Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
Immelman

Heads Up, Parrotheads

we got our tickets to the Jimmy Buffet concert here in Tampa on February 26th. it's his last concert for 2 months. you never know when he may end up at Margaritaville Citywalk.
Immelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Have you ever seen him there?....Anyone?
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR
Have you ever seen him there?....Anyone?

We came really really close LOL Back in March 1999, we were at US and as we were leaving we saw a whole bunch of people just hanging out in front of Margarittaville. We asked what was going on and someone told us Jimmy was going to do a show on the balcony for free. DH and I waited for about 2 hours on a nice grassy area. DH started getting cranky and didn't want to wait anymore. Since I was pregnant at the time, he used that too as an excuse. After 2 hours, I was determined to stay. I figured we waited that long we might as well go the whole way. Finally I had enough of his b-ing and we left.

The real irony of it is that about a year later DH became one of the biggest Parrotheads! We now go to every concert we can and go about 1pm to party in the parking lot with friends. Certainly longer than 2 hours

So, of course, being the nice wife that I am, reminds him every year when he's getting tickets about how we could have seen Buffett for FREE!

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

The closest I came was back in November. JB was doing a concert in Orlando that night and they were having a simulcast of the concert at Margaritaville. We got to enjoy the concert while having our dinner.
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Stimpy,

That was sooo close and I would never let DH live that one down, unless of course you catch him there sometime!
My DH would not have waited 2 hours so I would have been outta luck too.

IMGONNABE40!, Thats closer than I ever came! We always seem to just miss him Last time we were there he was there the day before! Since he was doing a concert in Orlando wonder if he stopped by afterwards? That would have been neat to watch it live.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #6
Immelman

a friend of mine caught him on the porch 2 years ago, which is why I posted the thread. the entertainer for the evening took a break, and a guy with an acoustic guitar and a floppy hat played six songs. the pics were great. no one rushed him, and he went to about 10 tables and shook hands. then he was gone. it happens.
Immelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
kellymonaghan

DIS Veteran
Definitely not a woman
Buy his books so he can get a royality check

Call me lucky, but I've seen Jimmy peform there TWICE.

Both times were fairly early on in the Margaritaville run, so maybe he no longer feels the need to drop by and check things out.

But when he does, it's the best show in town -- close up, intimate, very special.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:36 AM   #8
Disney Dee
DIS Veteran

Wow, would we love to beable to see Jimmy in Margaritaville! My fiance is such a parrothead he would probably park his self on a stool and spend his whole vacation there! LOL. We never miss a Buffett concert when he comes to our town, but to see him in his restaurant would be way cool .
Old 02-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #9
micksterlee
DIS Veteran

Jimmy was just here in Asheville to open his new Cheesebuger In Paradise restaurant he performed at the opening but tickets went for as high as 3200.00 for a pair with all money goingto a local charity. Nice gesture and heard it was a great time but at 3200.00 all I saw was the news footage.
micksterlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
Mystickal_1
Earning My Ears

I haven't seen him there, but I have seen him ride a float in our Mardi Gras parades. You could tell it was him, even though he had a mask on. I guess it was fitting that he was on the Cheeseburger in Paradise float. The whole parade was themed after his songs. He very rarely plays near here and yet claims it as his home town. (Mobile, AL) Go Figure. I wish he would come here more often though. I can only remember 2 times in the last 15 years.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'February 18, 2005 8:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Motley Crue Concert Tampa, FL & 4 Days @ RPR </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'On the road again........';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Mystickal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #11
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

I am showing my age here a bit but my husband and some friends saw him at the World's Fair in 1984 in New Orleans in the open air arena that was set upon the riverfront for different artists. He and the band were awesome. We really, really had a good time. He looked like he was enjoying himself too.
Must have been the ships passing right behind the stage.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: