Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #331
TampaRobert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleeptildisney View Post
I've had no luck on meetup.com, as of yet..but my fingers are still crossed! Thank you for the info though! I really appreciate anything I can get. Will you be able to enjoy all the food and wine with a half marathon to prepare for?
Meetup is hit or miss with me, too...mostly miss. I have a couple groups I'm fairly active with - a beer group and my single parent group - but most of them, I've rarely or never done anything with. No specific reason - just a vibe or the event doesn't suit my taste.

I might have to postpone my food and wine indulgence until after the run. I like to think of drinking after you run as drinking more efficiently. I'm dehydrated so the alcohol effect kicks in quicker ;-)

If you decide to come down, let me know and I'll see if it's a weekend I can come over and hangout with you. Like I said, I don't want to miss it again this year.
TampaRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #332
nosleeptildisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaRobert View Post
Meetup is hit or miss with me, too...mostly miss. I have a couple groups I'm fairly active with - a beer group and my single parent group - but most of them, I've rarely or never done anything with. No specific reason - just a vibe or the event doesn't suit my taste.

I might have to postpone my food and wine indulgence until after the run. I like to think of drinking after you run as drinking more efficiently. I'm dehydrated so the alcohol effect kicks in quicker ;-)

If you decide to come down, let me know and I'll see if it's a weekend I can come over and hangout with you. Like I said, I don't want to miss it again this year.

I'll definitely keep you posted. Im booking very soon, so I'll have the set dates then.

Also, BEER GROUP?! WHAT! hellooooooo, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
I love, LOVE beer. Maybe we have something like that up here. I should check it out.

By the way, Ive definitely never heard of someone excited to drink dehydrated hilarious!
nosleeptildisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #333
TampaRobert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'll definitely keep you posted. Im booking very soon, so I'll have the set dates then.

Also, BEER GROUP?! WHAT! hellooooooo, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
I love, LOVE beer. Maybe we have something like that up here. I should check it out.

By the way, Ive definitely never heard of someone excited to drink dehydrated hilarious!
Drinking dehydrated is my little joke. I usually run after work, then I shower and meet friends. I usually have the first beer or two before I realize I haven't eaten yet....and my favorite beer is 8.9% abv so it packs a wallop - LOL.

Definitely keep me posted :-)
TampaRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #334
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello ! My name is Dominique, I live in NYC and I have been a Disney lover since...I came out of the womb! As a child I frequented WDW countless times. I love Hidden Mickeys, Disney movie trivia, Disney merchandise, soundtracks..you name it! I am DYING to go to the Food and Wine festival this year, since I will be turning 25 shortly before it starts. Unfortunately, I have no friends interested in going to Disney World, as they all think its for children (what Disney lover hasn't experience such nonsense?!) I am hoping to come across some people who may be able to steer me in the right way to find such a group of people interested in going to Disney, if such group exists! I was wondering if you ever came across a group (whether on meetup.com or not) of women (single, married, kids, whatever) who have a group..maybe they take an annual trip to Disney or something?

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thank you so much!
Yes the uninformed think Disney is just for kids, but we know better!

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #335
jmeadowsusn
Earning My Ears

My first solo trip

I am going to be heading to WDW December 15 - 21 staying at the Yacht Club resort nearby Epcot. I recently told my family members that I was going to Disney World by myself and recieved a lot of mixed feelings from them. Some went you're not going to have fun by yourself. That isn't 100 percent true. I took my girl friend to Disney World August of 2011 and honestly she kind of put a damper on the trip because of humidity and being cranky half the time. I am in the military, but I don't let rain or humidity ruin my vacation.

Has anyone been to Disney World during the December months? I know weather can be unpredictable, but I lived in Hawaii for the last three years so it will be an interesting expierience.

I have all of my dinner reservations already planned and reserved and as far as the other two meals I figure I would play by ear, also I am looking at purchasing a spa package for one of the afternoons or morning I am there for some relaxation and rejuvination any suggestions?
jmeadowsusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #336
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

Hey guys,

Since I last replied here I went on my first trip to Orlando. It was also my first solo holiday.

I got mixed reactions from friends and family about the holiday too since most wanted me to stay local or wait until people could go with me. After all, I was a 10 hour flight away if anything happened!

I remember looking on this thread and hearing loads of others going solo that it persuaded me to book it. I had the greatest time in my life.

I had such an awesome time, I'm going back this September too! Going solo is so much fun and I now recommend it to people I know.

Thanks to those on this thread last year for convincing me to go as it was one of the best decisions I made!
illuminatedillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #337
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeadowsusn View Post
I am going to be heading to WDW December 15 - 21 staying at the Yacht Club resort nearby Epcot. I recently told my family members that I was going to Disney World by myself and recieved a lot of mixed feelings from them. Some went you're not going to have fun by yourself. That isn't 100 percent true. I took my girl friend to Disney World August of 2011 and honestly she kind of put a damper on the trip because of humidity and being cranky half the time. I am in the military, but I don't let rain or humidity ruin my vacation.

Has anyone been to Disney World during the December months? I know weather can be unpredictable, but I lived in Hawaii for the last three years so it will be an interesting expierience.

I have all of my dinner reservations already planned and reserved and as far as the other two meals I figure I would play by ear, also I am looking at purchasing a spa package for one of the afternoons or morning I am there for some relaxation and rejuvination any suggestions?
December is wonderful!! We'll actually be leaving just as you're arriving. Lots of great decor and little holiday touches. The weather is unpredictable but often mild. You'll catch the beginning of the Christmas crowds, but the beginning of your trip should be pretty easy. I'm looking at spa packages now! I'm usually exhausted or hanging with the kiddos, so for my half adults only/halfsolo trip next month, I'm hoping to book a spa day or two!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #338
superdisneydork
Mouseketeer

First solo trip coming up this September!

9/11 to 9/15, staying at Pop, my family also gave me a ton of mixed feelings (mostly negative) about the trip, waste of money, I'll be lonely, etc....

Oh well, The only times in the past I haven't enjoyed the World was when I was getting dragged somewhere by a travel companion, so I'm really very excited for this.

That said, I'm not opposed to meeting up with some DISers if there is any overlap, or maybe meeting someone new while I'm there and making some new friends!
superdisneydork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #339
JeffryK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisneydork View Post

9/11 to 9/15, staying at Pop, my family also gave me a ton of mixed feelings (mostly negative) about the trip, waste of money, I'll be lonely, etc....

Oh well, The only times in the past I haven't enjoyed the World was when I was getting dragged somewhere by a travel companion, so I'm really very excited for this.

That said, I'm not opposed to meeting up with some DISers if there is any overlap, or maybe meeting someone new while I'm there and making some new friends!
Exactly the same here. ill be there from 30 aug untill 6 sept. It will be my 6th WDW visit but my first solo trip. Always open to anyone who wants to grab a bite, ride or just hang around for a little while.
JeffryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #340
mich723
Earning My Ears

Thought I'd post here as well. XP

I'm going to be a solo traveler from August 24th to August 28th. If anyone is interested in meeting up at the parks? Grabbing a drink? Anything of the sort, just let me know. Either send me a message or reply here, whatever is easier.

Also, random question: What is the lime green ribbons that I keep hearing mentioned? Does that signal that you're solo?
mich723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #341
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdisneydork View Post

I totally know how you feel! I'm taking my first solo trip 9/6 - 9/11 (we're just missing each other!) and got mostly negative or pitying responses from family.

I know I'm going to have fun so I just brush it off and know that they are the ones missing out!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #342
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

First solo trip 9/6 - 9/11. Don't mind meeting up with people for a ride or drink.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #343
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich723 View Post

Also, random question: What is the lime green ribbons that I keep hearing mentioned? Does that signal that you're solo?
the lime green ribbon isn't a sign you're solo, it's a sign you're a Dis-er.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000; Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL; Dec. 13 - 15 POR
DCL July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Nov. 23 - 30 Disney Magic
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #344
sleeper
Earning My Ears

Will be making another solo trip Aug. 26-30th - staying for the first time at YC. Super excited to be staying near Epcot.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #345
CreativeDreamer
Earning My Ears

Solo August 9 and 10. Hit me up if you need a partner in crime in the line, lol.
CreativeDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: