Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #31
jenny2
Victim of a TAGNAPPING!

Thanks Dan! Just what I needed today! This year we'll be at the world for the first time during the holiday's and it looks lovely.

One question... were you using a tripod for your nighttime shots? I have a heck of a time taking good night shots without a tripod. I have tons of pictures taken during the day, but during our next trip I want to take more at night.
* June 16 ~ CSR *

* Oct '07 ~ 7 night Eastern Magic Cruise *
* Nov '08 ~ 7 night Western Magic Cruise *
jenny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:31 PM   #32
Otto's Doll
Cheese and Whiskers, I just can't seem to catch their attention...
My dream came true
Stop laughing DH!

Wonderful, Dan. Thanks for sharing... can't wait to go back!
"Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with Him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of Himself to us. Love like that." Ephesians 5:2
Otto's Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #33
ckret01
DIS Veteran

Dan, I always look forward to seeing your pictures. They truly make my day! It makes me feel like I right there in the world!
ckret01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:24 PM   #34
always quiet
Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant
Please pass the tylenol........heck, pass something stronger if you got it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy
It is a jazzy version of First Noel, not a Disney one this time, but rather a seasonal one.

http://www.dmurphydis.com/music/firstnoel.mid

And yes, I was VERY tired.

Well that explains why I didn't recognize the music! I was trying to place it at WDW and just couldn't do it! You stumped me with that music from the Illuminations preshow the other day too! I might be slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious Dan, exactly how long was that walk back to the Swan/Dolphin? (time wise). I didn't realize it was so close to Epcot!! Guess it's a good thing you don't stay at Fort Wilderness....if you miss the last bus or boat, you'll be swimmin' with the fishes to get back (all the way across Bay Lake!)
always quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #35
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Thanks, Dan. Your pictures made me so glad I'm getting to back in December this year. Last year, I couldn't go, and I really missed seeing CP. Also, I'm so glad to see someone else appreciate the Streetmosphere characters so much. Aren't they just great?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:53 PM   #36
TiggerPiglet
Still stumped
Victim of the Catholic school uniform
Swam in December

Dan, as always, great pictures
TiggerPiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:22 PM   #37
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2
....One question... were you using a tripod for your nighttime shots? I have a heck of a time taking good night shots without a tripod. I have tons of pictures taken during the day, but during our next trip I want to take more at night.
I use a small portable tripod sometimes, folds up into my bag, bit most of the time I am using a ever-present trashcan or maybe the side of a tree or light post, maybe a table. Most of the night shots are using something like that, and even then, since I am not remote firing the exposure, some still are blurred. Example is the close up of Candlelight narrator, quite blurred. But the shot of the Boardwalk near the end is quite clear. That is a actually a very long exposure, one second, (I just went back and looked), but I had the camera braced on a railing by the Yacht Club. It also was using a tungsten white balance setting, since all artificial light there. Night shots are tough, many bad ones (test ones I call them, LOL) and a few good ones. Good luck with the shooting, Jenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by always quiet
.....Just curious Dan, exactly how long was that walk back to the Swan/Dolphin? (time wise). I didn't realize it was so close to Epcot!! Guess it's a good thing you don't stay at Fort Wilderness....if you miss the last bus or boat, you'll be swimmin' with the fishes to get back (all the way across Bay Lake!)
Well, I was walking from almost Mexico, around World Showcase, out Intl' Gateway, the Y&BC walkway and on over to the Swan. The reason I had the extra walk from IG (I was planning on taking the boat from there to the Swan) was an unknown timing issue (unknown to me, but now I know ). The boats operate for one hour after the park closes, like all the transportation there. I know that. Illuminations started at 9:30 PM during the holiday season, due to CP last showing at like 8:30 I think. It normally takes about 12 minutes, the holiday version about 5 minutes longer, total, about 17 minutes. Show ends at about 9:47 PM. I think that is park closing. WRONG. Illuminations is shown AFTER official park closing, an end to the day. Park closes at 9:30 (holiday hours). Last boat leaves Epcot at 10:30. I timed my walk, leisurely taking pictures along the way, to get to the dock about 10:35, 10 minutes or so early, in my book. As I got to the dock, I see the Friendship pulling away from the dock. I assume there is another coming. I stand there for a moment or so, dock CM asks if he can help, I ask about next boat, he says, there is the last one, one hour after park closing.

So, exhausted, tired me starts hoofing it, and at the bridge, decides whether to go BW route (my usual) or Y&BC route. I took the latter, hoping to get some different pictures. I did, but sooooo tired.

Short story long I guess, but also the reason for the long walk at that time of the night. The walk took about an hour. And now I know what time Epcot closes.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:28 PM   #38
TowerOfTerrorFreak
the 13-year-old terror..FEAR ME!
Big deal! Most 13 year olds are scary anyway!

Awesome pics!
TowerOfTerrorFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #39
always quiet
Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hydrant
Please pass the tylenol........heck, pass something stronger if you got it!!

An HOUR???!! Boy, after going all day then that long walk at night, you more than got a few days of exercise time in. You did get some beautiful shots though.
always quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #40
gr8tpanther
Likes pretty words
No touchie, No touchie!!!!!

I want to go to WDW NOW!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #41
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Wonderful pictures, Dan! Colin and I had a wonderful evening with you as well!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #42
iluvwesties
Always planning the "Next" trip!
Last year I only won a cookie

Another thread with fantastic pics Dan

iluvwesties (aka Carol)

iluvwesties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #43
RNMOM
BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

Dan your photos are great as always. I love that time of year at WDW. We need to get back there soon.
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
Disneyworld2122
Mouseketeer

love the pics dan keep them coming
Disneyworld2122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: