Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
mulanrouge
Mouseketeer

Reindeer footprints in the snow...???

DD (4) made reindeer food at preschool and is so excited about feeding the reindeer on Christmas Eve. We have snow on the ground and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how we can make "reindeer footprints" in the snow for her to see on Christmas morning. This is what I love about Christmas!! She woke up yesterday and said Oh, mommy only 3 days til Christmas, I am so excited I can't stand it!!
mulanrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Rippington'sFan
Go Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulanrouge
DD (4) made reindeer food at preschool and is so excited about feeding the reindeer on Christmas Eve. We have snow on the ground and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how we can make "reindeer footprints" in the snow for her to see on Christmas morning. This is what I love about Christmas!! She woke up yesterday and said Oh, mommy only 3 days til Christmas, I am so excited I can't stand it!!
Hmmmmm....that's a tough one. The only thing I can think of is if you know somebody with a dog. Have the dog run around your yard for awhile when your daughter is asleep. If your 4 year old DD knows the difference between dog tracks and deer tracks then she's pretty smart.
Good Luck! :D
Rippington'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
disneydragon
DIS Veteran

If you have a dog, let it out to run around in the yard. In the snow, you can't really tell the difference between four legged dog tracks and four legged reindeer tracks. Especially at 4 years old.
disneydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
remyandhollandsmommy
Don't be afraid of the dark
Addicted to pot pies

We do this too! Remy tosses out her magic reindeer food (the glitter makes it magic BTW) and some carrots that have the green leaves on them. It snows here too, so we take the dog out so he can tramp on the snow (our foot prints are Santa's prints), we clean up some of the magic food, throw away the old carrots and place new ones out that look like they have been eaten, then we take our broom handle and make two "sleigh tracks" in the snow since the reindeer do pull the sleigh behind them (kids notice the details LOL). Remy is soo excited by this tradition that she checks on her offering even before she checks out the gifts!
remyandhollandsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #5
whirlsy
lissa & nates ma

we poked holes with a broom handle and did it around our back deck( where they left the food) we had on big winter boots and said "look Santa tracks also. It worked for us. Merry Christmas
whirlsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: