Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

The Four Mouseketeers First WDW Vacation Dec 04 Day 4.. DTD and MVMCP

December 14, 2004.. Day 4.. Downtown Disney and MVMCP

Cast.. DH
Me.. age 36
DS.. age 15
DS2.. age 11

We didn't have park tickets this day. Our plans are to go to DTD and then to MVMCP. We had PS for Liberty Tree Tavern at 5pm.

We slept in and ate breakfast in our room. We hopped on a bus at 9am to go to Downtown Disney. DS2 was looking forward to the Lego Store. He saved a lot of money just to go there. DS didn't want to go to DTD, but just went anyway.

We were early. The stores didn't open until 9:30. It was cold. I was glad we brought gloves, but I wished we would have brought our Winter coats. DH got a coffee at McDonalds while we waited for the stores to open. We went to the Lego Store. DS2 was thrilled to see the big Bionicle and the Lego Knight. We then went to Once Upon a Toy. I tried to fill a Potato Head box, but the gal wouldn't let me buy it because it had a rip. I then repacked the box in a new box, but the one side wouldn't stay closed on the top. The same girl told me that the box couldn't bulge, so I decided not to buy Mr. Potato Head parts. No big deal. The print outs the kids made of Mr. Potatohead were cute and worth the 30 minutes I spent trying to put parts in a box.

We went to World of Disney and looked around, but didn't buy anything. We all got sweatshirts at Rainforest Cafe. I'm glad we bought these hooded sweatshirts. They sure kept us warm that evening and the next day at Epcot.

We got sundaes at Ghiradelli. I got my coupon for the buy one get one free sundae. They also sent me a coupon for another separate deal. The gal let me use both coupons. DS got hot fudge, DH got a banana split, DS2 got a brownie sundae, and I got warm caramel. Yummy. It was early. Hardly anyone was in there, but it was so tasty. I bought some chocolate to take home, but some troll (or maybe trolls) ate all the chocolate I bought.

We did a lot of shopping, and around 1pm we went back to the resort. DS2 lost his gloves at DTD. I knew he'd need another pair for MVMCP. Our gift shop didn't have gloves, so I went back to DTD to get another pair (yikes, $8 for a pair of cheapo stretch gloves with no character on them). Oh well, things happen.

We had PS for Liberty Tree Tavern. We got to MK at 4pm and rode Buzz again. We then watched the show at the castle. We checked in for our PS at 4:50pm. We were seated right away. The characters all came around, but no food was brought to our table until 5:40. We kept trying to get the waiter over, but we weren't the only people not getting food. Two other tables near us were also ignored. The food arrived after we sat there for 40 minutes. We asked for our drinks to be refilled, but were ignored again. Good thing I brought bottled water. We drank that and even shared with another family. We didn't get desert. We wanted to catch the first Mickey MVMCP show at 6:15pm. The waiter was nowhere to be seen. DH told us all to leave. He then told a waitress that if we didn't get our bill he was walking out. The waiter then came running over to apologize. The man at the other table was yelling. We were all charged full price for the meals, even though it sucked. DH left no tip and clearly wrote on the receipt why.
DH didn't get to see the Mickey show until way after it started. We had to stand in the back because all the seats were filled.

The Mickey's Night Before Christmas show was cute. We didn't mind standing.

We then went to get our photo taken in Tomorrowland. When we entered the building it seemed like the line was huge, but it went fast. I thought it was one photo per ticket, but I was told that it was one photo per family. We spent about 15 minutes waiting for a photo. I hope our photo turns out. It was cold and breezy. I have bad hair.

We bought some popcorn and decided to wait for the parade. DH was still mad about paying over $100 for that crappy meal at LTT.
The crowds were forming really fast for the parade. We sat on the curb again, and took turns going to get hot cocoa and cookies. It wasn't crowded for the cookies until right before the parade. There were several family angry that they had to stand. DH offered to give up his curb seat to some kids, but their parents wouldn't let them sit unless the parents could sit, too. Sigh. So, we all just sat there.

The parade for MVMCP was so nice. We video taped it. We still haven't had the chance to watch it. MVMCP was soooo crowded. We then went what I believe was Plaza Pavilion. We had already had our cocoa and cookie, but a CM was pin trading with DS2 and told us we could have more. We went and got some (the lines were starting to get long), then we grabbed a table at the edge and waited for Wishes. I'm so glad we did this. While the view of Wishes didn't have the castle in it (we were off to the side), it was nice to sit and watch it. I had only seen Wishes on the internet. It was wonderful.

Can you believe we didn't even ride during MVMCP? By 10pm everyone wanted to leave. It was awfully crowded. The ride lines were long for the ones we wanted to ride, and it was cold. We left. We were all happy though. What a great time we had.

Next post is Day 5.. Freezing Cold Epcot

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: