Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

The Four Mouseketeers First WDW Vacation Dec 04 Day 7.. MK, AK and DTD, plus Day 8

Day 7.. December 17, 2004 (MK, AK and DTD) and December 18, 2004 (departure day)

Cast.. DH
Me.. age 36
DS.. age 15
DS2.. age 11

Today was our last day of parks. We woke up a little late and decided what to do. The boys wanted to see MK one last time, although I wished they would have chosen Epcot. In my mind I'm picturing my sisters and I going on a girls only trip next year, so I let MK be the choice.

MK was more crowded today. There were a lot of singers on the street in the morning. I spoke to a CM in a gift shop while I waited for the rest to get off rides. She told me this was the first day of the crowds, and that the crowds wouldn't go away until after the New Year.

The kids still rode Buzz a ton more times. DS2 got some pin trading in. Then we all decided that we did almost everything in MK. I talked them into going to AK to see the parade. By 2pm we all were bored. We did all we wanted to do at AK. The parade wasn't until 3:45pm. Rainforest Cafe was packed. Pizzafari was packed. Nobody wanted to eat the ice cream bars anymore. AK didn't have too much to offer in the way of food. I think AK is my least favorite park. Everyone was starving. We decided to head back to the resort and skip the parade.

The bus took almost an hour to arrive. There were a ton of people waiting for busses. In one hour's time we only saw a total of 5 busses arrive at AK for all the resorts. I have no idea why. I decided on the bus to try to catch the boat to DTD from POFQ and eat at Earl of Sandwich. DH had to use the restroom. The boat was at the dock at POFQ, but DH wasn't there. They couldn't wait for him, so we couldn't go. It would be another 30 minutes for a boat to arrive. After DH strolled over to us we all decided to eat at POFQ food court. DH and I split a meatball sub with chips. Yummy. DS2 got breadsticks and DS got chicken strips with fries.

We finally did get the boat to DTD. It was a nice ride. The boat was packed, but it was pleasant. On this day it was cloudy and 72 degrees. It felt nice not having to wear gloves.

At DTD we got some bottled water. We looked in the shops. We wanted to get sundaes again from Ghiardellis, but it was packed. DTD was so crowded. We listened to some music and just people watched. The boys wanted to go swimming, so we were back at the resort by 6pm. DH took the boys to the pool while I packed for our trip home.

Our towncar was picking us up at 7:15am, so we needed to be ready the night before. I was glad I took a big Mickey duffle bag I bought from the Disney Store. That empty bag held all our dirty clothing (I was too lazy to do laundry). That left an entire suitcase for our souveniers.

After packing I tried to call my parents to check on the cat (we've been gone for almost a week, and I never called home until the day before you got home), but the phone was busy. I was sick of packing and decided to buy myself something at the gift shop. I told DH I wanted him to pick me out something special from WDW as a gift. It must have either been air or invisible because he didn't even look for anything for me. One morning I got up early to walk alone with DH to the food court to get his coffee. Thinking it would be a hand in hand nice quiet stroll, I was upset that DH walked 5 steps ahead of me swinging that refillable mug and not even thinking of me. I told him and he felt bad. He offered to take me on a walk to Riverside on Friday night. After being married 17 years I guess I'll take that. He's a great guy, but sometimes he needs a little kick in the butt (if you know what I mean).

I bought myself some light blue Mickey head Christmas ornaments. They had silver lines in a snowflake shape on the front with a little blue faux jewel on. I told everyone DH bought it for me. I bought some little surprises for the kids and quickly packed them before we got back. DS2 met a little boy from England who liked Yu-gi-oh. They spent quite some time at the pool. I got a strawberry ice cream cone from the food court and rounded up my family.

We were all in bed by 10.. and then I hear the sound of vomiting. DS2. Ugh. He swallowed pool water. He vomited all over the bed. He had diarrhea. He was in misery. I called housekeeping at 11:30 for new sheets and new comforter. 2 hours later still nothing, so DH calls back. The guy on the phone told him it's going to be a long wait. At 3am a man knocks on the door whining and complaining about having to bring a sheet to our room. I told the man that we needed new sheets and a new comforter. He kept whining about having to bring this stuff, and that he's not a housekeeper, and we're not getting anything but this sheet. Then he wants a tip. DH was mad and told the guy to beat it. DH is a hard worker and couldn't understand why bringing a sheet to a guest in your resort was such an awful thing.

We were up all night with DS2. We brought anti diarrhea medication just in case. He threw it up though.

We bought some extra cinnamon buns at the food court to take home. We were picked up on time by Tiffany Towncar and had a nice ride to the airport. We did curb side check in. The security screening was a breeze. DS2 was glad it went quickly. He slept until our 9:20 flight took off.

DS2 threw up a little tiny bit on the plane in the sickness bag. I didn't know I had to throw that bag away myself. There was nothing written on the bag telling me to do so. There was nothing in my literature on the seat back I read stating I had to throw the bag away myself in the restroom. I closed the bag up tightly, and when the stewardess came around to collect trash I put it inside the huge white garbage bag she had. You must have thought we were terrorists. She was so angry with me and told me that this little bit of white spit in the bag was a hazard and then told me to reach into this bag filled with cups, soda, etc. to retrieve the vomit bag and dispose of it. I told her no. There was only a teaspoon of white liquid (if that) in the bag. There was far more "bodily fluids" in the used drinks they took from passengers. She then yelled to a man to take the white garbage bag and dispose of the air sickness bag and stormed off. We have never dealt with air sickness before. If they are so worried about this bag then they should have the bag clearly marked of how to dispose of it, AND they should have literature somewhere in the plane about this. DS2 felt so bad. I was mad, but life goes on.

We arrived in Washington DC at 11am. Our commuter flight would leave at 1pm. We were all so exhausted and so ready to be home. Our commuter flight took off on time. We arrived 14 minutes early, got our luggage and went home.

I walked into the front door and called for my cat. You should have seen her. This 9 year old bundle of fur came running to us with the biggest meows. She hardly ever meows. She started running and rubbed right on DS2's leg, then DS picked her up and she was rubbing her head under his chin. It was almost like to say she was worried about us and glad to have us home. For the rest of the night she took turns rubbing on people, purring and just being happy.

The dog boarder wasn't home until after 8pm. Our dog was glad to see us, too. The boarder said Buddy didn't eat for 2-1/2 days after we left, but then had a good time with other dogs. Buddy's voice is very hoarse. Even after being home 24 hours his voice sounds strange, and you can tell he lost weight.

Our Photopass photos were online when we got home. We mailed out post cards on Sat, Dec 11, but no one received them yet. I mailed off film and disposable cameras to Snapfish also, but none have been received. I uploaded 250 digital photos, fixed them and had them printed with Snapfish. I got an email this evening stating they have all shipped, and I hope to get them my Christmas.

We were exhausted on Saturday night. All of us were in bed by 9pm. We slept in until 10am. We missed church. We had such a good time.

If it wasn't for the great tips on DIS I doubt we would have had such an awesome vacation. We hope to go back soon. We'd definately recommend going at this time of the year. While it was cold at times, we had a blast.

I hope my reports weren't too boring. I'm not the world's greatest writer, but I just had such a wonderful time. Disney is the most magical place on Earth. No vacation we ever had compared to this one.

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Ellester
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reports. I really enjoyed them. I've spent the week home with 3 sick kids and really needed the escape of reading about a fun time at WDW. I'm glad you had a (mostly) great time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #3
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed your trip reports. Thanks for taking the time to post. First trips to WDW are magical and it was fun to read about your experience!
Old 12-19-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
jennymouse

Nana to Skye & Haley!

That's terrible about the vomit bag. I've never heard of such nonsense. I love reading first timers trip reports to hear how they liked their trip. So glad you all had a magical vacation. Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
okiegirl
Earning My Ears

Awesome Trip Report!! I really enjoyed your experience at WDW, y'all did a lot
of things that we plan to do so it was great to hear about it firsthand. Sorry
your son got sick , but at least it was on the last night. Hope you have a
great and relaxing Christmas.

Stacie
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 AM   #6
rasnlms

Tag Fairies like to add some color to your day!
DIS exchange queen

Great Reports - Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 12-20-2004, 10:36 AM   #7
alicenwonder99
DIS Veteran

I really liked reading your trip reports!!

Thanks for sharing.

(I gotta remember to pack those gloves!!)

Mary
Old 01-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
dutton
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed your trip reports. I am really thinking of staying at POFQ on our next trip. I hated to hear about your LIberty Tree Tavern experience. We went ther on our 1st trip and found the food to just be plain. I don't understand why people get so excited for it-- we enjoy Crystal Palace much better. I am glad to see your two boys had such a great time!! My oldest two will be 13 and 11 the next time we go(2006) and I am hoping that they won't think they are too old. Congratulations on your weight loss. I started Atkins 2 weeks ago and only lost 2.5 lbs. I was really strict-but the next 2 weeks I am going to cut out my diet cokes!! hope it helps!! Great reports!!Your reports have also convinced me to go back again the 1st of Dec. We went in 1st of Oct this year and it was just too hot(and we are from south Ga!)

Suzanne

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: