Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 02:12 AM   #1
steveyjc81
Mouseketeer

Just don't know what to do, or where to go!

Hi All,

Help!! Been to WDW many times before, and also cruised 3 times in as many years with DCL.

We'll be in Orlando (Bonnet Creek) for 5 nights in September, and am really stuck for what to do. It'll just be myself and my wife. We will probably spend one day in MK and another in Universal (if the lines for HP decrease). But what else can we do? Was looking at Hoop de foo and the Hawaiian show at Poly, but not sure if either are our thing. We've done La Nouba as recently as last year, so I don't fancy that again.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? It doesn't have to be Disney related.

Thanks, Stevey
steveyjc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
TipsyTraveler
Mouseketeer

My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun at Hoop Dee Doo. We also really enjoy Jellyrolls on the boardwalk, trying the different signature restaurants (favorites are Jiko, Cali Grill, and V&A), and taking one night to just chill in our room on the balcony with a bottle of wine. Of course, drinking around the world is also a good adult activity.
TipsyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #3
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, RPDE, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #4
CantSwim63
Earning My Ears

Hi, I don't know your dates so just did the throw out a bunch of ideas approach.

If you are foodies, and have tickets/park hoppers, the Epcot After Hours Wind Down is something that you might like (don't know when it ends and when Food and Wine Festival starts). So Food and Wind Festival is a big one lol.

This might be a couple of weird ideas since you can probably do this at home; but a "date" night at Splitsville (bowling and dinner) can be a good laugh, or booking a movie and dinner with bar service at the AMC might be considered unique for WDW.

Golf at WDW and offsite.

Non-Disney: If you like sushi and have a vehicle, MoonFish has a fantastic happy hour menu. Pretty sure September is Orlando Magical Dining Month so lots of prix fixe menus. Kennedy Space Center or Cape Canaveral or whatever they call it now. Catch a ball game. Drive to Tampa/Miami/Jacksonville on a Sunday and catch a football game. I think there is a traveling Cirque show sometime in September too.

Cheers! (I just realize I spend too much time solo in Orlando lol.)

Last edited by CantSwim63; Yesterday at 08:49 AM.
CantSwim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #5
bryanb
Earning My Ears

The 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is September 19 - November 10. It is an excellent way to experience Epcot, with food stands all around World Showcase. The tasting portions of food, desserts, beer, and wine are excellent and there are concerts in front of the American Adventure pavilion.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...wine-festival/
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: