Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Solo for whole trip VS solo for some nites

Has anyone here taken both of these kinds of solo trips 1. The entire trip is solo, and 2. DH or others are with you for part of the trip, but some nights solo (say you and DH go, but he leaves after 4 days and you stay on solo for another 4)? If so, did you find that you didn't enjoy being solo as much if part of the trip you'd had friends or family with you? Maybe this fear sounds wierd, but that's what I'm afraid of. I've always done the first kind of trip-totally solo, but next year, DH and I are thinking of going for a week, then I'd stay on for "solo time" the second week. Although I've always loved my "totally solo" trips, I'm afraid that I may not enjoy this second option since DH was just there with me and I'll think about him still being there. What do you think? Although I do usually LOVE solo trips!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

that was what my last trip was surpose to be - the week before we left - mother decided to stay the whole time.

I hate to be mean - but I really wished I had taken her home earlier as planned.

Solo trips are great - good for it!!!

You might consider staying in a 1-bedroom when your husband is there - then changing over to a studio for your solo stay.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #3
ChisJo
Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come true!

Okay, I had the pleasure of doing this the last time I went. I was there for 5 days before my friends joined me for the remaining 7. Their company was awful. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to do everything I wanted when I wanted. They wanted to do the strangest things, and I felt obligated to do them because I was there for some time before them and got to experience some things already. After about 4 days, we ended up splitting up anyways because I didn't want to do what they wanted to do, and I had had enough.
So, would I go solo....Absolutely, anytime of the week and twice on Sunday before going with others again.
Jo

ChisJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:15 AM   #4
HugsForEeyore
Heck with the rides, give me some rare characters!
Oh well, not much we can do - the onion already took over the world

Unhappy I get very lonely after friends leave!

This is a great question! And for me to answer it, it's YES!! When I am solo after friends/family leave, I am misrable and lonely! I really have a hard time with the "soloness" afterwards!

I done many trips as part solo/part with family. Last year, I went on a seven day trip, where the first two days I was with a family I used to babysit who I don't see much. We had a really nice time together. After they flew home, I spent the rest of the trip missing their company, just wishing my cell phone would ring and I would hear them say again "Let's meet at Alfredo's!" (or someplace cool!) But of course my phone never rang. Sigh.

Last month, once again I was meeting another family I babysit for five days at Disney. This time I arrived four days prior and did my solo time then. When they got there, we hit every park, ate at a neat restaurant every night, had overall had a wonderful time! And I was happy and never lonely!

So I learned - I do my solo part first, then meet with my family/friends, then leave the same day they do! If I plan my trips that way, I enjoy my solo time AND have something to look forwards to when my friends/family get there.

Simba's Mom - any chance you can reverse your schedule? Arrive solo first and then have him join you?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
PrincessCandaceMarie
DIS Veteran

Hello ~

I love doing Disney solo!!! I usually have a friend meet me at Disney for our annual trip (she and I have been doing it for awhile, we met as pen pals, getting off track, sorry) but I honestly can't wait until she goes home! I hate having to ask someone, are you hungry, are you up, are you ready, do you want to ride Space Mountain, get it?? I know that sounds mean, but I find I get more done by myself then with others.....being with someone part of the time is nice, don't get me wrong, but I love being alone, having my own room at a Disney resort and staying at PI until closing.....that rocks!!!

~DVC 2005 Member ~

PrincessCandaceMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:26 AM   #6
Jamie77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugsForEeyore

So I learned - I do my solo part first, then meet with my family/friends, then leave the same day they do! If I plan my trips that way, I enjoy my solo time AND have something to look forwards to when my friends/family get there.
This is exactly what I am doing. For the first 6 days I'll be solo and the next 2 days my family will be there. We will all leave WDW together.

Jamie
Jamie77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: