Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
princessknb
Mouseketeer

I Got A Postcard!!!!!

I GOT A POSTCARD!!!!!
I got a postcard in the mail today sent to my address but with a friend's name on it who is also going with us. The rate is 59.00 value a night(pin# required) for 4/17/05--7/4/05. I called 407-w-disney and they said I can use the postcard as long as the other party makes the reserveration in their name. Has anyone done this and did not rcv. the rate when you checked in. They are checking in on 5/27/05 at POP for one night and then they will stay at the Dolphin for 7 nights. We are checking in to POP on 5/28/05 for 5 nights. Can this really be done or should I call back to verify this is actually true?
princessknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
MickiMouth
DIS Veteran

I used a postcard rate I received a few years ago and I also booked a room for my parents in my name so they got the same rate. We traveled together and I checked in with my Mom standing with me. They knew it was her room and there was no problem.
MickiMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
princessknb
Mouseketeer

Just bumping.
princessknb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
Blair
Earning My Ears

My sister got a postcard and they said if she was going the same dates that I could use it also. The only problem is she is not going.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 05, 2005 8:50:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>Countdown to our Disney Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'hurray its finally time!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
Bellefan66
"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize"

59$$ How great is that?? Have a blast!
1986 DL Disneyland Hotel
1995 DW offsite
2001 DW offsite
The Penwell Family

Bellefan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
Lori-n-NY
Owner of Saratoga Springs Resort

They are only at POP one night and you check in the day they are moving to Dolphin? How many people in your party? If you could add her without having an extra adult charge I think you would have a better chance of getting it. Here's why. I was in WDW Oct 15-18, 2004 and had an AP rate, a frined of mine was in WDW Oct 13-18, 2004 on a postcard rate. The only way she could get my room with her postcard was to be the primary name on the reservation. It did make two adults and one junior so I did not have to worry about an extra adult fee. (Only two in my party) She was at the front desk when I checked in and they verified her info and gave us three room keys. It took her two different phone calls to be able to make this happen. The first CM said she could not be in two rooms at once....but we stated with one AP you could get three rooms and then something about the travel dates have to be exact...
I bet I could not use my AP for one night and book for friends the next 5 with my AP knowing I am not going to be there. What would stop FL residents from checking in family and then going home? The email/postcard/ap holder has to be listed on the reservation as staying in the room...(if only one room is being discounted.)

Does any of that make sense to anyone besides me?

Hopefully room only rates will come out and you will not have to worry about this. I'm waiting for room only or AP rates so keep your eyes open.

Lori
Old 01-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #7
EsmeraldaX
Registered

As long as your friend makes the ressie and checks in with you, you should be fine.

This happened to me. I got one with my brothers name sent to my house. Unfortunately, my brother hates WDW. They would not let me use the code and they also said my brother could not use the code since someone at my address had to be present also.

What a waste of a code.
EsmeraldaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #8
ksoehrlein
Once (and Future?) CM

Location: Previously seen at POFQ, BC, WL, CSR, OKW, BWV, VWL, POR, SSR, PC, BCV, ASMu, CR, YC, PPH, AKV, ASSp, ASMo & CBR

I'm feeling really lucky. I got one addressed to my grandfather-in-law but they let me use it. When I called CRO, I said that we received a postcard but "the family member it was addressed to will not be joining us on this trip." They honored it for me. Maybe it depends on the CM answering the phone?
2011: Goofy Challenge / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
2012: Goofy Challenge / DL Half Marathon (Coast to Coast) / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
ksoehrlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
Pembo
OH-IO

I got one too! All the info was correct but the last name, major spelling error. CM had to call Guest Services to okay it and they transferred it to the right spelling. Took 20 minutes but it was worth it!!!
Pembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #10
EsmeraldaX
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoehrlein
I'm feeling really lucky. I got one addressed to my grandfather-in-law but they let me use it. When I called CRO, I said that we received a postcard but "the family member it was addressed to will not be joining us on this trip." They honored it for me. Maybe it depends on the CM answering the phone?
Wow. I spoke to at least 6 different CMs about mine and was transferred to a manager. All said no.
EsmeraldaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #11
TheresaNY
DIS Veteran

Rates for moderates or WL with postcard ??

Can you tell me if the postcard specified what the rate would be for Moderates or WL up to 7/4/05 ??
Peabody 1987**Hyatt Grand Cypress 1990**Radisson 1991**ASMu 1996**CSR & POP 2004**MOWC, WL, & POR 2005*** ASMusic 12/05**** Clearwater Beach,JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Hyatt Grand Cypress & RPR 7/06***Sheraton Sand Key, Fairfield Marriott Village, Grand Cypress Villas & Dolphin June & July 2007***Pop Nov/Dec 2007***Peabody Club Level, Yacht Club,AKL Club Level & Dolphin June/July 2008***CSR & AKL Nov/Dec 2008*** Hyatt Grand Cypress, Buena Vista Palace,CSR, Four Points Sheraton Cocoa Beach June/July 2009***Yacht Club / Wilderness Lodge July 2010***
TheresaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #12
Minniemom97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaNY
Can you tell me if the postcard specified what the rate would be for Moderates or WL up to 7/4/05 ??
We got WL, woods view, for $136 (I think). Courtyard was $159 I think. Only had value resort rate of $59 actually printed on the postcard so I don't know what Moderates were. Sorry!
Minniemom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
wilderness gal
An official "Disney" Freak; "does anyone have change for a dollar 292"?

I got the same postcard but it had my best friends/sister's name on it, she traveled with us in May 2003 but because I booked the room back then (I was in the Disney Club) & rec'd discounts she was listed under our address. Anyway.... I called & the CM gave me the room but the CM verified everything down to the phone #, address, pin # & who the Post card was addressed to, & e-mail address. Then I asked if I needed to bring ID from this person & permission for using this she said we could. But.... later I called & ck'd the reservation & it was in our name with the $59.00.

But...........I have a question..... Can you purchase the MYW Dining Plan if you've received the Post Card rate of $59.00?

Let me explain; We rec'd a post card with a pin # for the rate of $59.00 for the value hotels. OK... I booked my room 4 days/3 nights, even got the base tickets from Disney but.........when I asked to add the MYW Dining Plan I was told that I couldn't add it to my room & tickets because I got such a discount. Does this sound right?? Or would ya'll call back & ask for someone else? We had the Gold plan in May 2003 & I assumed we could just add this to our room & tickets just like the Gold Plan, evidently you can't. I'm confused............ANY HELP would be very much appreciated !!!!

We really want to get the MYW Dining Plan...........I want to take care of it before we get there.

Haughton High School/The Big Red Band
wilderness gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #14
mrsbert
DIS Veteran

I'm a lurker around these boards and have never posted but had to post today. My sister-in-law, who requested a vacation DVD recieved one today. Of course she's not going now. I left work and went home just to check the mail.....NO POSTCARD !!! We're going last week in May, first week in June. Bummer.
mrsbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #15
tammyg

I requested a vacation planning video about a week ago and recieved a postcard today. I was able to book a room at The Contemporary wing garden view for $166.00 per night. I am really excited. I had booked at room at the Dolphin for $169.50 per night but cancelled it for the Contemporary. We are going on June 5th. This will be our 5th trip at the Contemporary.
tammyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: