Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Ramada Inn Maingate - Pictures

Whenever I get a chance, I like to visit the Good Neighbor Hotels & walk around, taking pics that I can share.

Ramada Inn Maingate
1650 S. Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802

The Ramada Inn Maingate is the closest economy hotel to the Disneyland Resort and is within walking distance. For an economy hotel, I found the grounds to be nice.

Ramada Inn Maingate entrance.

There are some shops at the front of the motel, including a photo shop, gift shop, car rental, ticket office, foreign currency exchange, ATM. Right next to the motel, behind the sign here, is a Tony Roma's Ribs restaurant. Food is yummy here.

You can walk to Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney. The Pedestrian walkway is really quite close.

The courtyard in the front offers a nice place to relax and grab a bite to eat from the pizza and Chinese food counters located here.

The ticket office also has internet access, where you can get your email. You prepay in increments, and at this time it is $5 for an hour & a half.

Hotel grounds. Parking is free for hotel guests.

The hotel is mostly made up of two-story buildings, but at the back there is a four-story building that has standard rooms, as well as suites and jacuzzi rooms. I did not see any elevators here, so I am assuming that you would walk up the stairs to the upper floors. In the back of the property, next to the four-story building, there is a smaller building that has a ramp up to the rooms for wheelchairs. There are about four rooms with a short interior corridor. I imagine those might be the disabled accessibility rooms.

View of the pool from the 4th floor (hey, that's my car down there). The end to the right is pretty shallow. It's deeper to the left, and the jacuzzi sits right near the left end. It's really a nice setting for a pool.

Another view of the pool

Continental breakfast is served at the tables near the pool.

Tower of Terror looms in the background

Standard room. Rooms include: irons/ironing boards, hairdryers, 27" tv with cable, and coffee. This room also has a table & two chairs to the left. I couldn't capture them in the photo.

Coin laundry is available for guests. There is a very clean bathroom in here also.

Views of California Adventure from the 4-story tower.

Paradise Pier Hotel is in the background of this picture.

Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
Redcon1
Mouseketeer

Wow, those are great pictures. I especially love the last one with TOT and Grizzly Peak in the background. Those darn power lines are still around tho, huh? I haven't been out to DL since '98 when they were just starting to tear up the parking lot for DCA, but now I'm really excited about staying at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend.
They were able to give me a $39 travel agent rate which was the best for the area. They called me directly after I had e-mailed them inquiring about their rates and the person I spoke to was very gracious and accomodating.
With a four and seven year old, it will be nice to be able to walk back and forth from the parks when we need to. It's also good to hear they have a nice selection of food available there. The pool too, the kids should love if we have time for that.
I assume you didn't actually stay there, but had the chance to chat with some of the workers, as you were able to take pictures inside the rooms. Did they seem pretty nice?
Thanks for taking the time to do this. It sure helps making our planning easier for our trip.

Redcon1
Redcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Mary Jo
Techarita

DISboards Moderator

Since I went there late in the day, I really didn't get to go in the rooms. The one standard room had the drapes open, and when I saw that it was unused I took pics through the window - this was the best one that came out.

I did talk to the gal at the ticket/concierge office (in front of the registration office), and she was really nice. In fact, the few people I talked to were nice. The gift shop had a nice selection of gifts, souvenirs, and sundries, and the lady in there was very friendly. They also had a photo booth, t-shirt shop, and baseball cap shop -- I didn't go in those. In addition, there is a car rental place (I forget the name right now), right next to the registration office. For an economy hotel, they have a lot going for them, plus the grounds are bigger than I thought they would be.

The power lines are on the other side of the buildings, so you don't really see them from the pool area. I took the pic of ToT & Grizzly peak from the top floor of the 4-story building. There is a room there, and when you open the door, you have nice view of DCA. I would imagine that that would be a good room during the summer - open your door, park a couple of beach chairs out there & relax.... All of the rooms open out to the interior of the property & don't really have views of DLR...

$39 -- what an excellent rate!
Old 01-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

Wow - was it raining AGAIN Mary Jo? hahaha. Great photos- I wish we had stayed there That place is better than the Four Points in Fullerton...waaaay better!!!!

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita

DISboards Moderator

Hey, Liz ... not to make you feel any worse ... but when I was walking around the pool, there was STEAM coming out of the jacuzzi!!

It rained most of the day yesterday, and today it's sunny.... yea!!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #6
Redcon1
Mouseketeer

MaryJo,
That's a great picture of the room. I just assumed you were allowed inside as there's no reflection from the glass that I can see.
As for the power lines, I remember seeing the HUGE ones by the Disneyland Hotel years ago. It always seemed unusual to have a theme park so close to those lines as well as being totally surrounded by motels literally on their property. It was as if this was one time an industrial area and Walt just decided to plop down a theme park inside it. I know that's not the case, but it's just so radically different from how and where the parks are built nowadays. It struck my wife as unusual the first time she saw DL too. I think she thought it be in it's own little resort area like WDW.
BTW, she saw your pictures and is thrilled about how close it is to the entrance. She agreed this would be a great place to spend those four days.
Thanks for helping me cross off one item from my to-do trip list.

Redcon1
Redcon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
JC Butterfly
DIS Veteran

thanks so much for posting the photos! This looks like a very nice clean no-frills place to stay. I am currently booked here for one night prior to moving to the Disneyland Hotel. Do you think it would be an easy walk between the two hotels?

Another thread suggested that there is security in the plaza now and that our luggage would have to be inspected if we were to walk across. That doesn't sound very appealing to me!
JC Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #8
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

When we were there, there was a family of 4 with thier suitcases walking to the GCA. When they got to the security they told them they were checking into GCA and they didn't have to open their luggage. I believe they did show them a hotel confirmation of some sort though. I would think it would be quite walkable. Also, a cab ride would prob only be 6-7 bucks and save you the walk too.

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

I've stayed here twice!

The photos of this hotel are very nice. We have stayed here for two years in a row, and this year will make three. Not only does it have convenient access to the parks, the continental breakfast is a great way to start the day off running (like we always do!). Since we drive down to stay the evening before spending the day at DL, we can get to DTD that night, purchase our tickets & do some shopping before heading off to bed. Then it's up at the crack of dawn to get to the rope drop!

When we're ready to leave, it's only a 5 min walk back to get the car -- no parking ramps to deal with. And don't forget to ask about a AAA discount!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
ebhurleys
Mouseketeer

thank you

Thank you for posting these pictures. I had just booked this hotel for 2 nights before a cruise. All I want is something close to the parks clean and comfortable. This looks like exactly what I am looking for.
ebhurleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #11
cathyn
Mouseketeer

I have stayed there many times and only had a problem once (the security bar latched on the door with me on the outside). There are elevators in the buildings so you don't have to go up the stairs. It is a great place to stay.

cathyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #12
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Wow, I kind of wish I kept my ressies with them. I ended up next door - and your pictures are getting me so excited. I saw the picture report you did for the DL hotel - I think that was you - Do you have any more picture reports so many of us would love to see them. Here is a kiss as a thank you!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 AM   #13
CdnDisneyFan
Tigger, he is oh so cute!
Talk about the Disney spirit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm99
Wow, I kind of wish I kept my ressies with them. I ended up next door - and your pictures are getting me so excited. I saw the picture report you did for the DL hotel - I think that was you - Do you have any more picture reports so many of us would love to see them. Here is a kiss as a thank you!

First off, GREAT PHOTOS MARY JO!! And djm, if you like those kind of pictures, you'll love this site, it has photos of properties all around the DLR, and also the DL hotels. http://www.*****************/

Enjoy!!

Jules

WDW too many times to mention all offsite.
11-02 ASMO, first time onsite!!
Sept 17-24 2005, Candy Cane Inn
Nov 15-22, 2010 Pop Century with my bestest friend to celebrate my birthday and her unbirthday, and with free dining too, how can we complain!
CdnDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
djm99

Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisneyFan
First off, GREAT PHOTOS MARY JO!! And djm, if you like those kind of pictures, you'll love this site, it has photos of properties all around the DLR, and also the DL hotels. http://www.*****************/

Enjoy!!

Jules
Thank you for that thread - I thought I found everything about DL on the web - I love it when people prove me wrong. U deserve one too
Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 AM   #15
djm99

Me Me Me Me Me Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnDisneyFan
First off, GREAT PHOTOS MARY JO!! And djm, if you like those kind of pictures, you'll love this site, it has photos of properties all around the DLR, and also the DL hotels. http://www.*****************/ Enjoy!!

Jules
Is that your website?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: