Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #1036
lisatav
Mouseketeer

Hello! My name is Lisa and i'm 21 year old. Currently I am a senior nursing student and I live in NY. I've been lurking on the boards for a few weeks but decided i'd finally post something. My next trip to WDW is a short New Years Eve trip with my mom. I've always gone during off peak (January) so i'm looking forward to seeing how crazy New Years Eve will be!
lisatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #1037
icandothefrug
Earning My Ears

Hello! My names Maria, I'm 21 and a senior majoring in Costume Design in North Carolina, though I'm from Florida. My family might as well live at Disney were always there being we live only a few hours away haha.
I'll be in the Spring 2013 College Program in Costuming, I can't wait!!
icandothefrug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1038
princessang33
Earning My Ears

Me

Im Angie I am 26 and I am from New Jersey. I have been lurking on this board since the applications came out for the spring. This board was a total lifesaver for me and now I will be working in merchandise for spring advantage 2013.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1039
podicat1
Earning My Ears

Well hey, I'm Megan. I'm 19 years old living down in Texas. Just graduated from high school this year and now enjoying my first semester of college hoping next semester I'll be enjoying WDW as a CP!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1040
BowtiesAreCool
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm Catherine, but I also go by Rin from time to time. I'm still 17 (my birthday is next month) and I'm in my first semester of College. I'm from Connecticut, and I just applied for Spring Advantage 2013.
BowtiesAreCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #1041
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Hello, everyone. (: My name is Taylor, and I'm from Colorado. I'm eighteen years old, and I just applied for the college program. I'm very excited and nervous. My phone interview is next Thursday. (:
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #1042
Dreams1851
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! My name is Hayley and I am an Apparel Merchandising and French major at Washington State University! I was just accepted for the Spring 2013 CP in the Merchandise role. I haven't picked my arrival date yet but I am very excited!
Dreams1851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #1043
amayzingbailey
Earning My Ears

Howdy! I'm Bailey, I'm 22 and a senior at St. Cloud State University in MN, majoring in Communications with a minor in Theatre. I just got accepted to the Spring Program 2013 in Merchandise (even though it wasn't something I asked for)! I plan to audition for a character performer in Chicago and I hope that goes well for me, but even if it doesn't, Disney is Disney and I'm sure I'll be happy doing whatever is thrown at me.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #1044
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayzingbailey View Post
Howdy! I'm Bailey, I'm 22 and a senior at St. Cloud State University in MN, majoring in Communications with a minor in Theatre. I just got accepted to the Spring Program 2013 in Merchandise (even though it wasn't something I asked for)! I plan to audition for a character performer in Chicago and I hope that goes well for me, but even if it doesn't, Disney is Disney and I'm sure I'll be happy doing whatever is thrown at me.
I have been browsing these boards since I applied for this program last week, but little did I expect to see someone from my own college here. I have been accepted for the Spring Advantage 2013 program in Merchandise. (Seems they sent out those today).

I am 20 years going on 21, an awkward junior/senior, majoring in Business Management.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #1045
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Wow, quite the group here-- Welcome to the Disboards!

I can only pull the tour guide routine so long, but I'll be your skipper!

Best of luck to those of you who have applied for Spring 2013, and those that have been accepted, Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musings View Post
I have been browsing these boards since I applied for this program last week, but little did I expect to see someone from my own college here. I have been accepted for the Spring Advantage 2013 program in Merchandise. (Seems they sent out those today).

I am 20 years going on 21, an awkward junior/senior, majoring in Business Management.
Belated welcome to the board, and congrats on being accepted for Merchandise. There's a lot of business majors, what's your background in?

Also, it seems that if colleges get one student accepted, another is most likely to be accepted into the program (as far as I've seen).

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney

Last edited by RogerRadcliffe; 10-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #1046
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Wow, quite the group here-- Welcome to the Disboards!

I can only pull the tour guide routine so long, but I'll be your skipper!

Best of luck to those of you who have applied for Spring 2013, and those that have been accepted, Congrats!

Belated welcome to the board, and congrats on being accepted for Merchandise. There's a lot of business majors, what's your background in?

Also, it seems that if colleges get one student accepted, another is most likely to be accepted into the program (as far as I've seen).
I have a choice to be human resources or operations, I am going with human resources but my university has a general management major. Then HR and operations are minors. I plan to go on to graduate school after this. I only plan to do DCP once and then head to graduate school after next year. (As exciting as I am sure it will be, I have other places I want to explore and visit. :P)
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #1047
hme91
Earning My Ears

Howdy, y'all! My name is Holly, and I'm a senior communication major from Houston, Texas, but more importantly, I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2013! A-WHOOP!

It's been a long-time dream of mine to work for Disney, and I recently accepted my Disney College Program offer to participate as a concierge in the spring! I'm really looking forward to networking opportunities and creating magic!
hme91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #1048
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Hello Holly, Welcome! Also, a big congratulations on accepting the concierge role, really a wonderful choice!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #1049
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Hello, everyone. (: My name is Taylor, and I'm from Colorado. I'm eighteen years old, and I just applied for the college program. I'm very excited and nervous. My phone interview is next Thursday. (:
Little late on my part but hooray for fellow Coloradoans! I love seeing others on the board. Especially other college kids. Hope your interview went well!
unbrelievable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #1050
hme91
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
hme91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: