Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
crow11ad
Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!

Just returned from WDW 12-4-04 - 12-10-04 :) I hope you enjoy.

We left on 12-4-04. We were leaving from DFW airport in Texas and when we got to the airport, we saw someone coming in to get his luggage. I asked DW if that was and she said yes I think it is. Guess who it was. It was William Hung. You know the American Idol guy who sings "She Bangs"? Well as we got on the plane I was so excited to be going home again. This was the first time we used Delta and were very impressed. We got to Orlando about 11:00 am and it was a great day. Cool when we left and cool when we got there. We had booked our rental car with Thrifty and at that timewhen she booked this many months ago, DW became a member of their blue chip club. It is free. But what service. Before I had all the bags out of the transport bus to the outside, the car was ready. DW said thank God because the line just to get the cars were long unless you had the Blue Chip. So both of us were like

Getting to our destination was so easy. Straight shot. We started seeing all the bill boards and we know we are getting closer. Finally we passed under the Welcome to Disney World sign. A big smile on my face. We pulled up to our resort and what can we say, the Wilderness Lodge is truly amazing. We parked our car and took in our luggage and went to go and check in. When it was our turn, I was told Welcome Home. That puts a smile on your face right there. The decorations were amazing. We requested a king size bed, but they did not have any available, so they gave us an upgrade from a standard view to court side view. We were on the 1st floor and had room #1160. When you go on the patio and look straight ahead you can see the villas and look to the left and you are right there to rent the boats and bikes. So after getting our mugs ( a new tradition with us, the first thing we do is get the refillable mugs) we filled them and away we went. We decided to drive down to DTD and look around. First thing we do is go eat at Earl of Sandwich. Yummy I finally tried the hawaiian and it was good. DW will only get the all American which is good as well. We headed back to the Lodge and DW rested a little bit and I had to get a Sea racer. That was so much fun. Had a blast driving around all over. I was supposed to have 30 minutes, but had to go back like 7 minutes earlier b/c the Bay Watch patrol stated that by their watch it was time to go back. Oh well. As I got back I looked at the pool and it was amazing. So I woke DW up and we got ready because we were going to the HDDR.

We arrived at FW by boat and that was a fun place. We get our tickets for the HDDR. The food was good and the show was great. We will diffently do that again. The Christmas tree at FW at night just adds to the atmosphere. After heading back we kind of looked around the resort some more and decided it was time to go to bed. Of course before going to bed you have to make a wake up call. We did this every morning.

Sunday - - Woke up to Mickey and then Stich telling us to get up. We got ready b/c we had a ps for the Whispering Canyon. That was a fun place. The food was good to. . Of course someone asked for some ketchup and that put a smile on our faces. When it came time to order, DW said I wanted a large coke and presto Large coke comes with Large staw. Fine by me. After a yummy breakfest we went to Epcot. Driving their was so easy. We go there and the first thing we do was find our tiles that we did on the leave a legacy. That was so awsome. Just to know that for the next 20 years we will be there at Epcot. Next we rode Mission Space. Now the crowds to get on anything for today was all walk ons. There was no wait for Mission Space. This ride is awsome. The gforces on that take off is amazing. When you try to left your legs and you can't, that is truly a great ride. Now DW was a different story. She did not like that. She had to sit down for a while. Poor DW . So why she sat and relaxed I hit TT. Now back in April I didn't get a chance to ride either of these b/c DW got sick the morning of Epcot. TT got stuck before I got on, but soon those doors opened and off we went. This ride is great as well. That last turn, wow. It was a blast. Next we hit the Living Seas. We saw Turtle Time with Crush. That is the best show. The kids were going wild. Crush saw this kid in the front row and asked what toy he had and the kid said a Buzz Lightyear and Cush said he got one for Squirt and swam away and came back with with a Buzz Lightyear toy. Amazing technology. A show for any ages. We walked right onto Honey I Shrunk and still a good show as always. Finally we were able to walk alond the different countries and actually go through them. Had the classic fish n chips. Also watch Off Kilter perform. Still a great band. If you get a chance to see them, do it. We canceled our ps for the Rose n Crown becase Illuminations was not showing until 9:30 and we didn't want to sit their and wait so off we went. We went to Norway to ride the ride and finally saw the American Adventure. The line for the Candle light Progressional was soo long that we didn't even bother with it. DW sat at the outside restruant in Mexico and I went to ride TT again. It got stuck at the crash part. Then off again. They let us stay on a 2nd time because of the delay. Then I went back and we rode the Mexican ride. That was fun. DW still got our table back and I rode it again 2 more times. Illuminations was great and the special Peace on Earth ending is not to be missed.....

Monday--- We had breakfast at Trails end. It was good. Good price too. Then we decided to go the petting part. It was fun. Then it was off to MGM. Finally DW got to play WWTBAMPI. She loved it and ended up 4th on the board. Did you know the youngest person to win the cruise was 9 years old? We rode star tours and saw One Mans dream. That was a good show. We ate at Sci Fi and it's still fun to watch those old b movie clips. I rode TOT and RNR still a blast. But the top of the top that evening was the Osborne lights. Truly amazing. There was a guy dresed like a cop from the old movies blowing his whistle telling everyone to get into the Christmas mood and start singing. It was a blast. Nothing like the snow and the lights. After that we left to play mini golf at Fantasia gardens. Now that is really a truly amazing course. Really fun. Then back to the Lodge and we sat in the spa.

Tuesday== We had ps at Chef Mickeys. The boat did not come as early as we were told they would so we could meet our PS so we decided to drive to the Contempary. IT was great. Of course I had to get some cereal and put some candy on it. But it was a filling breakfast. Then we took the car back and got on the boat to the MK. WOW. The decorations add that much more. Truly amazing. We rode everything and even stuff we didn't do last time. Finally got to ride on Peter Pan and that was fun. The turkey leg was great. So were the Mickey bars through out the days. Yummy We did Stich. Now you might hear it is the worse ride, but I liked it. DW didn't care for it. But if you are going to take your little ones, be warned that it might be too scary for them. We had tickets for the Christmas party that night. So DW wanted a break and we went back. I decided to rent a bike and rode it all over Ft. Wilderness. It was great. So back to the MK again. We headed to LTT for dinner. Amazing. We will do this again. The characters came around so many times. Then off to Tomorrow Land. There was a line for Star Traders to open up. Stuff was flying off the shelf. We did get our Christmas pins for that party. We rode a lot of rides and saw the parade between Adventure land and Frontier land. But there was a light in front of us so I hope the pictures turn out alright. It was a great parade. We can't wait to see it on Christmas morning. Tip TIp...keep an out for this tip as it is all in the timing. We decied that we were going to ride Pirates. ONly a 5 minute wait and then see wishes. Well at 9:08 we decided to go and ride it. When we got out whishes was going on and we sat on the bench right by Aladdins magic carpet ride. 5 minutes later we decided to get on. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. WIth the special holiday verions of wishes that shoots fireworks in 360 degrees we were on Aladdin spinning at the same time the fireworks were in 360. Perfect timeing. We rode BTMMRR during the day and I was happy because I finally got to ride it. Same thing with splash. But at night it seems brighter and better on these 2 rides. After it was over, then back to the hotel. I went back in the spa and we decided to go to AK on Wednesday instead of Thursday and we got our PS for Bohmas changed from Thursday to Wednesday.

Wednesday=== woke up and drove to AK. Amazing resort. We wouldn't mind staying there again. Bohmas was great. That juice is amazing. Anyone have the reciepe? AK was great as well. We finally saw TFOTLK. Really good show. We saw Tarzan and it was ok. Dinosaur had a 25 minute wait. AHHHHHHHh so we didn't ride that. But we did get into the tree of life with no wait. Ate at the Tusker house. MMMMMMMMM. After that we headed back. DW wanted to do some post cards and I went to Disney QUest. When I got back we did our sleigh ride. If you can, I suggest you do this. It is so much fun. Now if the weather wasn't like 70 degrees then maybe we would have needed that blanket and hot coco. Lol. We headed to see the All Star resorts because I had to see the Mighty Ducks Pool. That was fun. Afterwards we headed to WInter Summerland. We decided to do both courses and did the Summerland first. That was fun. We were going to do the WInterland, but a family of 4 with 2 little kids were a head of us and other people were waiting. So I got the credit back for the 2nd course and off to DTD. We eat at Earl of Sandwich again and just looked at the stores. We went to DQ and this time DW helped me with the Buzz Lightyear Astro Orbitor. That was fun. We left and went back to the Lodge. Now by this time we have blisters and our legs are tired.

Thursday--- we decided to go to TL. The Shark Reef is truly amazing. DW couldn't do. She started having a panic attack. I felt bad for her. We did the body slides and went around the lazy river and even the wave pool. We were done and started to head back. Realizing that we forgot to bring towels. Lol. So I decided that DW needed a break and I headed back to MGM to ride my rides again. TOT and RNR are still a blast. As I was leaving the Pop Warner CHeerleaders decided to do cartwheels down the lanes where cars were parked. I got a little frustrated because I couldn't find the car. Then that night we went back to the Christmas Party. Went and ate where you get the chicken wraps by Splash. Yummy..I loaded mine up with everything. A big ol Wrap. MMMMMMMMMMM. We headed again to TL and when the party offically started we headed back to the front becaue at the Exposition Hall they had a line that they were selling pins from previous partys and DW wanted a Tinker Bell one. I coped out a seat on top of the RR station. After DW got back I went to go get us a drink and had to get the butterfinger fudge and the maple fudge. Yummy. After the parade and wishes we rode everything again. It seemed busier this night. But all the main rides had no wait lines really. For the first time Winnie the Pooh was not busy so we got to ride that. It was ok. I see why kids would love it. I decided to ride Space MT. one more time. Inside something went wrong. The lights came on. You could see the tracks of SM. So what did I do. I got my camera out. Different look on things when the lights are on. So off to HM and again no lines. We didn't ride BTMRR this time, but on Tuedsay we did.At 11:56 we got onto Splash with no problems. A great way to end the night. SInce this was our last night I decided to get some night pictures of the lodge for one last time and then it was off to bed.

Friday-- We woke up and packed. We put everything in the car and decided to go to the Contempary and ride the monorail to the GF to look at the life sized ginger bread house. WOW at this resort. I think DW has found a new resort. What have I created. Lol. This is a great resort. So after looking at some of the shops we left to get on the monorail becasue we were going to go to Epcot one last time. We realized we couldn't find our mugs. So back to the lodge. Went to guest services and they replaced them. Thank you WL. As I went down to that hall for the last time, it hit me. Luckly for me I had on my sun glasses. I started to form tears. I could't stop crying and DW saw this and started crying too. I tried to hold back but couldn't. Finally as we said good bye to the WL we headed to DTD one last time. Of course we shared a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich and was going to get ice cream at Gehodelies, but the line was too long. So we did some shopping and it started raining hard. So after it stopped I walked down to Sosa cigars and the magic shop. Walking back I said bye to DIsney Quest and the west side. Right before we left I got Earl of Sandwich to go so we could eat them today.

The fun part. Trying to get back to the Thrifty was a night mare. Traffic like nothing else and we were 25 minutes late returing the car. We got on the shuttle and almost didn't make our flight back because of the line to check in the luggage and for security. We made it back tired but safe, except for the kid in the back of me playing with the tray.

I am ok today as there is no tears. Tonight at City Hall in Dallas the Disney Characters are supposed to be there at 6:30 and I think it will be a great way to end our Disney vacation. I don't know when we can go back, but Disney is the only place or anythign that will really bring my emotions out and make me cry. And this is coming from someone who is 30. But all in all some of the things I regret that we didn't get to do is:

COP
Time Keeper
Bears Christmas
Energy ride
Fantasmic - oh well have it on video
GMR - video
Back Lot Tour - video

But all and all...we had a blast. Remember this, that you may wish it come very quickly, but when you are there, don't take it for granted and remember the happiness and make the memories that will last a life time. Because once you get home, it doesn't have to end. You can make it last. Because all our wishes, will come true.
Dec 2008 - POFQ,'
Feb 2011 - POFQ
Dec 2012 - POFQ
Oct 2014 - POP (finally no strollers and very limited child swaps)

Old 12-11-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
sorcerormickey
DIS Veteran

Tears are OK at WDW! I cry all the time and I live just down the street! LOL! But the City Hall thing sounds cool - definately a nice ending for a great trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
AuroraluvsPhillip

Wants to live at the Grand Floridian-room 5341
aka Jingles Harriet

Thanks, awesome trip report! You guys did so many different things, that's wonderful!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #4
TinkerPixxie
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you did have a magical trip thats so great! You mention it was raining on the day you left, how was the weather for the most part? We are leaving next sunday and i just dont know what to pack ??
Any help would be great
Thanks
Tink~

Taking 3 of my pixxies to WDW for the first time December 19, 2004 !! **
Old 12-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
crow11ad

The weather was hot. Every day it went from like 64 the day we got there, Dec the 4th to 80's the rest of the week. The day we left was the only day it rained. But it was the Floriday rain. On and off and then it stopped. I checked the weather while we were there, ch. 37 and they said that come Wednesday there is a big surprise coming. It looks like not until Christmas eve will it get out of the low to mid 60's. Now that means the low might be in the 40's. Have fun, oh and bring something for your upcoming blisters.
Dec 2008 - POFQ,'
Feb 2011 - POFQ
Dec 2012 - POFQ

Old 12-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #6
rasnlms

Tag Fairies like to add some color to your day!
DIS exchange queen

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
GRAYWIFE

Mouseketeer

Great trip report...you made ME cry!!!!

Off-Site Hotel 11/2008
Boardwalk 9/2005
Coronado Springs 7/2005
Wilderness Lodge 2/2005
Pop Century 1/2004
Beach Club Concierge 9/2003
Polynesian 12/2002
All/Star Music 1/2002
Off-Site Home 6/2001
Marriott World Center 6/96
Off-Site Hotel 6/95
Old 12-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #8
tink771
DIS Veteran

Great report! I can't wait only 9 more days!
ASM-5/8 9/5 1/4 11/3 12/00 ASMO-8/3 ASP-12/10 AKL-4/7 12/4 1/3 CBR-7/4 5/4 7/91 CSR- 5/13 1/13 11/12 5/12 10/9 5/9 3/9 1/9 9/8 3/6 6/6 8/5 7/5 5/5 3/4 5/2 7/00 7/99 POLY-5/7 POP-3/13 9/12 10/11 8/11 5/11 10/10 4/8 9/7 3/7 9/6 10/5 1/5 8/4 2/4 POFQ-3/3 POR-6/2 7/93 SS-3/11WL-92
Old 12-12-2004, 07:26 PM   #9
Disney Panda
World Showcase Luvah!

Great report. Sounds like you both had a great time. DH and I enjoyed several trips to WDW. In a few days we'll be taking our 10-month old DS on his first trip to WDW and WL. Right now I'm worried about getting everything packed .
Old 12-12-2004, 07:26 PM   #10
llij
I love my house
I'm a sucker for shoes
I only lôôk a little backwards

Thanks for the great report Crow11ad! We were there at the same time as you!! Glad to hear that you had such a magical time and yes, the time does fly by so fast when you are there.

I had many teary wonderful moments on my trip as well. Yesterday, when we landed at Dulles I wanted to burst out crying! I'm thinking that in my trip report, I'll have to put a tear jerker meter on each day i.e. 1-a little teary to 10-full out bawling!

BTW, I loved the Earl of Sandwich too!

Welcome home!!

:D

Dh Me DD (15) DD (12) DS (5)
Old 12-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #11
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip

Smile Thanks

Loved your report. Thanks so much for sharing.

I hope I can bring a tear to my 30 something year old son. He really needs to get pixie dusted......

Look at my counter!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 11:34 PM   #12
crow11ad

It just may not hit until you shut the door for the last time.
Dec 2008 - POFQ,'
Feb 2011 - POFQ
Dec 2012 - POFQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: