Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
kmwilson98
Mouseketeer

Please help me plan out my ideal character dining itinerary?

I know, I know - most people recommend not to over do it on character dining. I know, I know. Please bear with me. We're only doing one park, and I'll hopefully be pregnant (anywhere up to 5 months), so sit down meals won't cut into any "necessary park time", and will probably provide me a much needed break off my feet.

Ok, that aside: We would like to do as much character dining as possible - preferably late breakfasts and early dinners (DD is usually ready for bed around 7), with just lite lunch counter service / snack bar type stuff for lunch. I would also like to do the Princess Tea thing (I think I'd like to do that on Thursday), and a Wishes cruise one night (not Friday, which is our last night).

We will be staying at ASMo, and **only** going to MK. We are happy to go to other resorts for character dining as well, but we'll be depending on WDW transportation. Meals at other parks are right out.

The first morning we will already be in Orlando, so travel time the first day is not a factor. The last night we will leave the park (or resort) right after dinner, and drive 90 minutes to my parents house. We will have several days to rest and recoup at their house (there's a pool, several golf courses, and plenty of relaxation time there to decompress).

SO...Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are our days at WDW, three nights but four full days. Anyone want to help me plan for the maximum amount of character dining? Pretty please?
kmwilson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
rhiansmom
DIS Veteran

I have scheduled at least one character dining experience or "special" experience for each day..

Here is the beginning of my schedule

Arrival night - Dinner at 1900 Park Fair (Cinderella's Gala Feast)
1st Day - Family Magic Tour and a sit down dinner (not sure where)
2nd Day - Princess Tea with Mom
3rd Day - CRT and Pirate Cruise
4th Day - Cooking Adventures and Fantasmic Dinner Package
5,6,7 and 8... not sure yet!
Our Disney TripsAugust 2014 - Taking the friend back to POP, October 2012 - Checking out AoA - Can you believe it's been 2 years??, September 2010 - Disneyland, August 2010 - DD says lets do POP again.. this time can we bring a friend??, June 2010 - offsite and never again!, November 2009 - DD's 10th Birthday at POP, July 2009 - All Star Sports, October 2008 Disneyland - DLR, April 2008 -POP Again, September 2006 Girls Trip to POP!, October 2005 - POP, May 2005 - SOG, Feb 2004 - CR, July 2000 - Disneyland Paris
rhiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
lovinwdw
DIS Veteran

We went to Crystal Palace in MK. The food was really good and the place smelled clean and looked so pretty. I would definately recommend CP!!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #4
luvsTink
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. We have done both breakfast and dinner and we preferred breakfast. It's loud and rowdy, but fun

Anne

If you can dream it, you can do it (Disney Mom's Panel Dreaming)

luvsTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
mickeyclark
Earning My Ears

Consider Letting Them Bring the Food to You

Some things to consider:

> You said you will be 5 months pregnant. You may want to choose the character meals that are "all you care to eat" where they bring the food to your table. You won't have to go to a buffet line to get your food. O'Hana's character breakfast at the Poly and Liberty Tree Tavern dinner at the MK are meals in which the food is brought to you, as well as Cinderella's Castle.

> Along the same lines of thinking. You may want to consider the Rainforest Cafe. They don't have character meals, however the place has a whole bunch of animal character.

> We have been lucky scheduling late breakfasts - which seem more like a lunch - and great character interaction.

> Chef Mickey's is a great first meal b/c you get to see all the Mickey and Gang characters right away.

Are you looking for character meals or character interaction? I understand that Fort Wilderness has a movie each evening that starts with a sing along with Chip and Dale. I think you have to get there early to see them. You may also be able to roast marshmallows. I don't know if it is easy to get to, and it may be too late for your dd. Just a thought.

Good luck with your planning.
mickeyclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
MINNIEBOWSER
Mouseketeer

My favorite character meals:

Crystal Palace - breakfast and dinner (love both)

1900 Park Fare - breakfast and dinner (love both)

Chef Mickeys - breakfast only

Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner

April 1979 - offsite ~ Sept. 1996 OKW ~ Oct. 2000 BWV ~ Dec. 2002 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2003 BCV ~
Nov. 2004 BCV ~ Oct. 2005 Polynesian ~ Nov. 2006 BCV ~ Feb. 2007 CSR ~ Nov. 2008 BCV
~ Jan. 2011 AKV/SSR ~ Feb. 2013 Polynesian
MINNIEBOWSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #7
prettyprincessmom
Earning My Ears

We were at WL Feb 3-8 with our DD7! Our character dining included CRT 11:05 breakfast, CP dinner, CM dinner, and Storybook Princess breakfast in Epcot's Norway. We loved each one! Also has ps at WC-fun, FDP at Mama Melrose-very good, very expensive. Not on a budget but including 4 Buds, bill with tip was over $100. Have Fun!! We Did!!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
cranbiz
DIS Veteran

Location: Durham, NC 11 hours from the mouse, 12 hours from good clam chowder

If you are only doing MK, then that makes it fairly easy for inside the park.

Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, Crystal Palace can be any meal and CRT for breakfast.

Resorts that have character meals,

Contemporary- Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner.
Beach Club - Cape May for breakfast.
Grand Floridian - 1900 Park Faire for breakfast and dinner.
Polynesian - Ohana's for breakfast.

Have fun in deciding, there is not a bad choice to be had here.

Off Site 8-91, 8-92, ASMU 12-03, 1-06 (AP preview of EE), Our FL House 9-04, 11-04, 1-05, 2-05, 4-05, 5-05, 6-05, 7-05, 9-05, 10-05, 11-05, NYE05 at EPCOT!, 4-06, 10-06(X2), AKL 12-04, CBR 6-05. Stopped recording in 06 due to working there

I have finally visited DLR - Where's the castle?

The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Offer is valid only at participating locations. Many will enter, few will win. If this post begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. Guarantee void in Tennessee.
cranbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #9
knovak
DIS Veteran

I'm going in May with our DD 2 & 5 and we are doing mostly Character Dining - as that's what they will enjoy at this age. This is my plan:

Sun - Dinner - Biergarten
Mon - Breakfast CRT
Tues - Breakfast - Boma
Dinner - Crystal Palace
Wed - Lunch - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Thur - Dinner - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Fri - Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern
Sat - Dinner - 1900 Cinderella's Gala Fest
Su - Breakfast - Chef Mickey's
knovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #10
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

We're REALLY overdoing it! DD will be 4 and, not knowing when we'll ever get to Disney again, (though hopefully 2007) I'm planning as many charater things as possible. Here's mine:

Arrival day: Chef Mickey's (Dinner)
Friday: Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Sunday: CRT
Tuesday: Wonderland Tea Party (Snack) and Liberty Tree Tavern (Dinner)
Wednesday: My Disney Girl Princess Tea Party (Brunch)
Thursday: Princess Storybook (Breakfast )
Friday: 1900 Park Fare (Dinner)
Saturday: Cape May Cafe

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #11
sk!mom
DIS Veteran

We do more Character meals every trip it seems. In May we will be taking our shortest trip yet (5 days) and we have 4 Character Breakfasts scheduled- CRT, CM, CP, and Ohana. If I were you, I would do all of those and LTT for dinner. Chef Mickeys and Ohana are easily accessible from MK. The GF Princess dinner is nice, also, we did that last June. We like to have two PS a day breakfast and dinner since it is a good chance to take a break- plus DH and I are too old to live on fast food counter service any more.
sk!mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #12
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

[COLOR=Indigo]What about the Garden Grill... we wandered Epcot for an hour looking for a place to eat as it was a last min decision to eat in the park and after waking all around the world we ended up at the Garden Grill. The food was great, the service was excellent and NO ONE WAS THERE!! We had Mickey and the gang all to our selves. The land building closed at 6 but if you had PS or were going to eat they let you in. It was all you can eat and we took advantage of it. I am not sure when it is reopening (heard April and June) But if it open when you are there it is a hidden gem. (the ice cream social is another great way for kids to see the characters, have a snack and re-charge you batteries) Hope it reopens and does not change much soon!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: