Guest Suites? I have heard it(The Doubletree Club) referred to as 'The Pineapple Hotel'. If you are interested in the Doubletree Club, it gets decent reviews and can be had through Hotwire for $44/night.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
stal
DIS Veteran

Checkout tripadvisor.com It is getting good reviews there - an average rating of 4 out of 5.
stal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
x96oun
Earning My Ears

Thats good news to read. You are right I am not looking at the Doubletree Suites. There are just so many to keep straight. We did get the hotel for $38 a night on hotwire a few months back. Guess it does not matter if the hotel was crap with hotwire we can not get any refund anyways
Old 02-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
CPM
Stands up in the Spider-Man ride for a better view
Universal Orlando onsite resorts expert

I've stayed there several times. Rooms are clean, big & bright. Great lobby. Has a business center a small bar & lounge, and an Au Bob Pain, which is great for breakfast. Staff friendly and helpful.
Nice & close to WDW too.
They have kid's suites which are very cute too.
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
vmkids
Mouseketeer

I have seen this one on Skyauction too. Can a family of five stay there or is 4 the limit? Wondered about the size of the rooms. Is there any chance of a small fridge?

Thanx

Cypress Pointe Grand Villas May 5/05.05
Cypress Pointe Grand Villas Dec 2004 :thewave:
Cypress pointe grand villas Sept 2004
CYPRESS Pointe Grand Villas June 2004
Vistana Village 2002
HIFS 2001
vmkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #7
TINK61
I need a vacation to rest from my vacation
WILL WORK FOR TAGS
Solemnly vows never to reuse a refillable mug, put 5 in a room at the All Stars or pool hop!

What about a swimming pool? Do they have one? I seem to remember something about their guests using the Sheraton Safari pool.

1973 - offsite campground w/folks
1977 - offsite campground w/folks
1989 - Carribean Beach Resort
1993 - Cocoa Beach (bro's house)
2001 - Grosvenor Resort
2002 - All Star Music
2003 - Royal Pacific Resort
2005 - Christmas at WDW
TINK61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
CPM
Stands up in the Spider-Man ride for a better view
Universal Orlando onsite resorts expert

They have a swimming pool. The kid's suites have a king bed, then a large partition with a bunk bed and a twin bed in it witha separate TV, plenty of room for 5. Our rooms have always had a fridge in it.
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:16 PM   #9
x96oun
Earning My Ears

SkyAuctions....not that great!!

I would suggest not to book through SkyAuction. This is the reason for not booking this hotel through them. There is a current bid of $16/night which may seem good. There is also a $32/night taxes on top of this fee and a $20 a night fee for peak season which goes until the end of May. So all of a sudden you are looking at Minimum $48, or $68 peak season for a room. There are also upgrade fee's for a family suite. You can book a King size room on hotwire (which we did) for $40 or so a night with a lot less taxes. This auction still has a day to go so the price will probably even go higher than the current $16.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #10
aimeeme
Earning My Ears

I stayed there about 5 years ago and at the time I thought it was a nice hotel for the money. We had a kid suite(bunk bed) with a king bed and did also have a micro. I thought the decor was fun(in the room) and my son loved having his own private little area. If I remember right they had Playstation & TV in the separate kidsuite bunk area... I also remember Disney Channel too. From the outside its a bit deceiving....very bright and kinda tacky looking. But nice inside. There was a little restaurant in the lobby area and a lounge as well. The pool wasnt huge but was fine and there was also a round shallow pool for little ones. All in all I liked the place and would stay there again.
aimeeme is offline   Reply With Quote