Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
chyam
Where is that LL Bean catalog when you really need it
I always feel like eeyore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchie
Disney always seemed to want to control the entire trip of their "guests".

By getting you directly from the airport, they have then shut out the rest of the tourism companies in Central Florida from getting ANY of your money. They then control the Corridor.

Not sure how I feel about that. Think of all the wonderful attractions that can be lost (and those already gone)
Oh How I agree with this........Disney does want to control you and your every move and every dollar spent. As much as I love them I think they are a bit to greedy. At one time there was talk of a train from the airport but Disney would not allow it to pass through their property if it made any other stops (Universal) And unless Disney gets going on some good thrill rides they are going to keep losing people to Universal. just my opinion of course.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:24 PM   #17
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

This will be a help to me.....there are 5 of us, and sometimes fitting all the luggage in the car is a pain. I can have the luggage delivered and rent a smaller car......yeah!

Julia
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #18
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

...and this will cost how much?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:48 PM   #19
dennisnlisab96
DIS Veteran

Julia M...I am with you. I would love to get Disney to deliver our luggage and then rent a smaller van. It would be really great not to have to lug 8 peoples (DH, myself, 6 kids!!!) luggage through the airport. However, I would hate not having a car!

DH, ME...DD15 , DD13 , DD10 , DS9
dennisnlisab96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #20
Blondie
~*~*~*~
This TF always enjoys Blondies wonderful clipart :)
Green Bean Fries knock my socks off!

I've often wondered why Disney didn't offer complimentary airport shuttle service to people staying at their resorts. I think this is a wonderful perk!
Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:14 PM   #21
swilphil
Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospup
That was my first thought, but I looked back and it did say "complimentary." We usually get a towncar service and liked the grocery stop. But we could save $120 by using the free shuttle. I don't really like the idea of having to stop at other resorts, but I'll just read here how it's working. My big concern is getting from the resort back to the airport. It looks like right now there are only a few airlines participating in that program. I wonder what it will do to Mears and all the Towncar services. Some of those are pretty small businesses and I hate to see anyone be forced out of business.

With this program and the new MYW tickets/packages, it does look like Disney is really trying to get everyone to stay in THEIR parks and restaurants as long as possible. If you don't rent a car and have the meal package, you're not going to eat off site. A 7 day park hopper pass is only $2 more than a 5 day park hopper pass. There's not much incentive to venture out to Universal, Sea World, etc.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:34 PM   #22
plutospup
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran
Hoping for fair winds and following seas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilphil
Starting on January 2, 2005, Disney's Magical Express can be booked with any new package or room-only reservation with arrivals beginning on May 5.
I know it said "complimentary shuttle" offered by Mears, but I still think there might be a charge in there somewhere! As mentioned, Disney will make more money by keeping visitors on WDW property.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:13 PM   #23
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilphil
That was my first thought, but I looked back and it did say "complimentary."
It will be complimentary for the first year or so... at least, during the upcoming celebration. After that, there may (read: will) be a charge for the service, however it has yet to be determined.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #24
betterlatethannever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospup
It looks like it will be complimentary to start with. Eventually it will probably cost something.

It looks like the resort luggage check in desk will act as the airline ticket counter.

Am I right in assuming that you wouldn't see your luggage until you got back to your home airport?

the counter at the resort would have to weigh and tag your bags and give you the luggage "receipt"?!!

Lets say you check your luggage at 9AM for a 6PM flight. You go to the parks and enjoy your day. Your luggage is sent to the airport at 10AM, goes through x ray and sits at the airport for 6 hours. Would that be right?

It looks like a logistical nightmare having to know each airline's bag weight/size restrictions.

Ed
betterlatethannever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:56 PM   #25
Liz
Make a miracle! Be an organ donor!
Eeyore brings out the mom in me

I wonder if you can do this just one way, like from the airport to WDW? We always rent a car and visit family in Florida, but during our time at Disney the car just sits there. If we could do this just one way then we could rent a car at the Dolphin or something for the rest of our stay in Florida.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #26
DrTomorrow
Your Disney friend from the Future!
Attempting to prevent a paradox

This has been tried, in various foms, in Las Vegas for years. Lots of potential for unpleasant surprises: luggage missing or arriving very late to your resort; long shuttle trips to/from airport; issues with changing flights; lots of time lost waiting, waiting, waiting....

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!
DrTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:31 AM   #27
Leota
DIS Veteran

Sounds great to me at first glance - then reality sets in & the logistical nightmares form......

Think I'll be sticking with Tiffany.... I like knowing where my bags are, I like going directly to & from my resort & I need the grocery stop for bottled water. This new service wouldn't really be a perk for me.
*~* Offsite 1973 ~ Fort Wilderness Cabins 1993,1995,1998 ~Disneyland, Offsite, 1997,1998 ~ All-Star Sports 1999 ~ Beach Club 2000 ~ Wilderness Lodge 2001 ~ Polynesian/Coronado Springs 2001 ~ Dolphin 2001 ~ Swan 2004 ~ Grand Floridian, Happy Haunts 2004 ~ Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 ~ PO French Quarter 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge / Swan 2005 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Swan 2006 ~ Dolphin 2007 ~Dolphin 2007 ~ Dolphin 2008 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2009 ~ Dolphin 2010 ~ Wyndham Lake Buena Vista 2011 ~ Windsor Hills 2011~ Swan 2012 ~ Bonnet Creek 2013 ~ Home from now on! *~*

Making our Florida Dreams Come True
Move In Day: June 10th, 2013.... Finally!!!

Leota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #28
Regina
Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a match on the broom she flies around on.
There's nothing like a floating doodie to bring out the best in people
Nothin' but Net

I'm thinking of the carry-ons. What are they going to do with those? Will there be room on the bus or will they be stowed underneath? Then there are the strollers. This is all going to add to travel time.

I don't have little kids, but if I did, I know that I'd be concerned about being on the highway without child safety seats.

I guess we have to wait and see how this is going to work.
Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:42 AM   #29
spooers23
Mouseketeer

I was just wondering, I know I've seen a company that deliveries groceries to the resorts on the boards somewhere. If I use the complimentary bus service and then have my groceries deliveried to me I could save an extra $100
spooers23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #30
swilphil
Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly

I'm sure you can do this just one way and rent at the Dolphin or the Disney rental place. When they start charging though, I wonder though about the security of checking your bags at the resort on the return flight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: