Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2001, 11:07 AM   #1
happ7
Earning My Ears

american express

hi can anyone give me info on this??
if i use my american express card i can get discounts? how do i find out abou that?
thanks!
happ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 12:03 PM   #2
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

There are more American Express cards than you can shake a stick at!

Go to www.americanexpress.com to see the MANY different AMEX cards that are available. Some have an annual fee and some are free. Some give cash-back, some airline miles, some hotel points, etc. We have the Sheraton Starpoints card (actually an Optima card), and we get 1 Starwood point for every dollar charged. (Starwood is the parent company of Sheraton, Westin, Four Points...hotels.)

Here's a link for the American Express White Glove Program: http://www.wdwig.com/amex.htm

Benefits will probably change in 2001.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
EROS

Here's a synopsis. We use our Delta Skymiles American Express at Disney primarily to accumulate miles; we seldom have taken advantage of the other "white gloves" discounts,and I should note that we also have(had) a MKC card.

All benefits are subject to change without notice. White Glove Treatment benefits subject to change without notice.

Valid through 1/1/00 - 12/30/00

Free Millennium Themed White Glove Treatment hip pack at hotel check-in, one per party.

15% off merchandise on purchases of $50 or more at select Downtown Disney shops: World of Disney, Team Mickey, Disney's Days Of Christmas, Team Mickey, Pooh Corner, Disney at Home, Avigators and DTV. Restrictions apply so be sure to inquire at the store!

10% off meals, merchandise and 20% off selected seatings of the Gospel brunch at the HOUSE OF BLUES® at Downtown Disney. Call 407-934-BLUE.

At DisneyQuest receive 20% off the price of admission. 10% off merchandise at the DisneyQuest Emporium ; 10% off food and beverage purchases at The Cheesecake Factory® Express located inside DisneyQuest.

10% off select Dinner Shows: - 9:30 PM Hoop Dee Doo Revue; 5:15pm and 8:00pm Polynesian Luau shows . To receive this discount, reservations are required. Call 407-WDW-DINE and ask for White Glove Treatment.

20% off Disney's Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Courses

10% off lunch at Fulton's Crab House or Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney

10% off selected boating activities at Disney marinas

20% off Select Tours and Programs when you Charge them on Your American Express Card - To receive this discount, reservations are required. Call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations and information

EROS

Risk vs. Reward.
A Bird in the Hand vs. Two in the Bush.
Life vs. Death.

EROS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: