Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
BethR
On Thread Killer Patrol
Too much fun on the DIS today
Do we get FOOD on this thread?

Main Street Mega Store - Help?

Hi All! And Happy New Year to Everyone!

Our 21 year old DD had a great idea for DH and I for Christmas. She knows that the last few times that we have gone to WDW, that we have looked at - but not bought - the leather WDW backpack.
Wanting to get us something that we really wanted she did a search online for the back pack and was sent to the Main Street Mega Store. There she ordered the back pack for $60 plus. And I have no idea what they are charging for S&H! She thought - like most people would - that this was a "real" Disney store. She THOUGHT that the priced was more than she remembered us mentioning it being, but went ahead and ordered it anyway.
Since she ordered it only a few days before Christmas, she printed out a picture of the backpack, put it in an box, and wrapped it for us for under the tree. She was so excited.
When we opened it and she told us where she ordered it from, I thought "Oh no!"
I told her what I had read about the store. She felt so bad since she thought that she was dealing directly with Disney.
I have told her that she should look into cancelling the order if it has not already shipped. But I don't think that she has done this yet. I think that she is feeling a bit embarrassed about doing so. But I hate to see her spending her hard earned money when she could save significantly by ordering from Disney Merchandising.
Do you think that there is any chance that if the order has NOT been shipped that it could be cancelled?
I would like to advise her on this, but I hate to seem like a pushy mom...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
InstImpres
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure based on all the threads I have seen, it has not shipped. I would suggest she email to cancel and call her cc company, than order from WDW merchandising. If you do a search for this company, you will find some less than favorable comments re: shipping and notes that there prices are double or triple the park charges.

Good luck
Sandy

PS. Not sure if they still are but they used to be a site sponsor making it more disappointing. I emailed Alex a while back about how it was upsetting to see a sponsor so obviously ripping people off.
InstImpres is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
PooohBear
Gimme peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday
I always end up going back to my original hair
I'm a cotton headed ninny muggins

as long as we're on the subject.......... Is there another place you can order WDW merchandise from that isn't a rip off ???
Old 01-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
InstImpres
DIS Veteran

You can order directly from Disney
(407) 363-6200
WDW.MAIL.ORDER@DISNEYWORLD.COM

or Gifts of a Lifetime www.giftsofalifetime.com is more reasonable than MainStreet Mega Store IMHO
InstImpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
piglet33
DIS Veteran

You can also use http://www.mouseshoppe.com. Their prices and shipping costs are very reasonable. I've used them several times.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #6
BethR
On Thread Killer Patrol
Too much fun on the DIS today
Do we get FOOD on this thread?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I hate to tell a 21 year old what to do, but I really think that she should cancel the order. I can only suggest this to her, I cannot do it for her.
I did try to do a search on "Main Street Mega Store" for the entire site and for some reason, I got next to nothing to come up. (Just goes to show you that even we moderators don't always know how to work the "features" on this software.)
As far as ordering Disney Park merchandise, I always suggest that people call or e-mail Disney merchandising. (Thanks for the phone number and e-mail address **********. ) You pay the same price that you would in the park plus S&H. No "shopping premium."

I will let you know what my DD does and how this is resolved.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: