Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
sammi6
Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities of Life!

Disney Dining Experiance Card

What is this? How do you get it?

sammi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
kbkids
Loves the World in February
I'd like to choke me a chipmunk!

They're for Florida residents only. I'm just going off your Ohio address - so assuming you're not eligible. But, do you have someone going with you who is a Florida resident? If so, they could purchase it, and it's good for up to six guests.

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
kbkids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2004, 08:27 PM   #3
westcliffemom
Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!

Does the Florida Resident have to pay for the meal? TIA!
westcliffemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

That is a good question...I wonder...

Also, just so you know they recently changed it...the card is good for 20% off for up to TEN people now! Isn't that great? I have one and I LOVE using it!!!!
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #5
Bumbles
Mods fondued my avatar..what a cheesy mess!

The FL resident does not have to pay. I had a few meals recently where I was the FL resident but someone else paid with a credit card and we were not given any hassle whatsoever.
Bumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
Forever42
The best part of Disney is the food!

A few times we've had to pay for the dinner, as the holders of the DDE card. It seems to depend on the CM and the manager.
Forever42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #7
JudithM
DIS Veteran

We had nice dinner at Olivia's recently with our FL resident friends - they used their card for the discount, & we charged the meal to our room. No problem!
JudithM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
wdw4us2
Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year MK Vet!
Enjoys being sung to by David Cassidy

I think it depends on the restaurant. We've had the card now for about 5 years. Some managers make the card holder pay and sign the check, others aren't so picky.

"No capes!"
wdw4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #9
ruebeesoho
Earning My Ears

dining card question

Does anyone have an updated restraunt list for the dining card? I've checked AllEarsnet and it was last updated 05/2003. Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
kbkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebeesoho
Does anyone have an updated restraunt list for the dining card? I've checked AllEarsnet and it was last updated 05/2003. Thanks for the help!!
Honestly, it's probably still the same, as I don't think any new restaurants have been established.

You can pretty much count on any sit-down restaurant on Disney property, parks and resorts. A few of the counter service restaurants are included if there is not a sit-down restaurant available, i.e. Port Orleans French Quarter food court. I know some of the counter service restaurants at Animal Kingdom accept it also.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #11
ruebeesoho
Earning My Ears

just wanted to say...

Thanks for the response. We'll be there in Feb w/ 4 adults and 1 child(2) and were looking at getting it. We're buying seasonal passes so that we can go back a couple more times before my daughter turns 3 and saw that we would get a discount to purchase it.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:49 PM   #12
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We've had several occasions where we've dined with friends who didn't have the card and we do. Never once had a problem using the card even when we weren't paying. As long as we were there it wasn't a problem.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:09 AM   #13
jokan
Earning My Ears

It is definately worth the money. It can even be used to buy your refillable mugs. :D
Old 12-10-2004, 08:17 AM   #14
kbkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokan
It is definately worth the money. It can even be used to buy your refillable mugs. :D
Guess that depends on your CM - when we bought our mugs at POFQ this past May, she wouldn't let me. Kinda made sense to me so I didn't argue with her. Oh well - we still got our money's worth off those mugs.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:44 AM   #15
jokan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkids
They're for Florida residents only. I'm just going off your Ohio address - so assuming you're not eligible. But, do you have someone going with you who is a Florida resident? If so, they could purchase it, and it's good for up to six guests.

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm
From Disneys website:

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, California Grill Lounge, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Buffeteria
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Polynesian Luau (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Area - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant and Bar, Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood
Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Les Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island*Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.
------------------------------

There are some changes from allears not much though. They added Planet Hollywood and Pop Century food Court.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: