Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

I'm new and Magic Music Days

Hello all! I've been doing tons of lurking since getting a WDW vacation from my DH for Christmas (3/12-3/17 @ POFQ) and am getting SO much good advice and tips! THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I'm a music educator and, of course, am familiar with Magic Music Days. I missed out on it my senior year in high school, though..... long story and teaching elementary like I do, I'll never go; BUT I would like to know WHERE to look for high school groups that are performing. Does anyone know what parks, what locations, etc....???

My little bro's GF (who's drum major of her high school band) will be playing and I know they're marching in a parade at MK, but where does all the other fun happen??

Thanks a bunch!
Denice T.
Olathe, KS
jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

I did a search and actually couldn't find anything for you. So hopefully a Diser will be able to help you out.

I just wanted to welcome you to the DIS. There is so much info here that will make planning your trip a cinch!!
kilee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #3
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

I participated in Magic Music Days twice while in high school.

The first time, we performed before the Saturday night Spectromagic parade in the Magic Kingdom.

The second time, we performed before the Magical Moments afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom.

Both were great experiences, and now we are going back in April with my little sister's marching band.

I don't know if this is still true, as I went 5 years ago, but last time there were high school performers all over the place, like Tomorrowland Stage, before the parades in the Magic Kingdom, at the stage across from the America pavilion in Epcot.

There should be a guide you can pick up for the time period you are there that should tell you where all the performers are.

Have fun, when are you going?
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #4
JCTigger
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust

they do also perform all around the parks tommorrowland stage, theres a stage in Epcot going towards living seas ive seen them there as well but mostly in the parades
*Aug 08 Caribbean Beach (niece's 5th b-day grand gathering)* Oct 07 AS Music * Aug 07 Pop Century (solo trip) * Feb 07 off site * Nov 06 off site * Oct 05 AS Movies (solo trip) * Feb-Aug 01 College Program BTMRR * June 00 Disney Wonder (h/s graduation present) * tons of trips as a child*[/SIZE]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccd9oil5v8.png[/img]

[img]http://***********************/index.php/main/banner/52939.png[/img]

And that money is going towards my Disney Trip!
JCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #5
eeyore0062
Downtown Disney Diva and Ultimate Disney Dreamer

Talking

Hope these help you out!

Here is the official site:
http://disneyyouthprograms.disney.go...cDaysIndexPage

http://disneyyouthprograms.disney.go...amsPerformPage

http://www.academictravel.com/orlandoper.htm
Dixie Landings 1993,1998, 2003; Wilderness Lodge 2000; The Contemporary 2002, Caribbean Beach Resort 2002, Port Orleans French Quarter 2002, All Star Music, 2003, The Polynesian 2004, PoP Century, June 2005.... upcoming- Coronado Springs, Oct 2005.......... longing to stay at the Beach Club at some point in the future

Have a Disney Day!!!!
eeyore0062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
The french Disneyan
Thierry the French Disneyan

welcome to this happy place jpeka65844 ,welcome
The french Disneyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
elemusing

Hi! I am a music teacher too! And I also teach elementary - so Magic Music Days are probably going to be out for me too unless I transfer up some day. But our middle school choir director is taking the choir on May 5. Wish I could go, but I have a spring music program to direct that night.

I have seen all kinds of bands usually before the main parades and then the choirs usually perform at the stage in Tomorrowland off to the side past Buzz Lightyear. And if I remember correctly, the performing groups are listed in the entertainment guide sometimes as well.

Have fun and glad to meet another music educator here on the Dis!

Angie
'14 - AoA -DS's marching band at MK!'14 - DL First Trip! GC
elemusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
john2u
DIS Veteran

Location: Picayune, Mississippi - 10 hrs from the Happiest Place on Earth

Hi and welcome to the family
Feb. 2004 Port Orleans Riversiderincess: Dec. 2004 Wilderness Lodge June 2005 Disneylandixiedust: Jan. 2006 Carribean Beachirate: May 2006 Disneyland : : Oct. 2006 Polynesian Feb. 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
john2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

My son's HS band played this summer at the Tomorrowland stage.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #10
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

In Epcot there's a stage just behind Innoventions (west?-anyways, the side by Living Seas). Since DS is a music major, high school band was his life, I always go to see the kids perform. I've had some parents thank me for being there-it seems alot that the only ones at the performances are the parents of the kids performing-and me! I'm one of these crazy people who gets teary eyed when the kids march down Main Street, usually before one of the parades, thinking about the wonderful memories they'll have. So please, so go see them!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #11
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844
I'm a music educator and, of course, am familiar with Magic Music Days. ... and teaching elementary like I do, I'll never go.
Actually, MMD does an "Elementary Music Showcase" every spring, and several elementary school groups have performed. Generally, we're talking 4th-6th graders here, although the Spring Showcase has all ages.

Just FYI ...

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #12
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844
BUT I would like to know WHERE to look for high school groups that are performing. Does anyone know what parks, what locations, etc....???
If you go to Steve Soare's site:

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

he lists groups and performing locations at each park. Just click on the park and look for Guest Group info.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #13
jahexom
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I'm a High School Band Director and we performed at the stage at DDT across from Legoland in April of 2001. We hope to go again in the next couple of years. The day we were there thay had groups performing on that stage all afternoon. Have fun.

Jen
jahexom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: