Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Cass
www.casshew.com

Note in blood ~ "I (heart) my kids"

At the site if the train crash/derailment last week there was found a message written in blood

I "heart" my kids ~ I "heart" Leslie

The person who scrawled these notes with his own blood survived but is not saying anything more.

A note in blood breaks hearts and launches a search for the author. He has nothing more to say.

He was having trouble breathing. As he lay wedged under a train seat and metal debris, with whatever energy he could summon and a heartbreaking economy of words, he scrawled a farewell in blood on the seat. "I ♥ my kids. I ♥ Leslie," he printed. The blood ink seemed to be running out as he got to the second sentence.

Capt. Robert Rosario, the firefighter who discovered that message, later choked up as he related the story for TV cameras.

Of all the images, sad or brave, pulled from the mangled wreckage of Wednesday's Metrolink train disaster, few captivated people more than this finger-painted testament of love. And none was more mysterious.

Who is the message writer? What happened to him? Who is Leslie?

Everyone wants to know. L.A. Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey said that the department has been inundated with inquiries — "about 700 calls," he said Thursday — from people who simply want to know who he is and how he is doing.

The mystery messenger was admitted to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, which received more than 100 phone calls from the public asking about him. "They mainly wanted to tell him that their prayers are with him," said hospital spokeswoman Adelaida De La Cerda.

He was discharged late Thursday and declined requests to talk with the media, she said.

This much is known: Leslie is his wife.

See the message here
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: