Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
Dan Murphy
We are family.

A bit of a reminice and good wishes for a great New Year, 2005.. (sound)

<EMBED SRC=http://www.dmurphydis2.com/Music/WeGoOn.mp3 AUTOSTART=true WIDTH=144 HEIGHT=60 LOOP=true>

<p><font size="1">If you wish to turn off the sound, use the above

If you wish to download for your use, or for dialups, save to your PC <a href="http://www.dmurphydis2.com/Music/WeGoOn.mp3"> http://www.dmurphydis2.com/Music/WeGoOn.mp3</a> </font>

New Year's Eve, an opportunity to say thanks for a good year, best wishes for the year ahead.

Thanks for being here this year for my family, Marie, the kids, Natalie and Vince, Doc, myself. Oftentimes coming here, asking for prayers, good wishes, for the problem, dilemma or concern of the moment. Thanks for sharing the good times, the tough times, the happy times, the sad times, the triumphs, the failures.

Coming here, almost every morning, weekdays at least, doing the morning riddle, always a nice start to the day. Well, usually not doing it on my own, but with help from the riddle mistresses (they like to be referred to as goddesses). The riddle folks are always full of smiles, even at that early hour. If you have never stopped by, give it a try, you’ll probably like it.

Throughout the day, if I am by a PC, it is great to stop by the DIS here, getting the pulse of the world. We have gone through another tough year, the war on terrorism overseas, on several fronts, the very heated campaign and subsequent election, here locally, 4 devastating hurricanes, within an unbelievable six week period of time in Florida, and just this week, the horrific earthquake produced tsunami over in the Indian Ocean and Asia, so many, many people affected.

In the evening, sometimes a quick latenight checkin, sometimes relaxing for a couple hours with friends, family, the world over.

We have seen some good people pass on; a musical genius, Ray Charles, the French chef, Julia Child, the man who always claimed he could not get any respect, but I think he really did get it, Rodney Dangerfield, Gordo, Gordon Cooper, one of those with the Right Stuff from Mercury days, the beloved Captain Kangaroo, Bob Keeshan (hey, who said I look like the Captain?), the Godfather, Marlon Brando, the Gipper, President Ronald Reagan, heck, even Superman, Christopher Reeve. And many more. Sad, all of them.

Stopping by the DIS, at times I have felt like this , though most often like this . We do come here to revel in our own good happenings or those of others. We do come here for comfort, seeking it and receiving it, as well as giving it to so many. We rightfully toot our horns over our families’ accomplishments, as well as our own. We congratulate, we cheer, we say goodbye to those trekking down to that place that brought us here in the first place, welcome them home when they return, help them plan for the next trip. Individual hugs, group hugs, all good.

We’ve had a lot of new baby DIS’ers born here this year, with lots more in the ovens at this moment. We have shared some heartbreak too, in that part of life, and do hope everybody’s dreams do come true in the future. We have shared deaths here, in our real life families, as well as our DIS family. We remember them all. Good times, bad times, happy times, sad times, we do it all here. We hope and pray (those that do) that those in harms way overseas are kept safe to someday return home again.

We are here, for each other, supporting each other, enjoying each other. We have our disagreements, but that’s life, families always do. But in the end, all said and done, family.

Hope everyone here has a great New Year, 2005. Happiness, health, joy, dreams come true. Hope all those who are aching, body and soul, in ill health, themselves or family, are well in the days ahead. The blessings of God (if you believe, or whoever or whatever, if you don’t) be with you throughout the coming year. Let’s enjoy life. :thewave:

Happy New Year, all the DIS Family.

And please, do drive sensibly and safely.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
NHAnn
Survivor
GAGWTA!
Don't sneak off to the lemonade stand without me!

thanks Dan
I'm and at the same time!

Happy New Year to you and yours, and our whole DIS family!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #3
TXTink
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your words!! And for sharing the song, I love it!

Happy New Year to all DISers! See you next year!

1995-All Star Music; 1996-Port Orleans; 1998-All Star Music; 2000-Port Orleans; 2001-All Star Music (x2); 2001-Caribbean Beach; 2002-Beach Club; 2003-Disneyland, Candy Cane Inn; 2004-Boardwalk Villa's; 2006-Beach Club; 2006-All Star Music; 2006-Polynesian; 2006-Wilderness Lodge; 2006-Saratoga Springs; 2006-Grand Floridian (Oldest DD was in the College Program in 2006!); 2007-Pop Century; 2007-Disneyland, Grand Californian; 2007-Saratoga Springs; 2008-Caribbean Beach; 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; 2008-Boardwalk Villas; 2008-All Star Movies; 2008-Old Key West, 2009-Saratoga Springs, 2009-Old Key West; 2010- Saratoga Springs; 2010-Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs Grand Villa; 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012-Saratoga Springs, Old Key West; 2013- Art of Animation, Saratoga Springs
TXTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
ADisneygirl
My birth certificate is really a Hospital Certificate!
Tried to post a looney hearts ad for her lonely tag
creme brulee is a Disney dessert to me

Thanks Dan. Beautiful sentiments to usher in a new year with. Best wishes of health and happiness in 2005 to you and all the DIS families out there.

ADisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

as always

eloquently said..nothing more to add but "Thanks, Dan" for saying it for all of us..may 2005 find everyone in better health, may it find the World more at Peace, and may Love continue to shine on the DIS!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:11 PM   #6
iluvdisney
DIS Veteran/DVC Member
Mr & Mrs Mallard have come home!

Thanks Dan for that wonderful sentiment! I think you have just said what many of us here feel.

Happy New Year to you and yours and a wish for a healthy 2005!

I, for one, am happy to be part of the DIS family!!!

Grammie loves her grands!
iluvdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
chernabog
Timing is everything...especially in life!
I'm feeling lucky today
Glad to be home with my families

Thanks for the wonderful post Dan! Most eloquent, as usual!!! When this year began, I was fighting through a rare and life-threatening disease and with the help of my family and friends, both at home and here on The Dis, I can safely say that I am back to about 99.9%. I have spent this past year realizing that the little things are just as important as the big things and learned that nothing should ever be taken for granted. I'm looking forward to a healthy, happy and safe New Year and I wish all my friends on The Dis the same!
Please take a moment tonight and remember those sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, dads and moms who are away from their families, helping to keep our families safe and free!

"A man should never neglect his family for business"
- Walt Disney

Dxl - 9/93
Dxl - 12/95
CBR - 1/99
CBR - 11/99
CBR - 5/00
DVC Members @ OKW - 8/00

Last edited by chernabog; 12-31-2004 at 07:33 PM.
chernabog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:23 PM   #8
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

Thank you for writing for all of us and for the song. It makes me miss WDW even more where life is simple and our dreams come to life.

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:28 PM   #9
CinderellaIam

Knits blue ribbons on crossbred roses
(or something like that)

Thank you for such an eloquent statement. To you and yours, and all of those on the dis I wish you a New Year filled with Joy, hope, health and most of all, PEACE. :D
CinderellaIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #10
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Thank you Dan for all the wonderful and very heartwarming posts. When I read your nice posts, it always make me smile. I know I found a friend in you, especially those times when I was really down, you were there to comfort me through PMs. Thanks for being a special friend.

May the Lord always be with you and your family. "Happy New Year to you and your family."

All I wish for this New Year is "World Peace" and may everyone find happiness and good health always.

Sincerely,
Telly
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:33 PM   #11
Buzzlvr31
Secretly has the hots for Buzz Lightyear
I've got Pac-Man Fever!
I wonder, should Pumpkin pie be the unofficial Dessert of Thanksgiving?

Thanks a lot Dan, for those good wishes and the song! :D

I hope that you and all of the other fellow DISers have a healthy, happy 2005, and I'll talk to you people again next year!!!!!!!

I'm happy to be part of this great family!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 07:35 PM   #12
Pooh67_68
My head looked like a brillo pad
DH gave me roses ... just because :)
Someone please take pity on me, and send me a small piece of pecan pie

Thank you Dan :D

To everyone, Happy New Year! Hope the new year is so much better than you ever thought it could be.
Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #13
chrissie123
Admits to being guilty

Dan....From Our family to yours...Have a great & happy New Year with lots of love....2005... have a good year....xxxx
Old 12-31-2004, 07:41 PM   #14
Loubon
Tutor Magnet (Talk to me)
Knows someone with real Mod super powers
Thinks he's stalked by the lady

Thanks Dan!

There's Clowns To The Left Of Me ....
Loubon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:44 PM   #15
chrissie123
Admits to being guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzlvr31
Thanks a lot Dan, for those good wishes and the song! :D

I hope that you and all of the other fellow DISers have a healthy, happy 2005, and I'll talk to you people again next year!!!!!!!

I'm happy to be part of this great family!!!!!
Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...H N Y EVERYONE...XXXX

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: