Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #931
merfsko
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone, I'm Meredyth!

I've been reading a lot of the posts here, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I completed the International College Program last summer- I worked Custodial in Magic Kingdom, and I absolutely LOVED it. If you don't mind doing the work, I think it's probably one of the better jobs in the park (although I might be a bit biased ) So if anyone has any questions about Custodial, feel free to PM me!!!

I'm planning on applying for a Professional Internship in Education in 2012, so I'm really hoping all goes well for that!
DLR x2
merfsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #932
dsd83
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm Danielle, and I will be 23 in August, and I'm a Communications major. I'm arriving August 17 for Fall 2011 Attractions!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #933
MiniatureMoose
Earning My Ears

Hey guys!

I'm Sabra, and I'm currently a 5th year Theatre Studies major at Illinois State University. I am graduating in May (at least I better be *shakes fist at the registration office*), and will be starting the DCP in Florida June 13 in Costuming for the Fall Advantage Program.

As of 12:14 this morning, I am 23 years old.
MiniatureMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #934
mpetras1
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I'm Megan and I'm currently a Junior at Kent State University. I just applied/interviewed for the Fall Advantage or Fall 2011 program.

I'm twenty years old and am majoring in Graphic Design.

I hope to do a professional internship with Disney for Graphic Design after the College Program. (If I get in!)
mpetras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #935
oneillj17499
Earning My Ears

Hello, everyone!

I'm Jim, 21, a junior from Yardley, PA (a small little town about 30 miles north of Philadelphia.)

I can't wait to meet so meet so many new people and help try to make so many's vacations great!

I'm doing attractions for Fall Advantage 2011. I've never actually been to Disney World (I have been to Disneyland once) so I'm so stoked to get down there and just my adventure!
oneillj17499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #936
Holly_Golightly
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneillj17499 View Post
I'm Jim, 21, a junior from Yardley, PA (a small little town about 30 miles north of Philadelphia.)
My Aunt and Uncle that I frequently visit live in Yardley! I love the town, it's such a nice area

My name is Leah, I'm 22 yrs old and will be graduating from college this May with a degree in Business and concentration in marketing.

I just got accepted for Merchandise for Fall Adv. 2011, and have a phone interview this Wednesday for 2 marketing-related PIs. Either way I'll definitely be on the Disney pay roll soon.

I'm super excited since it's been my dream to work for Disney for many years now. I'm kind of shy in person but do love meeting new people, so feel free to friend me on facebook or follow me on twitter (links are in my siggy). I'd love to get to know other Fall/Fall advantage cast members!
Holly_Golightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #937
Holly_Golightly
Disney Dreamer

I was in the middle of editing my sig in a different tab so I guess it didn't show in my previous post. Sorry!

add me on: Twitter

Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #938
TheWickerMan
Earning My Ears

I'm Mark, I'm 20 (but will be 21 when on the program) and I'm going to be doing Attractions for the fall program. Really can't wait for this, I'm wicked excited. I'm from Boston, and I've gotta say that this forum was very helpful in the time between my presentation and my acceptance. I was compulsively checking my email every five minutes after my interview haha
TheWickerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #939
altjd191
Earning My Ears

Hey there...my name is Jon. I am from Syracuse, NY. I go to school at SUNY Potsdam. I am a communications major. I got merchandise for the fall advantage program! Move in May 23!

If anyone wants to chat....shoot me an email....jdawdwcp@gmail.com

or find me on facebook-Jon Alt

Hope to hear from people
altjd191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #940
alyssaxlove
Earning My Ears

My name is Alyssa, I'm twenty years old.
I currently live in Nacogdoches,Texas studying at Stephen F. Austin State University,and preparing to be an English High School teacher,evetually college
I've been accepted in Fall Advantage at Florida, I am so excited!
You can add me on facebook if you'd like:Alyssa Love

http://alyssalovedisney.blogspot.com/
alyssaxlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #941
Lauren528
Earning My Ears

Hey I'm Lauren!

I am from outside of Chicago. I'm 20 years old and a sophomore at Iowa State University. I am an apparel merchandising major specializing in PR and event management and I will be down at Disney for the Fall Advantage program this year for merchandise! I move in on May 23rd

Can't wait to meet those of you who are going to be down there for Fall/Fall Advantage!

Last edited by Lauren528; 03-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Lauren528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #942
ixDreamxofxDisney
Earning My Ears

Hey I'm Kayla!

I'm currently a sophomore at Eastern CT State University and I'm studying business administration. I'm hoping to get into the Fall 2011 CP, I just had my phone interview yesterday morning so I'm nervous to see how I did!

I'm constantly on here trying to see how good of a chance I have at getting in lol
1994 - Wilderness Lodge * 1996 - Wilderness Lodge * 1999 - Wilderness Lodge * 09/2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 08/2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 04/2006 - Pop Century * 08/2006 - Port Orleans RS/Polynesian * 08/2007 - Caribbean Beach * 11/2008 - Saratoga Springs * 07/2009 - Saratoga Springs/Port Orleans RS/Animal Kingdom Lodge

2006 - Wonder Cruise * 2008 - Magic Thanksgiving Cruise * 2010 - Magic Mediterranean Cruise * 2011 - Magic Thanksgiving Cruise

Fall 2012 DCP - Main Entrance Operations
ixDreamxofxDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #943
Holly_Golightly
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixDreamxofxDisney View Post
Hey I'm Kayla!

I'm currently a sophomore at Eastern CT State University and I'm studying business administration. I'm hoping to get into the Fall 2011 CP, I just had my phone interview yesterday morning so I'm nervous to see how I did!

I'm constantly on here trying to see how good of a chance I have at getting in lol
Congrats on getting the phone interview! I bet you have pretty good chance of getting in, especially if you were on the boards at all before you interviewed (I know just reading about the program in general, and especially the boards about the interview really helped me feel prepared for mine).

Good luck with the waiting! What role(s) are you hoping for?

add me on: Twitter

Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #944
ixDreamxofxDisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks Holly!

I put down Attractions, QSFB, FSFB and Merchandise as my top 4. If everyone here on the college board is right (which hopefully they are lol) then I have a good chance by putting down QSFB haha
1994 - Wilderness Lodge * 1996 - Wilderness Lodge * 1999 - Wilderness Lodge * 09/2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 08/2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * 04/2006 - Pop Century * 08/2006 - Port Orleans RS/Polynesian * 08/2007 - Caribbean Beach * 11/2008 - Saratoga Springs * 07/2009 - Saratoga Springs/Port Orleans RS/Animal Kingdom Lodge

2006 - Wonder Cruise * 2008 - Magic Thanksgiving Cruise * 2010 - Magic Mediterranean Cruise * 2011 - Magic Thanksgiving Cruise

Fall 2012 DCP - Main Entrance Operations
ixDreamxofxDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #945
pinke7319
Earning My Ears

Hmmm I'm Liz, I'm a 20-year-old sophomore studying at Ohio University, although I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I am undecided between my Hotel & Tourism major and Interior Design. However I am quite content with my business and studio art minor!

I labeled Disney as my dream job when I was...oh, 10 and now I think I've decided it's time to go for it!

For whatever reason I have always favored Lady and the Tramp, going to some strange lengths such as buying a cocker spaniel when my parents said I could get a puppy I think the movie represents a classier time and everything I love about disney
pinke7319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: