Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

AAA rate vs. MYW Dining Package?

Trying to decide whether to keep the AAA rate or buy the MYW package with tickets and Dining.

Have a reservation at the WL Woods View with a rate of $195 per night (we have TWO rooms). Rack rate is $230 per night. So the total savings is $70 per day over the rack rate.

2 adults/triplets (will be 5) for the MYW Dining is $100 per day. Do you think we will really save $70 per day by using the Dining plan (planning on LOTS of Character Meals with the kids)? Or should I just pay for meals and keep the AAA rate?

Thanks!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #2
disneycrazzzy
DIS Veteran

Keep the AAA rate

Your Dining Plan would cost you $100 per day.
You would have to eat food worth $170 per day to make it worth your while.
A typical day of meals (that aligns with the Dining Plan):

Snack $2x5 = $10 (assumes $1.99 soda)
Counter Service Meals $15x2 (adults) + $8x3 (triplets) = $54
Table Service Meals $30x2 (adults) = $15x3 (triplets) = $105

Total = $169

This was really pushing the prices since most counter service meals are $4 for kids and I was adding a dessert. Most counter service meals for adults are $7 and I was including dessert. Added some for tax and tip. Same philosophy for Table Service Meals.

So you would really need to eat a lot to make this work out and I know that I'd rather eat at a buffet with kids. Keeping the flexibility of eating when and where we want is also needed when dining with young ones. I can see going back to our room for an afternoon break and deciding not to head back to another park or resort. What if our resort only had a food court as the values only do?

I went through the effort of determining exactly what we would pick from each restaurant using the menus at allears and determining tax and tip I was only saving about $70 over a 7 night trip. I have two young boys. The thought of having two desserts (three if your snack is ice cream) a day makes me imagine I'd be miserable for the whole trip too. Good luck with your planning.
disneycrazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

You can do the dining plan AND get the AAA rate on the room by booking the package through AAA. Just call the 800 number for AAA travel, or get in touch w/ your local AAA office- they can give you a quote for the pkg. I believe you also get some other perks with the AAA package- special parking area, Diamond Lounge in the MK, etc.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: