Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #16
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

i think there is a cab stand - but be carefully - some of the unmarked cabs are big rip offs.

however your sons should know where they are going - the fare shouldn't be but around $10 - Sheraton Vistana is only a couple of miles from DD.

be sure that your sons have their ID with them - the security guards won't let the taxis in without someone in the car having a Sheraton Vistana ID...

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #17
pamlet
DIS Veteran

Wow - I am REALLY feeling much better! Thank you again for all these wonderful tips! ... and the congrats on the anniversary.. 25 years REALLY goes by fast... and it keeps getting faster!
pamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #18
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

This is a fabulous resort--you will not be missing out on any "magic" at all! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous--ponds with fountains, lush greenery, quiet walking paths, a wonderful screened porch to enjoy it all. It could be very romantic. (Way more romantic than sharing one room with two grown boys!!! LOL)

There are a zillion pools--okay, 7, but it seems like a zillion--a cute little general store, some quite decent onsite eating places--the pool bar in Cascades makes a great daquiri (sp?)--they have surrey bikes you can rent to tool around the resort for fun, and the location is excellent. We actually never go through DTD to get to the parks though, we turn right out of the resort, right onto the next highway and then follow the signs. Seems faster to us--maybe it's not.

Across the way from the resort there is a premium outlets mall and sort of on the other side of that is a really nice Publix so you can stock up on at least bottled water, pop, breakfast stuff and whatever else you need. We have found the prices pretty comparable to home. (Except fruit and that is WAY cheaper in FL than MN. No surprise there!)

Have a wonderful time--after staying at the Vistana, anywhere else is not even comparable in my opinion. And yes, we have stayed onsite at the Poly in fact and we like Vistana way better!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #19
pamlet
DIS Veteran

You are so right having 2 "almost grown" boys in one room... laugh...

My oldest one confided he had the "heebie jeebies" about just having one room over our anniversary... laugh...

It's funny you mentioned the Poly - it's the place I've always wanted to stay - but I honestly cannot justify the cost. I know for some it's their vacation and that's how they choose to spend their money - but I look at the money and think of all the ways I can spend it on "home improvement" or new furniture...

Publix is a nice grocery store it's good to know there is one near by. DH is a huge breakfast eater - fixes himself an omlet or breakfast taco every morning. I'm NOT a breakfast eater ... pastries are more my speed.. laugh.. so I imagine I'll be hunting down the bakeries at DW and taking things "home" for the next morning. Another thought - I'll actually be able to freeze some water bottles to take into the parks!! Gotta stay hydrated!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:06 AM   #20
Big V
DIS Meet Veteran!
Has a heart the size of Texas, even if he is from Wisconsin!

Happy 25th to you and your DH! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! We were a little ways down on International Drive and the drive to the parks is so easy from there!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #21
pamlet
DIS Veteran

Thanks Scott!

We went to Disney with my folks the first Christmas we were married ... and it was FREEZING.. laugh! I'm thinking the weather will be nicer this time around!