Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
jordgubben
Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off with her husband

Disposable Underwater Camera Alternative - Aquapac

So the original plan was to buy a bunch of disposable underwater camera but now there seams to be another option. Last night while looking up waterproof pouches for money and passports I stumbled on this thing called Aquapac. They come in all shapes and sizes and they even have ones that are special made for cameras (digital or otherwise) which have photo clear plastic so that you can use your regular camera underwater! Heck even if you are a little wary about actually submerging the camera I know that I am normally hesitant to even touch my camera at the beach because my hands are wet or sandy and this would solve that problem.

I just purchased an Aquapac for our digital camera and a Whanganui Belt case (also by Aquapac) for money, cards and passports. DH will be able to put the belt case in one of his velcro swimsuit pockets (gotta love the cargo style swimsuit) so that we don't have to leave stuff on the beach.

In case you want to see if this type of thing fits your needs the site is: http://www.aquapac.net/

I actually ended up not buying the things directly from Aquapac because their ordering site was not secure. But… this site is: www.waterproofcases.net
Old 02-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
DCLgodess
The FBI does not exist solely to piss me off! - (Agent Gibbs [NCIS 3.14 Light Sleeper])

thanks for the site. I have been looking for a site to get an underwater housing for my digital.
What do your desktop icons do when you aren't looking?

<--Countdown-->

I believe in MAGIC!

ATTN: MEMBERS OF THE 12/16/06 THREAD!!!!!
Please visit http://www.estel-miire.org/cruiselist for the website for this cruise. Email me with the info to add your name to the list.

ALSO...PLEASE POST IN THE 12/16/06 CRUISE THREAD AT LEAST ONCE!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER ACTIVIITES THAT ARE TALKED ABOUT THERE THAT YOU WILL MISS!!!!!!!!
****Thread chat****chat (just put a username...no registration required...go to default room
****http://www.estel-miire.org/cruise/cell.php****email me for the info for this page

WOOHOO!!!!!
DCLgodess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Enna
This space for rent.
So where's this chocolate you promised the Tag Fairy?

Since I'm just an ameteur photographer, I don't know if all cameras can even go in the water? Isn't there something about the water pressure on the camera that needs to be taken into consideration?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
jordgubben
Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off with her husband

That I do not know. If you read about these packs they aren't for doing any kind of deep diving with. But if you are just snorkeling near the surface of the water the pressure probably bad. If you are unsure you should check with your camera manufacturer.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #5
debtman7
Earning My Ears

I have one of these bags and they, to me, are more useful for keeping stuff in other than your camera It is really annoying to try and turn your camera on or off, or snap a picture, or work the tiny zoom buttons while it is encased in thick plastic. Personally, I prefer to just use the underwater disposables, since it's easier to take the pictures and you don't have to worry about glare or reflections off the bag.

If you really want to get into it though, some digital and film cameras (canon's for one) have optional underwater housings that can be used pretty deep. The down side is that they usually cost at least $100.
debtman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #6
Memaw2Wm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtman7
If you really want to get into it though, some digital and film cameras (canon's for one) have optional underwater housings that can be used pretty deep. The down side is that they usually cost at least $100.
HA! The underwater housing for my Canon A95 is $199.97 ... but I'm still planning on buying it before we head back to Disney. I can use it at Disney's waterparks ... on the Kali River Raft ride ... at CC ... and at home at the beach.
Memaw2Wm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: