Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #1
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quick question about the "plus" option on tickets

I can't seem to find this "exact" info anywhere.

If you buy just ONE day tickets and add the "plus" option-- how many plusses do you get on there? Everything I've seen says tickets for 1-3 days gets 2 plusses. Is this the case? I sure hope so, because buying one day ticket for 4 people then adding the plus option adds $180! Surely that's not for "one" plus? The only reason I'm considering this is because to use our old park hopper plus tickets and all of us have the same amount of "days & plusses" -I'd need one adult ticket and 1 child ticket (regular tickets). HOWEVER, ofcourse the old tickets plusses did not include DQ. So I thought I'd just go ahead and get us all 1 day tickets and add the plusses so it would include 1 day at DQ for all of us (the old park hopper tickets would end up with a day left on some tickets- but those are non-expiration tickets so that's not a bother).

But I'm trying to figure out how many "plusses" it adds to 1 day tickets when you go with that option? Is it 2 days? Or one?

Thanks
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Lucky4me
****!

Buying one day tickets and adding on the plus options would be an extra $45 for two options.

So for an adult- 1 day, 1 park at $59.75 + $45 = $104.75
Child- 1 day-1 park- $48.00 + $45= $93 Add the hopping feature to those and you're talking $139.75 for an adult! Ouch.

If you know you will be going back again in the future your best bet would be to buy everyone a 10 day non exp with plus options at ticketmania or another ticket broker. If you had kids under 9, those passes would be good even if they are over 10 on their next visits. The brokers only sell 3 day or higher passes.

We'll be doing that next year and those passes which have 5 plusses on them should last us 3 visits to WDW, maybe 4. It ends up coming out so much cheaper per day. That's if you can get past the initial outlay of the big bucks.

Good luck!
Lucky4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

If you did buy the one day pass with plusses, you get two plusses. You could go to a water park and to Disney Quest (or to Disney Quest on two different days).

Consider buying a Disney Quest only admission. If the rest of that day and perhaps another day is spent only at a water park or Pleasure Island, you won't consume a "day" off of your old hopper plus passes and may very well not need to buy any more theme park admission.

Currently the seven day pass that expires and that you consume completely, and the ten day with non-expiration*, are the best bargains.

Save the old passes for use on the last few days of a vacation where your planning left you one or two days short, or if you are in town for just a short visit.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

* Suggestion: Start your vacation using the new pass and don't buy the non-expiration immediately. Near the end of your vacation figure out what will be left and then decide whether to add non-expiration then. It is usually better (depending on how many plusses also remain) to let the last day of a 7 day pass or the last 2 days of a 10 day pass expire.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-16-2005 at 11:45 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Mousefanz
Cable Girl

Plus admission clarification

One more question about plus admissions -

I've noticed in the most of the info from DISNEY - it states:
one admission to Pleasure Island
one admission to Typhoon Lagoon
one admission to Blizzard Beach
etc...
it makes it sound like you can't use all your plus admissions on one park - which I've done in the past (all PI). Is that true or am I reading too much into it?

Thanks!
Sheryl

DVC 2001
Mousefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #5
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousefanz
One more question about plus admissions -

I've noticed in the most of the info from DISNEY - it states:
one admission to Pleasure Island
one admission to Typhoon Lagoon
one admission to Blizzard Beach
etc...
it makes it sound like you can't use all your plus admissions on one park - which I've done in the past (all PI). Is that true or am I reading too much into it?

Thanks!
Sheryl
You can use your plus admissions however you choose. If you want to use two admissions to the same venue, you can absolutely do that.
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: