Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
eeyorina
Earning My Ears

Pop Century

Hi, I've booked Pop for April 17-22, 2 rooms. I booked Preferred to hopefully be closer to food court and buses. This is a first time for the Value hotels as we usually stay mods and deluxes. Is there a certain section of the 60's building I should ask for and does staying in Preferrred make much difference in the walking distances? We are also using only Disney transportation so would it be better to take a bus from Pop to Downtown Disney or to the Transportation center if we are trying to go to the Boardwalk area. Thanks for your help.
eeyorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #2
PrincessCandaceMarie
DIS Veteran

Red face

Hello ~

Be sure to ask for a preferred room in front of the Hippy Dippy Pool, you'll be closest to Classic Hall for food, shops, arcade and transportation....and use the transportation from POP to get to DTD, it's faster and you won't need to go to the transportation station at MK, it's not necessary. The Disney transports run really well from POP and they don't share with any other resorts like the All Stars sometimes do.....have fun! POP is a fun resort!

~DVC 2005 Member ~

PrincessCandaceMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
Tigger&Belle
I'm the good girl on the DIS

Snarky is my middle name
So many comments, so many points

I was not in preferred, but was in the 70's section, facing the lake and it was only a few minutes walk to the main building. Depending on where you are in the 60's section, you could actually be further than the closer 50's or 70's rooms. Of course staying preferred will guarantee that you are not too far away at least.

T&B
Old 12-29-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if MGM Studios is still open - take the Studios bus - then walk or take the boat to the BW.

If MGM Studios is closed then go to DD.

I would ask for a lake view - yes your walk will be a little longer - but I really love that lake!!!

look for the turtles in the lake!

this is not like the other values resort. Hey it even has a bar - very busy by the way!!! - It has a lounge inside - but the pool bar was where the crowds were.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #5
EsmeraldaX
Registered

Hi.

The rooms in front of the Hippy Dippy pool seem to be the closest. When we stayed in early Dec. we were in the 50's wing and it was not a bad walk from there either.

Here is a link with some photos we took of the grounds...

http://www.homestead.com/esmespage/PopCentury.html

We had a nice lake view, which we didn't even request!
EsmeraldaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #6
eeyorina
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the advice. We've stayed before at CBR, Dixielandings, Poly and BC so this resort is new to us. Trying to gather all the info I can. This trip is on a budget as we have a DD starting college fall 05. We don't spend alot of time at the hotel and with 2 rooms for 4 adults and 1 13yr old we should be ok. Now just waiting for a code for that time though I'm already booked with AAA rate. Thanks again.
eeyorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

We stayed at Values for the first time this year - pop and ASSports. Personally I would never pay the 10 extra for a preferred room. The regular rooms aren't that much farther away then the preferred rooms, the resorts aren't as big like the moderates so you are pretty close no matter where you are. Plus since the food court and pool are open later, you run the risk of noise late in the evening.

So for me its a waste of 10/night.

That is just my opinion though.

As for pop, I stayed in the 50's bldg and the parking lot was out our door and the lake to our left and it was a quick walk to the main area and busses.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #8
EsmeraldaX
Registered

I wouldn't pay the 10 extra either. Honestly, our walk to the main hall from where we were in the 50's was maybe 5 minutes and we were on the opposite side of the pool. Close enough to enjoy it without a long walk and far enough away to not be bothered by noise.
EsmeraldaX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: