Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 PM   #31
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTigger
Congrats are you staying at you location or are you changing locations? ... I'm with ya and the hockey i love going to hockey games ( not totally versed in all that everything means but im getting the hang of it) its a bummer that the NHL isnt playing this season i was going to try and go to a bruins game for the first time normally i just go to college games

~Jill
For the time being, I'm staying in my same location. However, I applied for FT in 4 areas, none of which is the one I'm in currently.

College Hockey is my game ... the NHL is fun, but it's too expensive for me. Between college puck and juniors and minor leagues, I can usually get my hockey fix ... it's difficult to do down here, but that doesn't stop me from trying.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #32
JCTigger
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust

ive never been to an NHL game but i work in the city and my train stops right at the fleetcenter where the bruins play so my friend and i who also works with me wanted to try and get to at least one game this season but alas this didnt work out... i would have loved to play hockey but i busted my knee and cant even skate anymore it hurts to much and im still learning the game i grew up in a house were sports werent a big thing so im figuring it out on my own now i mainly just go to college games since its only like 10 bucks a game for me
*Aug 08 Caribbean Beach (niece's 5th b-day grand gathering)* Oct 07 AS Music * Aug 07 Pop Century (solo trip) * Feb 07 off site * Nov 06 off site * Oct 05 AS Movies (solo trip) * Feb-Aug 01 College Program BTMRR * June 00 Disney Wonder (h/s graduation present) * tons of trips as a child*[/SIZE]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccd9oil5v8.png[/img]

[img]http://***********************/index.php/main/banner/52939.png[/img]

And that money is going towards my Disney Trip!
JCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #33
KingKobra
The TF is glad Rob is laying off that bug spray!!!

Hey guys I'm Rob. I'm 19 and a freshman at Boston University. My current major is international relations with a minor in journalism. I hope to do the college program sometime in the near future so i'll def be on here a lot askin questions.

Cast Member Blog (a work in progress)
Disney CP Guide
KingKobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #34
grlpwrd
I'm here for the mouse more than the Fairy
Yeah? But can the mouse do this?
~*~The Tag Fairy~*~
I'm part treehugger

I'm also really, really grown up. :D

I'm 37 and I am slowly, but surely finishing my bachelor's at a public university here in Virginia - I have stalkers (yikes) so I keep the name mum. I have about 24 classes to go. I plan to eventually make it to the College of William and Mary to attend law school or earn my MBA.

I've previously attended U of WA (go huskies!), Seattle U, and William and Mary for some courses. That is what happens when you change your major 4 times, get married and have kids (I have 4 with one on the way), move around a lot because of my hubby's lucrative career, and live too comfortably in the suburbs. lol

BTW my hubby lives and works in NY for now (he's a contract design engineer - a "jobshopper") and I stay put to finish school. We're strange that way, though, as we have lived this lifestyle since 1998.

Last edited by grlpwrd; 01-05-2005 at 08:56 PM.
grlpwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #35
JCTigger
All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKobra
Hey guys I'm Rob. I'm 19 and a freshman at Boston University. My current major is international relations with a minor in journalism. I hope to do the college program sometime in the near future so i'll def be on here a lot askin questions.
ask all the questions you need theres a bunch of us alumni to help answer them...
I would wait till you are at least second semester sophmore to try and do the program i did it right off freshman year and had a hard time getting back in the swing of things in school plus youll want to stay there like SyracuseWolvrine did i know i didnt want to come home but i had to sadly!! :jumping4:
*Aug 08 Caribbean Beach (niece's 5th b-day grand gathering)* Oct 07 AS Music * Aug 07 Pop Century (solo trip) * Feb 07 off site * Nov 06 off site * Oct 05 AS Movies (solo trip) * Feb-Aug 01 College Program BTMRR * June 00 Disney Wonder (h/s graduation present) * tons of trips as a child*[/SIZE]

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/jj0v9zccd9oil5v8.png[/img]

[img]http://***********************/index.php/main/banner/52939.png[/img]

And that money is going towards my Disney Trip!
JCTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #36
ARCard
Earning My Ears

Last edited by ARCard; 08-23-2014 at 02:00 PM.
ARCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #37
FutureAshleyDukes
DIS Veteran
Hot dog, I love that weenie man!

I'm Ashley, I'm 21, and am an English Ed. major. I haven't been to WDW since I was 12, but I can't wait to go with my DF for our wedding next January!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #38
figfan2002
Earning My Ears

Hiya. I'm Mel, I'm 20, and a junior at Indiana University... I've loved Disney since before I can remember and going again in March. Cant wait!
figfan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 AM   #39
tazz23
Much more than just a Registered User

Hi!

Im Tammy and im at the University of Nottingham in England studing Biochemisty and Genetics (and a little spanish). Originally from Brighton on the south of England. Big disney fan! Been to disneyworld only 3 times now- twice with family and went with rich, dcentity2000 (infact suzy (pigsoldier) hes at the university of southampton!) last september! also been to disneyland paris twice

Hello everyone!
tazz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #40
PigSoldier
to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free

How brilliant, another Southampton Disney fan! That town's definately a bit short on people who appreciate the genius of Carousel of Progress. The philistines.

Nottingham's a lovely university, I've got a few friends up there. And nothing is more fun than sitting in a pub called the Robin Hood IN Nottingham. But then, I'm easily pleased

PigSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #41
daughter_of_amid_chaos
very very very careful about what I post
Daniel thinks I'm a REBEL! ;)

I'm Norah. I'm 19 (turning 20 in May YEAH). Yeah I am the mod..please don't hate me
I am a second semester sophomore at DePauw University in Indiana. Yes that is DePauw with a W. I do NOT go to DePauL and I do NOT go to school in Chicago.
I am a history major, biology minor.
Member of Delta Gamma sorority.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #42
WDWsocstar12
Earning My Ears

Hey, I'm Heather from LI, NY but sadly must return to SC for school in a few days. I am a Junior, Sport Management major at Winthrop University. I did the college program this past Spring as a lifeguard. I worked mostly at the All-Star resorts but I also got the opportunity to work at the CR and GF. I plan to do a CP intership next year, I just can't get enough of Disney.
WDWsocstar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #43
Lola
I will not gain the Freshmen 15!
I'm jealous of my mom's tag
Be careful what you ask for ;-)

Smile

I'm Laura... 19, and a sophomore at Rowan in NJ, majoring in Communications with a specialization in Advertising and Public Relations... possibly transfering to Montclair State in the fall. I've been to Disney World like 15 times, Disney Land once, and I've been on the Disney Cruise too...
Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #44
Luvdancink
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm Kristy. I'm 20. I just graduated from LPN school, and I have a year to go for my RN. I love disney and my boyfriend has never been so I'd like to take him.

~Kristy
Luvdancink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #45
daughter_of_amid_chaos
very very very careful about what I post
Daniel thinks I'm a REBEL! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola
I'm Laura... 19, and a sophomore at Rowan in NJ, majoring in Communications with a specialization in Advertising and Public Relations... possibly transfering to Montclair State in the fall. I've been to Disney World like 15 times, Disney Land once, and I've been on the Disney Cruise too...
OMG I havent seen you on here in forever!!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: