Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #136
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinecola
We will be making our first trip to Disney World on May 20-25 and I would be happy to do this for someone, but I also need someone to send for my boys. Any takers?

Michelle
We will be there May 10-15th, I could send you one from WDW on the 10th, if you think that's enough time !! PM me with your info., and I'll be more that happy to send your boys a postcard.

My 5 yr.olds got one yesterday, and thought it was so exciting that Mickey and Minnie can't wait to see them next month !!!

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 04-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #137
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Hey, Everyone
I'm planning to send our postcards out from DTD on our first
day at WDW. I've heard that there is a postoffice in DTD to
send them from. Do they sell stamps there also, or should I
take my own ? And, do they also sell postcards, or would I be
better off purchasing them from the World of disney store?
19 days to go !!!

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #138
minniegidget
Can't wait till I can go back to Disney

Talking I would love to

I will be going May 1st - 7th. I would love to be a FGM. The 1st 5 that pm me I will send out cards to. It can be for both adult and kids. Just let me know is it for a birthday, a up coming trip and who you would like to see a postcard from.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #139
iLoveEeyore2
Mouseketeer

We will be there 4/30 to 5/7/05. If you need postcards, please pm me. I'll send them to the first 5 I receive. Let me know if your child has a favorite character. I will try to match the postcard to their favorites (no promises!).
(Wish I had thought of this when my nephews went in January! They would have loved getting the postcards!)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 1x
Port Orleans Riverside/Dixie Landings - 4x's
Coronado Springs - 5x's
Caribbean Beach - 3x's
Contemporary - 1x
Grovesnor - 1x
Off Site - 6x's
Old 04-21-2005, 09:51 AM   #140
mdinecola
Mouseketeer

I have posted already, but not gotten a response, so here goes again - I will be there May 20-25 and would be happy to send postcards since I was lucky enough to have someone planning to send one to my boys. I will send to the first 5, so PM me if you would like one sent to you during my stay. Also, just as everyone else requests, let me know fav. character, event, etc.

Michelle
Old 04-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #141
Mom to Will and Finn
Longing for the Laughing Place

We'll be there May 24th - June 3rd and would be happy to send out postcards. I can do up to five people. Please pm me if you'd like one.

Eden

Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #142
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

July 2nd - 8th

Hi everyone - I will be in the World from July 2nd to the 8th and would be happy to send out 3 postcards when we are there. please send me a PM with your child/ren names and your address so i can Pay it Forward.. Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
Old 04-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #143
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser
Hey, Everyone
I'm planning to send our postcards out from DTD on our first
day at WDW. I've heard that there is a postoffice in DTD to
send them from. Do they sell stamps there also, or should I
take my own ? And, do they also sell postcards, or would I be
better off purchasing them from the World of disney store?
19 days to go !!!
The Wonderful World of Memories store sells postcards and can meter and mail them . I did mine last week and I would suggest writing the addresses in small print and getting them metered before you get them signed. The regular postcards didn't have any special requirements, however, the shaped postcards needed extra postage. The princess postcards were 50 cents to mail. I assume this will go up when regular postage increases this summer. I took my own stamps because I had Disney ones but I will probably not do that in the future.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #144
ophie
I've got color
...and I was yummy too
Starting a trippie is a delicate matter
, brought to you by a 70 cent wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
The princess postcards were 50 cents to mail.
Hang on there... where'd you hear that? Regular postcards (up to 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.23. Large postcards (over 6 inches long or 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.37. Then... large postcards require an additional $0.12 nonmachinable surcharge when any one of the following apply:

* Height exceeds 6-1/8 inches, or
* Length exceeds 11-1/2 inches, or
* Thickness exceeds 1/4 inch, or
* Length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

I don't remember the princess postcards fitting that criteria.
But sometimes when the Springtime comes and sifting moonlight falls, they'll think again of this night here and of these old brown walls. Of white old well and of Old South, with bell's deep booming tone, they'll think again of Chapel Hill and, thinking, come back home.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #145
soccermom5
Mouseketeer

Disney Gator THANK YOU I was at an afterschool program volunteering today when my littleone called me screaming because Mickey knows her house They are all excited you made the day of 5 extremely excited disney kids
Old 04-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #146
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophie
Hang on there... where'd you hear that? Regular postcards (up to 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.23. Large postcards (over 6 inches long or 4-1/4 inches high) are $0.37. Then... large postcards require an additional $0.12 nonmachinable surcharge when any one of the following apply:

* Height exceeds 6-1/8 inches, or
* Length exceeds 11-1/2 inches, or
* Thickness exceeds 1/4 inch, or
* Length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

I don't remember the princess postcards fitting that criteria.
I just measured a left over princess card. It is 5 3/4 inches x 6 1/4. These cards are cloud shaped ( for lack of a better description) with a banner at the bottom that says Walt Disney World and has Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. It does say on the card extra postage required but I thought postcards weren't the cost of a regular letter. I believe the woman at the store said the regular postcards were 23 cents but I put the Disney stamps on them. I grabbed my receipt and it says 7 qty\ $.50 stamp total $3.50.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #147
ophie
I've got color
...and I was yummy too
Starting a trippie is a delicate matter
, brought to you by a 70 cent wish

Okay... now I'm really confused. I have sent one of the giant Mickey postcards with a $0.37 (regular stamp) and it arrived at its destination. I would think that, if anything needed extra, it'd be that one. I really can't figure this. I sent the exact princess one you're talking about recently. I guess I'll have to hold my breath now...
But sometimes when the Springtime comes and sifting moonlight falls, they'll think again of this night here and of these old brown walls. Of white old well and of Old South, with bell's deep booming tone, they'll think again of Chapel Hill and, thinking, come back home.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:37 AM   #148
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophie
Okay... now I'm really confused. I have sent one of the giant Mickey postcards with a $0.37 (regular stamp) and it arrived at its destination. I would think that, if anything needed extra, it'd be that one. I really can't figure this. I sent the exact princess one you're talking about recently. I guess I'll have to hold my breath now...
Sorry, I really don't mean to confuse you. I was just taken by surprise that the princess ones were extra postage and I didn't want anyone else to get sticker shock. I'm wondering though if this is why some people haven't gotten their cards?! I had to specifically ask about the extra postage. I tend to over organize and I didn't want to mess up my first fairy godmailing. Maybe if someone is going there soon they might have a little extra time to speak with someone about it. I was being pulled in 3 directions by my kids and was trying to hurry.
I don't want to scare anyone off, Please keep paying it forward
Old 04-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #149
dani12
Mouseketeer

Thank you to our fairy godmailers; we received our postcards and my kids, DD5 and DD4 are super excited and we are willing to do this for another lucky family. We will be there May 4th-10th if you are interested. I will take the first 5 people that PM me (we have a stack to do ourselves). Please send me their favorite charactor and I will do my best to get them and tell me what you would like it to say. Again, thanks fairy godmailers, you made our day!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #150
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani12
Thank you to our fairy godmailers; we received our postcards and my kids, DD5 and DD4 are super excited and we are willing to do this for another lucky family. We will be there May 4th-10th if you are interested. I will take the first 5 people that PM me (we have a stack to do ourselves). Please send me their favorite charactor and I will do my best to get them and tell me what you would like it to say. Again, thanks fairy godmailers, you made our day!
Dani12
I PM'ed you. Glad we could help.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: