Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #31
airjoe
Mouseketeer

This is free to Disney resort guests. The shuttle will make a maximum of 4 stops, where Mears may make as many as 20. They are looking for a total time of 45 min.

If anyone feels uncomfortable or uneasy aout this service, you can use any of the other forms of ground transportation
Old 12-29-2004, 10:55 AM   #32
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooers23
I was just wondering, I know I've seen a company that deliveries groceries to the resorts on the boards somewhere. If I use the complimentary bus service and then have my groceries deliveried to me I could save an extra $100
I'm planning to do the same thing. I think the new service will work fine. They've been doing this for years with DCL shuttle service.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2004, 11:26 AM   #33
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

I agree with Disneyjunkie that DCL has been doing this very efficiently for some time, so it isn't like Disney is new at this and has to start from scratch. When we did DCL land/sea cruises, after we got off the plane at MCO, we were directed by Disney personnel who were at the airport to the Disney bus counter (my term, not theirs), and buses were filled by WDW destination. Since I presume the shuttles are smaller than the full sized buses we used, I imagine they would fill up a lot faster. We took our carry-on bags on the bus with us. The buses did stop at more than one resort, but the stops were grouped. When we stayed at the Poly for the land part of our land/sea, the bus stopped at each of the four MK resorts. I presume they would do the same with Epcot resorts, etc. So it isn't a long meandering ride around WDW property. And when we disembarked from the cruise boat, there were counters outside staffed with airline personnel who took care of the bags (including tagging and weighing) and loaded them onto trucks for each airline, while the passengers got on a bus for the airport, carry-ons in hand. I suspect that WDW may have airline personnel to do this at the WDW resorts under the new Magical Express program as well, although that is just speculation on my part. We've done the land/sea three times and Disney has handled the bags from start to finish each time, very efficiently with no problems. I would imagine they could just apply that same procedure to resort only stays.
jaysmom4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:38 AM   #34
missypie
Has an outlet for romance
Learn to space out, while smiling and nodding
NO ONE looks chic at Disneyworld!

So much to think about with all these changes! I got a pretty good deal on a rental car and I wanted to buy groceries; I like the idea of having the option to drive to the parks since we'll be there at a very busy time...so much to think about!
missypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:17 PM   #35
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcreg
I'm thinking of the carry-ons. What are they going to do with those? Will there be room on the bus or will they be stowed underneath? Then there are the strollers. This is all going to add to travel time.

I don't have little kids, but if I did, I know that I'd be concerned about being on the highway without child safety seats.

I guess we have to wait and see how this is going to work.
From what I am to understand, they will be using VanHool C2045 motor coaches, which have storage underneath, and small overhead bins.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: