Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
FayeW
DIS Veteran

Timeshare Guy Hung Up On Me! (Long!)

So yesterday I got the pre-recorded message "Congratulations, your family has been selected for a free vacation offer", and because I am desperately trying to get to Orlando for March Break, I "pressed 7 to speak to a representative". Of course I knew my "free" vacation was going to cost money and require a timeshare tour, but I wanted to see what the deal was. It had the standard, 3days/4nights in Orlando, a few days in Daytona, and a few more days in either Las Vegas or Williamsburg. The "free" vacation was 4 day/3 night cruise for 3 to Cozumel. So I speak to a vacation planner and told them flat out that I wasn't interested in a cruise, Las Vegas, or Williamsburg. I wanted 7 days in Orlando, that's it. He told me he would give me the 3d/4 n that was originally offered, the Daytona offer, and then an additional 7 day bonus trip to Orlando, but I couldn't book them consecutively, and I had to do the 3 night trip first ( because they don't do the timeshare tours on the 7 day trips. ***??) It also included (2) 2 day/2 park tickets to Universal (Our favourite!)

Then I asked him what properties he has available. He said "some one bedrooms, some two bedrooms". I said "No, I mean what are the NAMES of the properties we can stay in?" He named Vacation Villas, and I asked if it was Vacation Villas at Palm Parkway, and said they get good reviews. I told him that we were actually considering a time share, and would be interested in viewing the properties. I told him that we had been doing our research and asked more questions and he said "This is the deal I'm offering you, if you don't want it, I'll give it to someone else!" ( don't know why he said that, because I was asking questions because I was interested.). So, he irritated me and I said "You know what, I think we will pass on your generous offer at this time". He said " I knew you were never going to buy anything, you are too smart, but you're planning on buying a timeshare so how smart is THAT!" and HUNG UP ON ME!! He represented a company called Kings's Creek ( I think, he had a heavy accent so I can't be sure.)

My husband is getting a really big kick out of a telemarketer hanging up on ME for a change.
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Ted and Holly
This login is used by Ted only, please refer to JustHolly for her posts.

I often get "Congratualtions Central Florida Resident" calls on my cell phone all the time. No regards to time of day and no caller ID. They make you hit '1' is you are interested and you have to leave your name and number and they call you back, whenever.

This type of telemarketing company is complete scum. They are in violation of FTC regulations. The thing is, the way they do it, it is very hard to identify who they are.

My advice, if you are going to give someone the business and the commission on a pretty hefty price, you need to be completely happy and confortable with the whole process.

Ted