Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
kathbuet1
Earning My Ears

Are there any places to eat that is not Disney related?

Are there any chain restaurants nearby? Like subway, burker king etc? I am fortunate enough that my mother is paying for the whole trip for the whole family (10 of us) but I'm trying to save her some money on the food aspect. I can't see her paying 20-25 dollars for 10 of us (almost $500.00 total) for one meal.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

you have a car or a van right -

then yes US 192 Kissimmee has just about every chain restuarant there is - Denny's, Burger King, MacDonalds, Wendy's, Chicken, Shoney's, etc...

lots of places. be careful - some of the restuarants will cost you more than WDW....

on site at WDW are 3 Macdonalds - one is over close to the All Stars - another is in Crossroads, the third is in DD. they cost a little more than off site Macdonalds but not greatly - especially the one at All stars.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
doubletrouble_vb
Inspired

There are restaurants all over the place. But for a decent but cheap meal I'd recommend the Golden Corral. Cost is about $12 including bev for an adult. It's an all you can eat buffet. I last went to the restaurant on the corner of 192 and Entry Point/Sherburne Rd. This restaurant is a test restaurant for Golden Corral so the food quality was good. I believe the price drops if you go between 2pm and 4pm.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
disneymom3
I think I could adjust!!
Owns a S'mores maker .... yum
I have declared a moratorium on the food/kid appliances

Hi and welcome to the DIS!!

As the others have said, basically anything you want, you can get in the area. Just wanted to add that in the entryway of most restuarants and the grocery stores, you can get local coupon/flyer type magazines that always have coupons in them--maybe 50cents off for each buffet or 10% off your total bill, a free beverage, or what have you. Another option is to look into an Orlando Entertainment book. Not sure how good that would be for such a large group though.

Also, consider having breakfast in your rooms--poptarts, muffins, cereal or whatever. That will save your mom a bundle!! Are you staying onsite or off?

Check out the budget board on here to find some other money saving ideas.

ETA: by the way, your math is a little faulty--10 people at $25 is $250, not $500. LOL. Still a LOT of money, but not quite as bad!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
ChristmasElf
Will be packing TP in her purse if Sheryl Crow gets her way!

Heading down Hotel Plaza Blvd to SR 535 turn left on 535 and you will see Pizza Hut, Dennys, further down on the left will be Chili's. There is also an Orlando Ale House that has great food and very reasonable prices.

If you were to turn right on 535, go under the I -4 overpass and you will see Bahama Breeze just next to the Golden Corral. This street is named Vineland there is a fairly new Publix down near the Outlet Mall. They have the best subs!! They also sell rotisserie chicken in the deli that is delicious.

If you don't mind touring around a bit you will see that every food chain is covered here! Just try to stay away from I drive (International Drive) this area is all touristy traps and the prices will be higher. If you are willing to hop on the 417 for example, take it to Orange Blossom Trail exit and there is a Cracker Barrel, TGIFridays, SuperTarget, Albertsons, Ruby Tuesdays,ChikFilet, Waffle House, Home Depot (in case you want to renovate your room LOL)
By the way, the OBT exit is just about a 10 minute drive from DD is all. Okay maybe 12 minutes depending on who is driving! The prices at these chains are pretty much equal to what you would find anywhere.

If you want to know where a specific place (chain) is just let me know, I will be happy to help.

ChristmasElf is offline   Reply With Quote