Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
elmonshea
I need a Disney Vacation !

Are there Microwaves at the POR food courts ?

Are there Microwaves at the POR food courts ?

I wanted to take some popcorn and stuff for my son but wanted to be sure there was a microwave somewhere there at POriverside.
Thanks

All Star Sports Sept.2000, Contemporary Resort March 2005 , All Star Movies March 2006 , CSR Sept. 2006 , POR Oct. 2008 , Grand Floridian June 2010,
Saratoga Springs October 2011 (Wine & Dine 5K) , Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani January 2012 (Disney 1/2 Marathon), Saratoga Springs October 2013
Old Keys West March 2014

Me & Dh DS DD DD DD

elmonshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

Microwaves & toasters...oh my!

We were just at WDW(Jan 29-Feb 5) & went to the POFQ food court. POFQ has one microwave(I brought popcorn from home too the last time we stayed at Port Orleans - the WDW prices were just too much, even for me!) and *multiple* toasters.
By the way, this last trip, we were staying at another WDW resort & just *had* to have POFQ beignets -at least once - for breakfast!

Last year, we stayed at PO/R and at that time at least one microwave and a commercial toaster(the kind that you 'feed' the bread into & that has a rolling rack/grid) were in the PO/R Food Court. The toaster was near the Pizza 'Window', can't quite remember exactly where the PO/R microwave was.

Have a great time,
agnes!
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
elmonshea
I need a Disney Vacation !

thanks so much !
my son will be happy to know he gets his popcorn!

All Star Sports Sept.2000, Contemporary Resort March 2005 , All Star Movies March 2006 , CSR Sept. 2006 , POR Oct. 2008 , Grand Floridian June 2010,
Saratoga Springs October 2011 (Wine & Dine 5K) , Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani January 2012 (Disney 1/2 Marathon), Saratoga Springs October 2013
Old Keys West March 2014

Me & Dh DS DD DD DD

elmonshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:34 PM   #4
SnowBound
Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Lightbulb

FYI, in case you are interested, we rented a microwave (along with a bunch of other stuff) for our room from A Baby's Best Friend. I think the cost was around $25 for the week. We mainly used it for quick breakfasts so we could get to the parks, but also came in handy for late-night snacks, etc. You really don't realize how much you use one until you don't have it. Real convenient too, it was waiting for us at the luggage room when we arrived.

The site is www.abbf.com. Hope this helps. Have a great time.
SnowBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

microwaves...

I didn't know that WDW allowed microwaves in the resort rooms. I'd be afraid I'd cook something in the darn thing & scorch it (ever done that with a bag of popcorn?...ack.), causing the smoke alarms to go off. Or that I'd cook something in it and the smell would *stay* in the room forever.

I'm interested in where you were able to place the microwave in the room. Doesn't matter how big the hotel/resort room is, I always seem to run out of space to put stuff.

agnes!
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: