Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
phanomouse
DIS Veteran

From Disney Travel Agent Training: NO resort Discounts for '05

My brother is a travel agent and just went through the Disney update seminar that Disney put on for the "Magic your Way" tickets and packages. I had a list of questions that I sent with him to ask them. One of which was what this new discounting would do to annual passes and another was to ask about resort discounts of any kind. They said nothing about the price of annual passes and they gave him a very firm response about resort discounts.

"The magic your way discounts are the only discounts Disney will be offering this year. We have no plans to offer any Resort discounts as we have in the past. This goes for mailer discounts, annual pass discounts, promotional discounts, AAA"

They recognized that there were already discounts out through Feb but claimed that would be the last of them. This was very disappointing news for me. Logic tells me that there will be a decline in the number of reservations they have if they don't offer discounts just like they have in the past. But they are really counting on the "magic your way" to boost their business. I am posting this to let everyone know what they are telling travel agents but I am hoping someone here has heard something that conflicts with what I have said!!!

~~ I was reading through the last few pages of this thread and realized that a lot of people aren't reading the that far. So I am updating this first message to say that since we now know disney released AP discounts, and that proves that what is said above is wrong. Also many people have reported getting AAA discounts for later in the year as well as email discounts. After talking with many people here and on other boards I feel that what was said at the training was said only to cover themselves just in case discounts weren't offered or aren't in the future. Thank goodness they aren't following it though!!!

Last edited by phanomouse; 12-29-2004 at 09:03 PM. Reason: because of an update
phanomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:07 PM   #2
LAH
Mouseketeer

I heard something to the same effect. :-(
LAH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I just received a code or to use a serial number for resorts till April.
I can get a value resort for $74 from February -April 05. Maybe they are going to try e-mailing people and give the serial numbers so people don't share codes any more.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #4
cokegal19
"I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!" "awwww... you guys made me ink!" "You got some serious thrill issues, dude!!"

How do you get the emails, or post cards for the discounts? is there a mailing list to sign up with or something? I will be going in May 05, and would really like those room codes, otherwise it looks like we'll be offsite this year.
May 2004-Off site-Sheraton Safari
cokegal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #5
foxfire
I wonder what rock I've been hiding under?
Well, doggone it. Now, y'all have my tastebuds all quivery
My cat is infamous around here for having dingleberries...thus, he is a scooter

Oh dear, that is BAH HUMBUG news....

I don't know what to think now. My sister made ressies in Nov. for an April trip & got a AAA discount. About 2 weeks ago, she got an email offer for discounts beginning Feb. 17 - April 16 with additional dates available April 17 - July 4. She didn't apply the PIN yet because she was hoping for a code to come out for an even lower room rate. I will tell her what you heard. I sure hope they will change their minds if that is their new policy. I think a lot of us were hoping & counting on new codes being released after the first of the year.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
shelleybell
Mouseketeer

Great! I am a PAP holder and have already made my ressies for our 16 day trip at the end of May. Already tried for AAA, but was told nothing was available. I guess it will be crackers and water until i get the hotel paid for.

shelleybell & scar11
shelleybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
LAH
Mouseketeer

I contacted my travel agent and she said "no AAA discounts in the system at all". UGH
LAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
Bugsmom73
DIS Veteran

I was just talking to someone at either CRO or WDTC and they said they think disney will keep offering them, if they do great if not, for our 10 day stay, I think we will go Moderate/then Deluxe. I do hope they continue to offer, if not we maybe cutting our trip short.

Trips:
1977- Fort Wilderness ,1979- Off site Best Western,
1985- Offsite Camping in Kissimee, 1995-offsite, 1996/97- CBR, 2000 CR Honeymoon, 2002-CBR,2004-WL, 2006 -AKL, Spring-2008 Disneyland HoJo's. August 2010- Pop Century
Bugsmom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #9
TEK224

Never gets tired of hearing "You're going to Disney again?!"

I booked my May 05 ressie for WL about a month ago. Forgot to have them put in AAA discount. Called back 2 weeks ago to make Poly ressie (also for May 05). Had the AAA discount applied to both without a problem.

But I was hoping for room only or AP discounts also. Bummer.

Terri
TEK224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:01 PM   #10
ILoveWDW2003
Registered

I'd like to hear from other travel agents that have taken this training. I'll check with my neighbor who is a travel agent.

What about the DU agents that frequent these boards? What have they heard?

I personally find it extremely hard to believe that a blanket statement would be made like that for the entire year!
ILoveWDW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:02 PM   #11
eeyore0062
Downtown Disney Diva and Ultimate Disney Dreamer

I think it is a "wait and see type thing". I wouldn't get too bummed yet!
Dixie Landings 1993,1998, 2003; Wilderness Lodge 2000; The Contemporary 2002, Caribbean Beach Resort 2002, Port Orleans French Quarter 2002, All Star Music, 2003, The Polynesian 2004, PoP Century, June 2005.... upcoming- Coronado Springs, Oct 2005.......... longing to stay at the Beach Club at some point in the future

Have a Disney Day!!!!
eeyore0062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #12
jtm1631
Mouseketeer

I'm surprised to hear this. My travel agent just went to the same training and when she returned she did not say anything about discontinuing room discounts. In fact, I have a reservation for June that she again indicated she would watch for the discounts if they are released.

I guess only time will tell. I hope it's not true because paying full price for the Poly is really going to be difficult.

JT - Live Strong
jtm1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:20 PM   #13
Misti
DIS Veteran

Well, if that is true, it would be a first in the last 15 years I've been booking discounted ressies. I really don't think Disney Marketing has an idea what they are going to offer but for a few months out. Sure, travel is up but not enough to keep 100% of the Disney resorts at 100% occupancy. I'd wait it out--I have a feeling we'll continue to see AP discounts and other codes throughout the year. As far as AAA, I've already booked these rates well into 2005.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #14
ILoveWDW2003
Registered

My neighbor just sent me this, taken from the Disney Travel Agents website, under the Magic Your Way Packages FAQ:

Does the new pricing structure mean you’ll no longer offer occasional special offers?
The new pricing structure addresses the cost of Walt Disney World theme park tickets and packages. Walt Disney World will continue to monitor business results and create special offers if the situation requires it.
ILoveWDW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:33 PM   #15
Kimberle
WL Vet

All the more reason to try the Swan or the Dolpin this year! Or, the Ritz Carlton looks good too!

Don't worry, if the rooms don't book to their expectations, the discounts will return!
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: