Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
flea1267
DIS Veteran

new MYW is going to say me close to $1000.....

I am so excited the new MYW options are going to save our family close to $1000 when we head to see Mickey in May!!!

flea1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
Tiggerlover91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267
I am so excited the new MYW options are going to save our family close to $1000 when we head to see Mickey in May!!!
Cool!

Not everyone sees the savings like you do. Have fun planning!

Denise

Tiggerlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #3
LovePug
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

That's great news. For my immediate family of 3 we'll save $210 for our June trip. For our large family trip next December (13 of us) it'll save a total of about $600. So far I'm loving this new plan .
01/08-House rental-1st trip with my son! 11/08-Universal @ The Hard Rock Hotel. ETA: Doing MVMCP while we're there! ETA again: AND we're doing Epcot!
1/10-offsite Me-Roni-Kevin-(almost 3)Cassie-
Moved to Florida: September 2011
LovePug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
Karibeth19
My favorite things:
Walt Disney World and Oklahoma Sooner Football!

Wow! That's fantastic! We will save about $150 right now, and maybe even more, once we find out what the advance purchase price on the 5, 6, and 7 day base tickets with the park hopper and/or magic plus pack options will be. This whole new ticket thing has made me so happy!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #5
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

We'll save $558 on our next 2 trips. Can't complain about that.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Is the saving because you will not buy the options? I think we will come out ahead since we never go to the water parks. I have several sets of hoppers with left over water park days sitting here at home! Are there other savings I have not noticed yet?

Also DisneySteve, I know you have found some great off site deals. Will the new evening hours change your plan? I have been over on the off site hotels board and was all ready to try a condo, now I don't know what to do for June. Those extra hours when it's cooler would be great but the extra space and less cost would be great too! What to do? Hope for a REALLY great code I guess!
Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

How old are your kids? If they are younger, the late evening hours may not be as useful as you are hoping. Plus, since the resort guests will be "trained" to stay out late rather than get up early, the "go to a non-EMH park first thing in the morning" strategy is likely to work even better under the new EMH system. Plus, as a parent of younger kids, I loooove having a private bedroom for them so that I don't have to lay on the bed pretending to be asleep at 8:30.

If your kids are older, it might make more sense to go on property. If you need the space, two connecting value rooms might work for you, or the Ft. Wilderness cabins.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #8
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom
Is the saving because you will not buy the options?
Here's my comparison:
Current prices:
5 day park hopper: $265
If I buy 3 this year and 3 more next year, I'd spend $1590.

New prices:
10 day non-expiring park hopper: $344
If I buy 3 this year and use 5 days this trip and 5 days next trip, I'll spend $1032.

Savings with the new system: $558.
Quote:
Also DisneySteve, I know you have found some great off site deals. Will the new evening hours change your plan?
I don't know anything about the new hours, but I can't think of anything that would ever entice me to stay onsite (unless Disney opens an all-suite hotel for $50/nite). In our opinion, there is absolutely no comparison between what is available offsite and onsite. The offsite accomodations are way better for us and way cheaper.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:56 PM   #9
RescueRanger
If you put $200 under your pillow at night, you will get a tag
I have no hots for Robinrs because I don't want the Mummy curse!

The new tickets will save us about $300 for our trip in March. :D
RescueRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:06 PM   #10
Doug123
DIS Veteran

I'm the worst case scenario, but here's someone against the new ticket program (upon initial figuring).

Situation: my wife and have reservations to go down to Disney World for a quick three-day trip (our first since our second child was born).

Current Prices: our plans were to get an Ultimate Park Hopper pass, for about $57 a day. This allowed us to hop from park to park, and -- if I'm not mistaken -- allowed us to hit Pleasure Island for free. The two of us, then, would pay a total of $228 for two days (before taxes and such).

New Plan Prices: Under the new plan, we apparently start with a $126.74 base price, add $47.93 in order to park hop and go to Pleasure Island once, for a total of $174.67 per person, or $349.34 for the two of us. That averages out to a price of $87.34 A DAY for tickets.

Results: Again, that is $349.34 as compared to $228. Quite a hike in prices, unless I'm missing something.
Doug123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug123
I'm the worst case scenario, but here's someone against the new ticket program (upon initial figuring).

Situation: my wife and have reservations to go down to Disney World for a quick three-day trip (our first since our second child was born).

Current Prices: our plans were to get an Ultimate Park Hopper pass, for about $57 a day. This allowed us to hop from park to park, and -- if I'm not mistaken -- allowed us to hit Pleasure Island for free. The two of us, then, would pay a total of $228 for two days (before taxes and such).

New Plan Prices: Under the new plan, we apparently start with a $126.74 base price, add $47.93 in order to park hop and go to Pleasure Island once, for a total of $174.67 per person, or $349.34 for the two of us. That averages out to a price of $87.34 A DAY for tickets.

Results: Again, that is $349.34 as compared to $228. Quite a hike in prices, unless I'm missing something.

It sounds like the new tickets are designed to encourage people to stay longer in the parks...which makes sense b/c if they sell you the park tickets for less and you stay longer, you'll drop more money other places I guess.

We have APs so I'm not sure if the MYW is going to help us at all. But it might be the difference between buying APs next year. We'll have to see how it all works out.
tinkerbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #12
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Quote:
It sounds like the new tickets are designed to encourage people to stay longer in the parks..
I believe you're right. We're going in April, and will need four-day park hoppers with no plus features. We plan to use all the days, so we don't need the non-experation feature. The price under the new plan works out to be about what we would pay for the current four-day hoppers. No real savings or loss for us.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:37 PM   #13
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Kids ages: For this trip in June we will have our 2, DS 12 and DD 5, we are also taking our neice 17 along. So if we are on-site the older 2 can stay late if they stay together and take the bus back to the hotel. I can take the 5 year old and put her to bed. She and I can hit the parks early while the older ones sleep in from being out late. I don't know, if we stay off site then we all come and go together. Sometimes good, sometimes not. As far as tickets go all is equal but in terms of room space off site is better. That's a whole 'nother thread!
Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:05 AM   #14
OLT2004
DIS Veteran

Doug123 - If I am reading you correctly and if I understand the new price structure - it will cost you $398 + 6.5% Sales Tax for a total of $424 for a 2 Day Park Hopper with admission to PI...These tickets WILL Expire..

That is a Huge Price Increase!
OLT2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:41 AM   #15
Doug123
DIS Veteran

Bottomline, of course, is that Disney World is a business. If the people that run it think the demand to support higher prices is there, then I suppose that's the way it goes.

For my wife and I, who love Disney World, it simply encourages us to consider other options. We'll certainly go back to Disney World, but not as often. It makes a lot more sense now to wait until a longer trip is possible. Disney may be encouraging people to stay longer with this new plan, but they are also discouraging those considering shorter visits from going at all.
Doug123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: