Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

DanandJackie Trip Report Christmas 04 Day 2

Day 2ÖWake up in the Hilton DTD at 6.30, our breakfast is wheeled into the room and after a quick shower to wake up we're ready to leave..Itís still looking dark outside and it appears to have been raining the night before.. A quick check on the weather channel confirms that rain is indeed expected and we should expect it go cooler.. After assembling a collection of clothing we head out to the car only to return back to the room to grab an extra jumper..ITS COLD.

Arrive early at Sea World its only 5-10mins down the road and park in the 2nd row of cars thatís arrived.. At the rope/chain drop we wait with about 6 other people. Do Sea World know something that we donít or has the entire population of Florida decided itís far to cold to leave the house.

After the rope drop itís straight onto Kraken to join the queue. Well I say Q itís actually us and one family from Yorkshire. We ride it once on the front row then re-ride and then have another go from the Back Row basically on our own. I think the CMís are looking at us slightly bemused. Have to say I love this ride and it sure does wake you up early in the morning. The initial drop is one of those nice imminent death approaching moments we both so love on coasters and thereís plenty of different types of inversions. Absolutely great.

We noticed after the 2nd time climbing up the initial drop that it was starting to spit with rain on and off so we decide to play it safe and make the poncho purchase. This turns out to be wise because as soon as we leave the shop it starts spitting more persistently, however we walk straight onto Journey to Atlantis which seems very tame after Kraken though the first drop is nice. We appear to be the only people foolish enough to be riding this in the cold rain.

So after one more Kraken (just to make sure) we have a good look inside the penguin encounter. These guys are so cute.

Next its time for the Clyde and Seymour show. This is as great as always though I have to feel for the Trainer dressed as the captain who takes the dive from the top of the boat into the pool. She is standing at the exit after the show wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and is looking blue in the face, She must be frozen. Although the air temp is ok when the wind is down, everytime the wind does pick up it feels like zero.

We then go to Pets Ahoy show which is V Good though Danny is thinking that if the female blonde presenters talk in a much higher squeaky voice all the glass in the building will surely shatter. This show is actually a sell out probably because its indoors and warm.

Next to the Stingray Lagoon and to feed the gummy creatures. Its like putting you're hand next to a very strong underwater vacumn cleaner as they suck the fish from between your fingers with those big floppy mouths. Such fun though, I find myself trying to make sure the smaller ones get there fair share.

Then to Dolphin Cove, the dolphins keep teasing us by coming up then turning away with a quick flick and splashing us. One Jumps in front of Danny and soaks his trousers but at least the waters warm.

Next we are off to Sharks Underwater Grill, for which we had made PS, for a long leisurely lunch which is beautiful. I`ll put the details and pictures for that in a separate meals report. We get an excellent booth looking out into the tank, great view and so mesmerising. Part way into the meal as the restaurant starts to fill up we realise everyone is coming in absolutely soaked through. The rain has finally come big style Ė oh no.

After a couple of hours over lunch we go to the duelling pianos show and sing a long with the carols and the odd Barry Manilow song as the players simply ask for any requestsÖNice and warm and dry in here as well.

Next the wild arctic simulator which 2 secs after starting grinds to a halt and the exit doors open. But we the brave helicopter full of intrepid explorers who have braved the rain on Christmas day refuse to move until the CMís sort it out and start us off again.

Then we go for a look at the Polar Bear whoís hiding in a corner(probably a warm spot) and the beluga whales.

We go to the 3.30pm Shamu show. Itís as wonderful as I always remember and I am always so moved to see these powerful animals in action, such shear power and grace and agility. The trainers are so amazing diving down with the whales to achieve those almighty jumps. It was great to see the baby doing its first few tricks as well.

We then went to have a look at the Clydesdale Horses being prepared and then to the Manatees who are so gentle though it was tea time for them which seemed to consist of Iceberg Lettuce. Lastly a quick look around the Tropical Area but its getting so wet and cold now we decide to head back to the Hotel for a warm bath before we get dinner.

Dinner is at Fultons Crab House in DTD , a PS I made 90days ago, so in trepidation of seeing if this system actually works, we walk over to DTD and check in with no problems, DTD is only a 5min walk from the pool exit of the hotel though the Pedestrian crossing over the road is hilarious giving you 45secs to get across which it counts down in large letters, (God help you if you canít walk fast). We wait around 15mins in the bar lounge of fultons where I am served the strongest Campari and Soda ever, I think he poured so much Campari in there wasnít enough room for the Soda, before we are seated on the 2nd floor of the steamer for Dinner.. Lobster it is then.

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10

Last edited by danandjackie; 01-07-2005 at 03:52 AM.
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Lovely day at Seaworld Enjoying the photos too.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying these reports looking forwrd to the next ones
Thanks for sharing your photos.

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Great report - thanks

Looks really cold though - bet it was warmer in Manchester
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:46 AM   #5
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Great report ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:05 AM   #6
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandjackie
I love this ride and it sure does wake you up early in the morning.
Do you think it will help keep jet lag at bay? Heading to Sea World as soon as we get there, sounds like it just may be the trick to keep us awake longer.

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #7
danandjackie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket2005
Do you think it will help keep jet lag at bay? Heading to Sea World as soon as we get there, sounds like it just may be the trick to keep us awake longer.

It will totally blast the jet lag out of you, especially as you will be able to get up early with the time difference.. Its never too hectic a day at sea world, you can do the coaster attractions very early before the crowds a few times and then have a relaxing day just watching the shows... As for the Jet Lag we dont seem to ever have much of a problem after travelling west, once your body sees the light in the morning your brain tends to click into gear.

On our short trips its a case of sheer adrenaline on top of that that keeps us going... LOL

Danny and JAackie

xxx

Trip reports and Trip Videos and Restaurant Reviews

WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09, DLP Xmas 09, WDW Xmas/NY 10
danandjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:09 AM   #8
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Many thanks.

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:09 AM   #9
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

We're fine in the mornings - its keeping going in the evening that's the problem
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: