Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
LisaRay
DIS Veteran

So.... how was the week after Thanksgiving this year??

We have done the week after Thanksgiving twice and loved it but that was back in the late 90's. So since it has been a few years I thought I would check and see how it was this year.

We were there in Nov. this year but it was the week of Vetern's Day and there were also other things going on too and we thought it was alot busier then our other trips that were the week after Thanksgiving. Although I did think maybe everyone has figured out that this is a good time of year to go and it has picked up alot?

any thoughts?
LisaRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
dvcgirl
DIS Veteran

This year there were some crowds the first couple of days after Thanksgiving weekend. After that....very, very nice. If you come in that Monday after TG, expect some moderate crowds the first couple of days and then it will be wonderful. If you can wait until mid-week or the following weekend...even better.
dvcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

We usually go the week after Thanksgiving and it was busier this year then in the past. I think some of it had to do with people rescheduling their vacations due to hurricanes. Also it does seem that it is getting a bit busier than in the past due to people realizing it is typically a slower time to go.

With that said when were down, it was great. Lines were minimal and the weather was fantastic.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 PM   #4
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

We were there the week after thanksgiving and I was surprised to see the amount of people that were there. We were so lucky, the weather was so beautiful that I didn't mind the crowds at all. It is such a great time to go, but I see that more and more people are going from thanksgiving to christmas. It's still the only time that we will visit, I refuse to go during the school breaks, there's just too many people and at that point it's just not enjoyable. But then again, it's better than sitting here in long island freezing to death!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
Sydnoahmom
Mouseketeer

We were at MK the Monday after Thanksgiving both in 2003 and in 2004 and I have to say there were a lot more people in 2004. The park was open until 9:00 this year as opposed to 7:00 last year, so maybe people hopped over to Mk later in the day for Spectro and WISHES which is what we did this year.

In 2003 we spent the whole Monday at MK and the crowds were very manageable. WE arrived at 4:00 this year and did Tomorrowland and then went at 7 to get a good spot for the 8:00 Spectro. I was wall to wall people, hard to find a good spot at 7:00.

DOes Disney look at the number of Resort reservations and then decide how late to keep the parks open? MK on Monday was the only park that I noticed a significant number of people more than last year. WE were at MGM on Tuesday after TG both this year and last year and I have to say I think there were fewer people this year.

We had an awesome time no matter what the crowds were!!!

1990-Honeymoon, off property; 1996-DD 1st trip, All Star Sports; 1998-All Star Sports
2001-DS 1st trip, All Star Movies
2003-DH entire family, All Star Sports
2004-MVMCP, Pop
2006-MVMCP with sister's family, Pop
2009-1st summer trip, CSR
Sydnoahmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: