Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
stal
DIS Veteran

Help and advice on what to do!

Hi, i probably will be visiting on Sunday 4th September to Friday 9th September.

Now i am not sure what i should do. I would really like to stay at one of the downtown disney resorts. The grosvenor resort and Holiday Inn are at the uppermost limit of my budget - $70 a night. Plus the Holiday inn is having a complete renovation, opening in the summer having been closed since sept, so it could feel like a new hotel!

Anyway my next option is to use Hotwire. I can get the Doubletree Club hotel (the bright painted one outside DTD) and that is $44 a night through hotwire.

Next option is Priceline. If i go this option i will bid 3* in the WDW area. If i do this the hotels that could come up are:
Buena Vista Suites
The Grosvenor
Hyatt Orlando
Radisson Resort Worldgate
Sheraton Safari
Doubletree Resort Orlando-Villas at Maingate
Hotel Royal Plaza
Radisson Resort Parkway
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
Holiday Inn Family Suites

Now the Best Western inside WDW and the Sheraton safari often come up for $40ish. I would be happy with any of them for about $40ish.

So those are my options - Holiday Inn in WDW for $70 p/night, Doubletree Club hotel thru hotwire for $44, or one of the Priceline hotels for $40.

Obviously i would like the cheapest option, but what do you all recommend?

Thanks.

(oh, a few days ago i won 4 nights at the San Francisco Hyatt Regency for $77 a night for before the orlando part of our trip through priceline.... good value considering the cheapest thru the website was about $250 a night. So i know that priceline has good value discount!)

Last edited by stal; 02-16-2005 at 10:45 AM.
stal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

can you wait?

I am expecting WDW to give some good discount this Sept.

remember last Sept all the hurricanes hit in Sept - very bad for business - not to mention their employees....

Anyway because of this I am expecting some of the best discount this Sept - you might be able to get a value resort for $55 to $59 and stay on WDW property with all the benefits.

it is too early to do hotwire or priceline. prices will be a better bargin closer to when you leave.

Sept and Jan are probably the slowest time - so you can wait.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
stal
DIS Veteran

Hi,

we don't really want to be in a disney resort this time because we will probably spend 2 days at most in the parks this trip.

So i'm wondering if i should still go ahead and book something now, because surely there won't be any hotels for $40, even with discounts?

Oh... and do you know when the September discounts (for disney and non disney hotels) are released.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #4
Mudd77
Mouseketeer

If you do not have to stay on Disney property I would use SkyAuction. Currently under the Ready Set Go (RSG) inventory there are several very nice timeshare resorts for the dates you listed. The only downside is that once you win the auction and finalize your reservation you cannot cancel it. The upside is you will be staying at a very nice resort for the same price you would pay for your standard hotel. The average winning bid for a RSG is around $50-60. Add the tax ($195) and processing fee of ($15) and you will be getting a 7-night stay for about $260. You can’t beat that. I have used SkyAuction twice now and they are great.

Feb 2001 - HIFS, May 2002 - HIFS, May 2003 - HIFS, May 2004 - Windsor Palms Resort, Oct 2004 - Sheraton's Vistana Resort, Feb 2005 - Vacation Village at Parkway, Sep 2005 - Cypress Pointe, May 2006 - Windsor Hills Resort, Dec 2006 - Celebration World Resort, Dec 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort, May 2009 - Silver Lake/Silver Points, June 2010 - Royal Pacific Resort, August 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort, August 2012 - Royal Pacific Resort
Mudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

yes - I agreed - if you don't want a Disney resorts - then definitely go with skyauction - try to find a timeshare that is a resort - so there will be more to do on your off days.

again the closer to your time the greater the selection and the less the cost.

I am expecting across the boards discount in everything in Kissimmee and WDW -

remember that last year alot of people say that they would NEVER go in Sept again.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
stal
DIS Veteran

Hi, i am a bit weary of using Sky Auction because i won a hotel thru it for New York, and 30 days before i was due to travel they said they couldn't fulfil my auction. By that time it was very hard to find a hotel due to conventions.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

okay go with II site

www.condodirect.com

this is not an audition - so they are guaranteed - again wait - 60 days before sometimes the prices are lowered and there is generally more selection

but if you still want a hotel
www.hotelkingdom.com
www.hotelmartusa.com

Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
Mudd77
Mouseketeer

Sorry you had a bad experience with SkyAuction. There are many people on here that have used them with success. For Ready Set Go auctions you can actually go in the inventory and reserve the unit you want before you win the auction. Once you have won the auction they will then e-mail you within 24 hrs. with the confirmation. I can understand your hesitance though. If I got burned my first time I probably would have never used them again. But with the date being so far out and with the amount of resorts already available for the time period it should be a pretty safe bet they can get you what you want. Remember these are the RSG auctions not the Bid per Night.

Feb 2001 - HIFS, May 2002 - HIFS, May 2003 - HIFS, May 2004 - Windsor Palms Resort, Oct 2004 - Sheraton's Vistana Resort, Feb 2005 - Vacation Village at Parkway, Sep 2005 - Cypress Pointe, May 2006 - Windsor Hills Resort, Dec 2006 - Celebration World Resort, Dec 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort, May 2009 - Silver Lake/Silver Points, June 2010 - Royal Pacific Resort, August 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort, August 2012 - Royal Pacific Resort
Mudd77 is offline   Reply With Quote